• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm heading up to north AL this weekend to pick up my newest project. I'm inheriting my mother-in-law's 1980(?) Camaro. She doesn't really have room for it and my wife and sister-in-law want to keep it in the family and would love to see it fixed up, so it is being given to my wife and I. My mother-in-law has had it since it was about 6 months old. Apparently she picked it up from a co-worker who bought it new. It's in rough shape and will need a lot of work, but my wife wants to help (we'll see how long that lasts) and it ought to keep us busy for the next couple years.

I think it's an RS, but my father-in-law installed Z-28 hood at some point along the way. It's got an auto trans and I believe it's got the V-6. From what I understand, it's drive-able, but it's got some issues. Right now, I'm thinking LS-1/T-56 swap besides the much needed interior and exterior repairs and renovations. I want something that's fun yet easy to drive and that will go when you step on it. I want to jump right in, but I've got a lot of other things going on right now that are going to keep me busy for at least the next month or two.

I'll update with some better pictures when I get a chance to take some.

CAM01068_resized_zpswqsgol5s.jpg

CAM01065_resized_zpsdp3gjzlf.jpg

CAM01066_resized_zpshsafm0dr.jpg

CAM01069_2_resized_zpsahr2iqhq.jpg

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Awesome, i have wanted a project car/truck for a long time. Brother in law drove one of those when he was in highschool and i thought it was the coolest car. He was huge in highscool and living in Idaho, he drove it year round and when he would get stuck(every morning) he just picked the rear end up and and would slide it off the side of the curb haha.
    Will be cool to see your progress when you get time to work on it.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm also soliciting help for when I start working on it. I'll supply the beer for quality help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive worked on my truck plenty before i sold it, dont know how quality i would be considered but i can turn a wrench plenty fine. I would love to help if you ever need a hand.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ive worked on my truck plenty before i sold it, dont know how quality i would be considered but i can turn a wrench plenty fine. I would love to help if you ever need a hand.

I'm sure you'd be plenty of help. I was directing that toward Ian, who is apparently allergic to getting his hands dirty. Except when jogan is involved, of course.

pavegunner1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a 78 Z28, my first car decades ago. Wish I would have kept it when I enlisted. Might wanna check on the year, I'm noy 100 percent sure of the year but I think Chevy did a major body style change in 1980. You might kave a 70's model there.

StorMay05

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tenn once you get down hear ill defiantly be in to help I love working on pony cars. Also and LS1 and T56 would be an awesome swap, I just wouldn't let the wife know how much that would cost haha.
    what size V6 does it have?

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang that baby is slick. Doesnt look like it really needs that much work but then again what the hell do I know.

Now all you gotta do is shave that beard and grow a mullet. Call that thing the Panty Dropper

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sure you'd be plenty of help. I was directing that toward Ian, who is apparently allergic to getting his hands dirty. Except when jogan is involved, of course.

for the record, he doesn't use his "hands"

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    You my friend have your work cut out for you, looks like alot of beer to get it back in shape!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not a good start to the project. Planned on leaving by 10am this morning and still haven't left my MIL's house. Long story short, it took over an hour and almost $150 to get the Camaro cranked and I've been waiting on uhaul to come fix a flat tire for over 2.5 hours. Fun fun.

6eteqasu.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haha the King Ranches are so nice. Damn spendy though. Regretted selling my f150 the second I handed the keys over.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice car, but remember restoration projects always take more time and money than you can imagine.

Top Bottom