• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well shit, I made a mathematical error adding up my scores at the match... I am still Marksman in SSP, by 1.75 seconds.

:Cry:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Bummer. Sorry, bro.
    I can hear Jeep doing a happy dance. Seriously though, the marksman club isn't so bad.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bummer. Sorry, bro.
    I can hear Jeep doing a happy dance. Seriously though, the marksman club isn't so bad.

Naw. I want us to be in the same class. I'd imagine there will be another classifier by the end of the year, and I expect us to both be in Expert by then.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No shame in the marksman class at all, I thought that I had squeaked by though. My first classifier was 168.xx with 30 points down, and this past was a 141.75 with 70 points down, I just blew it on stage 3... Just need more practice!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Stage 3 effin SUCKS!
    Especially when you brain fart.

Yeah. I just get in too big of a rush once the timer goes off. It feels right, but the accuracy isn't there. I've got to force myself to slow down. Missing those 2 head shots in stage 1 got me all out of whack and I never really got back into it. I felt like stage 2 was better, but my hits were all over the place. Then stage 3 was just ridiculous.

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah. I just get in too big of a rush once the timer goes off. It feels right, but the accuracy isn't there. I've got to force myself to slow down. Missing those 2 head shots in stage 1 got me all out of whack and I never really got back into it. I felt like stage 2 was better, but my hits were all over the place. Then stage 3 was just ridiculous.

Yeah I dropped a headshot on stage 1 as well, in stage 3, I dropped a whole lot more than 1 shot! haha

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I TOLD ya'll stage 3 is the killer. And don't feel bad about Marksman. I was one for over a year until recently.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    <- this guy would be happy being classed as a novice at this point. The few small local club matches I've attended have shown me a lot. It's stuff that static target shooting just can't give me.
    I need to start a journal titled "the stuff I learned today". Too bad the buzzer induces temporary amnesia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I TOLD ya'll stage 3 is the killer. And don't feel bad about Marksman. I was one for over a year until recently.

That you did! I don't feel bad about it... just disappointed due to my poor math skills.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ian said "That you did! I don't feel bad about it... just disappointed due to my poor math skills." We do offer anyone who wishes that they make take off their shoes if they need to do the higher math. We WON'T rush you. Just make sure you are right.

I recently gave someone the bad news upon the posting of the scores that someone had added up their score sheet and were wrong (scored it too low) by over 30 seconds due to forgetting to add up the points down in a stage to the time it took to shoot the stage. Unfortunately, some person bet someone some money . . . . . and lost after I posted the scores. I hope to get a tablet with an app and we can get the scores computed more quickly. If any of you techno-wizards have a recommendation for such a tablet, let me know. That will take care of most of these after shooting day anxiety episodes.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Check out practiscore.com. Its a free app for scoring a match. Also syncs with shooter's devices for a real time score tracking.

Top Bottom