• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Don't understand. People around here would rather build a 7.62X39 or a 300BLK than a 6.8SPC. If you talk around NW Fla and lower Ala,Mis,Lou,the VAST majority of hunters and shooters have never even heard of a 6.8SPC. Neither have the FWC guys or Santa Rosa or Escambia County Deputies. But they absolutely love their 30-06 or 270 for them "long range" (80 - 120yd) shots.
    Hey,if you feel the need for a 30-06 shooting 165 - 180gr bullets to kill a 90# deer or a hog,go for it. But really wish I could simply understand.
    I'm like . . . - - - - ->
    ---SAWMAN

Attachments

• Gary_Busey.jpg
      Gary_Busey.jpg
      312.1 KB · Views: 271

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don't understand. People around here would rather build a 7.62X39 or a 300BLK than a 6.8SPC. If you talk around NW Fla and lower Ala,Mis,Lou,the VAST majority of hunters and shooters have never even heard of a 6.8SPC. Neither have the FWC guys or Santa Rosa or Escambia County Deputies. But they absolutely love their 30-06 or 270 for them "long range" (80 - 120yd) shots.
    Hey,if you feel the need for a 30-06 shooting 165 - 180gr bullets to kill a 90# deer or a hog,go for it. But really wish I could simply understand.
    I'm like . . . - - - - ->
    ---SAWMAN
    Simple really, 7.62x39 & 300blk are cheaper and more readily available than 6.8 **not to mention mags can be bought practically anywhere. 6.8mags rarely can be found in stores, and are expensive.

And as for the 30-06/.270, they are do-all rifles for north america...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bump . . . for a great gun that you cannot find any ammo,mags,or reloading supplies for. Especially at Walmart or the local CVS drug store on the corner.
    QUALITY hunting ammo for this gun is at least 1000 times more expensive than hunting ammo for a X39,270 or '06 also.
    Plus . . . . why use a 6.8 to kill that 90lb buck when you can NOT put the bullet where it is supposed to be,and still kill 'em with that 270 or '06.
    The bullet from my 6.8 killed this 277lb boar hog. One shot only. ---- SAWMAN

Attachments

• SANY0067.jpg
      SANY0067.jpg
      673.6 KB · Views: 238

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Guess it's a good thing I have more appreciation for sarcasm than you do for the truth...maybe someone can make this a sticky since you haven't sold it in 4 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thanks John. Really appreciate you reading,and responding to all my posts. Even the ones that you have absolutely no interest in buying the item.
    Keep a close eye on this forum for my upcoming for sale items and feel free to give them a bump (as needed).
    ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Starline has just added 6.8SPC brass to it's inventory. This is some of the very finest brass that you can buy.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    U
    For sale is a new version(582,heavy bbl)Ruger Mini-14 chambered in 6.8SPC. This weapon is all stainless with a Rynite stock. It has a forward protected blade sight and a rear peep. The weapon has had a trigger job and now breaks at 4lbs 6ozs with no creep. I have added a carry strap which I will take off if the buyer prefers it gone.

The gun has the normal 18.5" bbl and it comes with the origional rings(stainless)that it was shipped with. It will also come with three(3)ORIGIONAL Ruger 5 shot mags marked "Ruger 6.8SPC",and two 10 shot ASC mags. NO blemish on the silver mag ... just the lighting.

I will make available for purchase some 115gr Federal Fusion ammo.

This weapon is in super condition (98%+) and being all stainless,will certinly take all that nature can dish out. $775. FTF in Cantonment. NO TRADES I will ONLY consider sales to members that have at least 30 posts on this forum. An "I"ll take it" on open forum,followed by a PM and a phone call is the way that I do buisness. Thanks for looking. --- SAWMAN
    EDIT TO ADD: Now Included --> WEIGAND Flat Top Base,Silver in Color . . .

Bump to show what's for sale

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    BUMP for a really nice,hard hitting carbine.
    ASC makes higher cap mags for this gun also,however I found that the 10 shot makes the gun balance better and will deliver all the firepower needed,especially with a quick reload.
    Noticed today that CTD has 6.8 ammo for $12. per box so this gun is not very expensive to feed if you do not choose to reload. ---- SAWMAN

par87

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, thanks anyway...I mistook the post count part for sarcasm. I may be able to make up the deficit by bumping a few other posts. Standby.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thanks John . . . and you're right - - -> I am serious . . . unfortunately.
    I will be using this weapon at a carbine match at jj's so get it before it becomes "well used".
    We're gonna show people why a carbine or shotgun,no matter the length,as your primary means of defense (first grab) in a vechicle is a extremely bad idea. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I am closing this thread and retracting the offer to sell.
    Mods . . . . you may remove this entire add if you like. --- SAWMAN

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom