• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is an IDPA Classifier match!

When: SATURDAY, 7/26/2014 Setup begins at 7:00am, I believe registration CLOSES at 8:00am sharp so we can start shooting by 8:30am? Hopefully I didn't dream that up.

Where: Escambia River Gun Club http://escambiarivergunclub.org/

IDPA Defensive Pistol Match
    Shooting Disciplines: IDPA
    Bay Closed: Bays 2 and 3
    The Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters hold IDPA events on the Third Sunday and Fourth Saturday of the month. Setup begins at 7:00am, registration CLOSES at 8:30am sharp. For more information about IDPA at ERGC visit the NWFLDPS web site.

The 7/20/2014 IDPA thread got some questions about the IDPA classifier, so I'm going to move them over here. Hopefully Hipower will see this and be able to answer our questions.

I should be down for this one. Remember, the second match on 7/26 is a classifier. You can still shoot it but I think you will need to already be an IDPA member by then. If any of you newer guys wanna get ready for the classifier, get in touch with me and we'll work something out. I shot it "cold" as my very first IDPA match and it confused the crap outta me! My pointers are free, take 'em if ya want!

Well guess what? I re read the new rules and now you can shoot the Classifier AND THEN join IDPA if you want, but you didn't hear that from me, cuz I want to be able to post all the scores with the IDPA member number the first time. It is best to shoot a couple of regular matches first before you shoot the Classifier. I would want to have a semblance of what goes on before I shot to classify, but then again we shoot the classifier a couple of times a year at least, so there are four matches that in which you can classify. Usually we shoot two per month, but this time I am breaking it up to the Saturday July match and the Sunday August match. So come on out and try your hand. It b fun! (I get paid a nickel each time I type "classifier.")

How is the classifier going to be setup as far as shooting order? Does each person shoot every string in the first stage before everyone moves on to the next string, or does one shooter shoot all the strings in the first stage before everyone moves to the next stage?

Each shooter will shoot the required strings of fire for each stage, so there will be 30 shots per stage. You will need to have at least three magazines with you-more is preferable. The squads will be done the usual way and as each shooter comes up, he will shoot the entire course of fire for that stage: 1,2 or 3. Stage 1 takes the longest with seven strings of fire, so we normally have two Stage 1's set up to make things move more quickly. You may end up shooting Stage 3, or Stage 2, or Stage 1 first and then move on to the next as other folks complete their stages.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hipower, I've got another question. In the classifier, can we load our magazines to full capacity to speed things up, or are we still limited to division capacity even though each string is limited Vicker's count?

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    no limit on mags. and I think no cover garment needed, either! in my IDPA book, I have the mag loadout for each stage. Think it's something like 12-12-6 for the first stage, and something like 12-6-12 for stage 2, etc. 1911 guys are a little different.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For Stage 1, load 9 /12 / 9. For Stage 2, load 12 / 6 /12 for those who shoot in SSP and ESP divisions. For stage 3, just load up, because you'll have to perform mandatory "Loaded Chamber Reloads" (the new term) anyway, so it won't matter.

Having extra mags topped off for those (just in case moments for backup) can be a big help. If you only have three magazines (and not saying that you do), then get three more. You, and everyone else will be glad you did. But for starters, load 9/12/9, then 12/6/12.

See this thread at http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/7746/Magazines-for-Classifier?page=1#.U7jHrJRdWSo for further explanation. They have a lot of good "discussions."

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Is there anything against having more than two mag pouches?

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For the purposes of the regular match, you can only have three mags total on your person, but for the Classifier we allow you to have more mags available on your person to make things go more quickly.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just realized that I'm not going to be able to make it to the July classifier. Got a charity golf tourney that I play in every year. Hopefully I'll be able to make the one in August.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jeep, we're gonna have to tee it up some time. While I traded in my clubs for bullets a while back, I still get out every now and then....

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Try shooting a round of golf with a 12 gauge. It's a lot more fun, but the groundskeepers HATE YOU and the other golfers clear out of the way to let you play through. It's a WIN, WIN !

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I hate that i'm going to miss everything on Saturday. At least that will give me time to get in more practice before my first classifier.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm having to work Saturday, or that's my excuse for bailing anyway. Need to practice some more.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll be there!

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    nope. My very first IDPA match was a classifier. just go into it for the trigger time and camaraderie. Come find me and I'll give ya a few quick pointers during the stages.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good luck in the classifier guys, I will be there next month.

Absolutely, good luck everyone! By the way we played in the golf tourney today, we should have just stayed home. Tomorrow is another day, but there is no Calcutta, so I think we're screwed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We are GO !! I repeat, GO for the match. GET OUT THERE!!! :party:

Top Bottom