• ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IDPA
    9:00 AM
    The Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters hold IDPA events on the Third Sunday and Fourth Saturday of the month. Setup begins at 7:00am, registration CLOSES at 8:30am sharp. For more information about IDPA at ERGC visit the NWFLDPS web site.

Upcoming matches in June will be regular pistol matches using both ranges to keep things moving along. We'll have a shotgun side match on the Sunday portion using about 20 shots, five being slugs, fifteen shots using no larger in size than #6. We may also have pistol transitions to keep you ready.

More info here: http://www.nwfldps.org/

Ok, I KNOW that you guys will have time to make arrangements for this one! Who's in?

Pictures and videos start here:http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?19024-Idpa-6-15-2014-*Updated-with-pictures*&p=165012&viewfull=1#post165012

Last edited by a moderator:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The past two matches were 4 pistol stages, with a rifle side match following the pistol shooting. They have had 2 ranges set up with 2 stages per range to move things along as quickly as possible.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Idpa 6/15/2014

We have to be out of our house by the 17th. Busy next couple of weeks. Depending on how it all goes, I might slip away at the last minute.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    son's baseball season is over, so I should be good to go!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    son's baseball season is over, so I should be good to go!

Good deal, you can show us all how its done again with your mini pistol while I struggle with my full size :D.

I can't find any info on what type of side matches will be run for the upcoming events, is that a TBD kinda thing?

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    no more mini-blaster for me! going back to the full size gat so I can have a chance. Usually the side matches are announced a week or so before the match. And we don't always get a side match....it was a treat to have back to back rifle side matches this month! IMO, we're past due for a shotty side match! :)

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    no more mini-blaster for me! going back to the full size gat so I can have a chance. Usually the side matches are announced a week or so before the match. And we don't always get a side match....it was a treat to have back to back rifle side matches this month! IMO, we're past due for a shotty side match! :)

What kind of ammo do you typically need for the shotgun matches?

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it's 7-shot or higher and some slugs. Not 100% sure on that. the birdshot is for the steel targets and the slugs will be for the paper bad dudes..... and I can almost guarantee a shot-to-slug changeover mid round. Better learn whatever platform you'll be working with. I can run you through how to do it on an 870 or 590, but if you run an auto-loader, you're better off with google.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been looking for reduced reciol slugs ever since I bought my riot gun and been dwn here and can't find any. Give me an idea.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wanna say Mike's had them a while back. I tried to find them as well but gave up. Of course, with 4 weeks notice...you COULD order a few boxes of 'em and have 'em in plenty of time.... I made the mistake and got 3" magnum birdshot for the last shotgun match....that shit rocked me a LOT harder than my sabot slugs!lol 102 degree fever that day, too. Left snot all over the receiver after that course! Still one it, though. Think Huk still has the vid somewhere....

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will have to order some I guess. I will NOT shoot that things with full power slugs. Shot some birdshot in it and it was ok. Should knock down a steel target up close.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it's 7-shot or higher and some slugs. Not 100% sure on that. the birdshot is for the steel targets and the slugs will be for the paper bad dudes..... and I can almost guarantee a shot-to-slug changeover mid round. Better learn whatever platform you'll be working with. I can run you through how to do it on an 870 or 590, but if you run an auto-loader, you're better off with google.

I think that I would probably use my Benelli Supernova, although if we are swapping from shot to slugs the KSG would be pretty slick I could load each tube up with whatever is needed and just swap, and I'd look super cool while going for the slowest time again :D.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    true...and we all know it's all about the coolest LOOKING guy/gun setup. not just the most accurate/fastest.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    true...and we all know it's all about the coolest LOOKING guy/gun setup. not just the most accurate/fastest.

Duh... That is why I take so long, want to make sure everyone gets a good look at my gear :D.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ha! that's what your excuse is gonna be! I like it! I just take vids of my runs...that way I can watch 'em in slo-mo later on to get my tacticool fix.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someone PLEASE take some vids and post them. I feel the need to build a race gun. Well just change some parts on the gun I already have or MAYBE buy another one. It would be an infestment of course. LOL

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    kinda true. for the most part, we run stock guns. I shot an XDS 45 last match. Usually shoot my XDM 40 with only mod being the PRP trigger. When I run the 1911, the only mod was having 1911junky work the trigger action for me and then I added a flared magwell. No need for race guns. Just need something that goes "bang" when you need it to.

Top Bottom