wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heres a new on I've put in consideration, theres a vid at the Link also.
    http://wisemencompany.com/contour-padded-sling/

Here's a Sling kit for Sig 556s with a couple of mounting options and also One to Two point conversion, I order one last night in black multicam.
    http://www.urbanertslings.com/sig-556-swat-classic-classic-swat-two-one-point-sling-complete-kit/

URBAN ERT slings are available in several styles and they also has a selection by weapon system: AR, AK, SIG 556 & Rattler, TREVOR, GSG MP-40, P/PS90, Benelli and other shotguns and more. Most are available in several colors/patterns.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    To me,for me,for my applications,a simple adjustable length sling (2 point) is all I need. It does not have to be too wide (1" will do) because it will not be on my shoulder for prolonged periods of time. Also,it will not have a load of more than 9lbs on it.
    Any color will do as long as is not camo. Mostly use black ( black goes with anything),brown,or OD. Dont need it too long. With my weapon horizontal I do not want my weapon above the belt line.
    One more thing . . . I want the sling to be as quiet as possible. Less metal is better. Plastic is better as long as it has a quality snap buckle. And . . . when my weapon is away from my body,I do not want parts of the strap still attached to me. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FWIW: Its important to understand that with One to Two Point conversion systems: the Two Point set up may allow shooting position support or may only allow a second point to better secure the weapon to the body for hands free or side/rear stow. There's also Three Point slings for those folks that like to play Cars Cradle, Lol.

I'm not a fan of slings with "bungy cord(s). Bungy when relaxed and covered with adequate material to allow stretch create a bunched up texture that will dig into you under slight weight. For shooting support you fight the bungy at extention instead of a solid stop with non elastic material. Bungy does provide a X-inches of extention then retraction without a manual adjustment if that's the priority.

Weapon "rear" sling mount is best located at or near the rear of the receiver (parts are plentiful for buffer tube or rail). It allows the weapon to ride/rest in a higher position relating to the body, it allows cross shoulder transition (strong/support side shooting) without sling wrapping close across neck as can happen with a butt stock heel or toe mount.

Swivels: I never had a M-14/60/16 hard sling point fail. Thick loops solidly mounted. "Hunting rifle" type stuff is bottom of the barrel if you really want to keep your sh*t together.

1. Most everybody likes the push button QD. Me too until I snagged hard (drain culvet) and the "Loop" part seperated. I've hung my weight between two of them without a problem so it must have been shear load or some fancy science term for broke. The QD male portion and female base were fine. The 360° rotation is great.

2. H&K Clips/Snap were my go to prior to the newer QDs above. Fast attach, slightly slower removal. Basically a angled snap ring without a lock. There is a wide range of motion allowed BUT it is possible for the clip to be twisted around the weapons hard mount ring and it press in the hinged jaw as continued direction pressure draws the hook out of the mount point: total release of that point! We pinched the inside of the pivoting jaw to prevent accidental release. That "mod" kills all quick change.

3. MASH Hooks are the direction I'm going now. Instead of a clip/jaw these have overlapping hooks creating a circle, that only open when the body is "mashed" causing the hooks to seperate between the overlap. You then slide it left or right to install or remove. They create a solid connection but are slower to use, more motion/dexterity required and you may need to "watch".

Oops! Mounts on plastics are only as strong as the plastic, backing plates spreads the load. Metal hooks can eat plastic loops on stocks. Metal hooks can also wear aluminium hard points under hard use. I've seen para cord used as a link between the two to eliminate that wear.

Your milage and experience may vary.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Sometimes two point or single point depends what I'm doing. In the shoot house I take it off. Tree stand, single point, so I dont fumble it. Walking, any sling that dosent slide off. I like the neoprene ones that have some give.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I go back and forth about my mounting locations. I typically go to the far ends of the gun; muzzle end of rail, and outboard side of stock. I have points on my rifle for receiver end of rail and rear of receiver as well, but hardly use them. I haven’t heard any solid arguments as to which of those to pick. .........

Deadly Threat Defense LLC
    Firearms Training near Pensacola, FL

If typical two point sling is diagonal across back and over strong side shoulder with mount to heel/toe of butt (UP) and muzzle down: LOW READY.
    Carrying W/Sling then moving into shooting sling supported Strong side then transition directly to Weak side will show problems.
    A. You will drag that butt mount sling across your throat and may need to add slack adjustment to reach weak shoulder. This is bad enough standing/crouch but gets worse while trying to shoot under obstacles.
    B. IF your rear mount is at the rear of receiver: the Butt rides at equally high yet it has a lower anchor or "pivot point". The distance between the mount/pivot and the Butt can be directed to either shoulder. No choke, no adjust.

Slings can be had with all manner of slick bidirectional lock/release adjustment, they can be fast but its better to be shooting, LOL

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I must be weird, I went with an old school military looking AR, and pulled a military issued (Silent) black sling out of my parts stash and I use it.

Had a bunch of the silent slings, but apparently people like them and I gave them all away.

20170701_175445a.jpg

Attachments

• 20170701_175445a.jpg
      20170701_175445a.jpg
      305.8 KB · Views: 133

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Absolutely nothing wrong with simple! There's outside vids and posts of folks that attempted to "adjust" slings/harnesses and couldn't figure out how to get them reassembled correctly. Lol. Truth is some of the straps and hardware are directional threading dependent for proper use.

Top Bottom