• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MsChief

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the Back Cover
    America faces a full-scale socioeconomic collapse in the near future. The stock market plummets, hyperinflation cripples commerce and the mounting crisis passes the tipping point. Practically overnight, the fragile chains of supply and high-technology infrastructure fall, and wholesale rioting and looting grip every major city

As hordes of refugees and looters pour out of the cities, a small group of friends living in the Midwest desperately tries to make their way to a safe-haven ranch in northern Idaho. The journey requires all their skill and training since communication, commerce, transportation and law enforcement have all disappeared. Once at the ranch, the group fends off vicious attacks from outsiders and then looks to join other groups that are trying to restore true Constitutional law to the country.

Patriots is a thrilling narrative depicting fictional characters using authentic survivalist techniques to endure the collapse of the American civilization. Reading this compelling, fast-paced novel could one day mean the difference between life and death.

Here it is on AMAZON

PDF version HERE
    *I do not take any responsibility of anything associated with this file if you save it to your computer

Download THIS PDF reader if you don't have one. DO NOT USE one you find on the above site or any other download in case of malware.

First discussion will be Dec 17th - Chapters 1-7 (Through to page 96)

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK. I'll try to gt it tomorrow or Thursday latest.

I just did a search for reader reviews on this book and it really does sound like an excellent choice. Entertaining yet full of useful information. Very cool.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, just packed wife off to work with her assignment. LOL I should have my copy tonight.

Edit, she and I discussed me being dragged into the 21st century today, i.e. do I want Kindle, Nook, Ipad, etc. Guess I know what I'm getting for Christmas.

On that note, I'll post an email I just got, reminds me of me:

We Seniors still need print media.

I was visiting my daughter last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper.

'This is the 21st century,’ she said. 'I don't waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad.'

I can tell you this, that damn fly never knew what hit him.

Last edited:

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey seanpcola, years back I bought my wife the first gen kindle. I personally thought it was dumb and a waste of time. I perfered a paperback book. Well later on the kindle fire came out. That's what she wanted for her birthday. So we had a 1st gen kindle that wasn't being used. I tried it out and I must say it is wonderful. Books are cheaper and when I read at work I don't have to hear other coworkers bashing my choice in reading material. The battery life of the 1st gens are stupid crazy long. I've gone almost a whole month without a charge. And the best part is they are cheap. So just something to think about. Thanks for your time, Donkey.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the advice DmcW! Doing the research right now.

Oh, BTW: Who bought up all of the copies of Patriot dammit! Wife didn't get to the book store till this evening, went to BAM and B&N. Both places sold out. Clerks in both stores said they sold out just this week. Which one of you on here has MY copy!

j/k I'm gonna order it on Amazon right now. In the meantime wife bought me "Survivors" by the same author. Guess I'll warm up on it while waiting.

Guess this is a good reason to get an eReader, eh?

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1st Chapter was pretty bleak & depressing, I may pass on this one.

Warning: The following is ramblings of a flu affected, medication influenced sick puppy. I'm puny, Nyquil'ed up, one beer and a vodka tonic over the line.

Aw, c'mon Frank. I agree to a point that many of these books are downright depressing but just keep in mind it's fiction. Also, I try to look at the survivors and think that, though life has changed, they're alive! And hope (not the kind espoused by "you know who"), but maybe after things settle down the really important issues in life come around.

My wife has this idea that she occasionally expresses. She's stuck in the old West. She's an Oklahoma cowgirl and growing up, her first marriage and raising kids was all done with the bare necessities. Not a big fan of the internet though she uses it daily for work and staying in touch with family but in a lot of ways she fears the technology. I sometimes think she is right.

I mean, I love modern tech and creature comforts. However, I'm not always a really happy person. No complaints, and I do try to count my blessings (I have many) but I feel.....................distracted.

I love the idea of communicating with people that I wouldn't otherwise ever meet or get to interact with. However, maybe a "reset of priorities" is what society needs.

Do I want to go through it? Nope. Maybe it's a tough love for humanity.

In closing, I'll read Patriot when it gets here. It's about three days out. I'm reading Survivors by the same author right now. Pretty sure it'll follow pretty close to the featured book. I'm pretty good at living through book characters and then coming back to reality. Been doing it since I could walk.

Also watched some "Disaster Preppers" tonight. Wife is working late and she hates that show. I'm pretty confident that I've done and am doing all I can to be prepared. I'm actually drawing comfort from comparing myself to some of those bozos. I don't have everything accumulated that some of those folks do but I have a game plan, go-to people, I've done some thinking outside the box and I have some as of yet unexploited assets. 2013 is going to be my year of many changes and that ain't the flu meds talking.

I could go on and on but the better half just walked in. Time to go beddy-by and hopefully break the fever thing.

Ian, please feel free to delete this if it's too rambling. I started off trying to encourage Frank to look at the bright side and ended up pontificating.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sean, No, I am stopping. Like the last book I can find food and fight for survival but $65 a gallon gas, $1000 of your dollars worth $1, nothing you can do about that and may be truer than not. You watch the Ele Grid be attacked and watch this Country implode! Enjoy the book guys...

OH and hope you get feeling better soon...I got my Flu shot and am hoping that is enough!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, my copy of Patriot just arrived from Amazon. I'll start it tonight.

Finished Survivors by the same author last night. It was OK, I think that one is going to be the first book of a series or trilogy so no close out at the end.

I'll save my thoughts on the portrayal of the characters and other issues till we really get into discussion.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ditto...starting it tonight...Frank only reads ever four presidents, so we'll catch him during Bieber 2020-God help us all if that day comes

Last edited:

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need that same type link to PDF again if y'all find one. Thanks

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've knocked out a couple of chapters so far. It's the same as Survivors except the characters. The first couple of chapters explains the mechanics of the meltdown, or Crunch as he calls it.

At this point I'd trust Justin Bieber more................

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just throwing this out and still feeling really puny.

In this book club endeavor: Can we/should we split around with topics in the book AND also discuss the author? I mean, do you all think motivation (as example) of the writer should be taken into consideration?

Thinking back to the first selection. I believe that the author truly has a concern for the future and was doing, in the only way he felt he could, all he can to get the word out and awareness up about the EMP threat. I think this guy, John Wesley Rawles, thinks that way too but I think he also has another message. What it is I won't say until everyone else has a chance to get a few chapters under their belt.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, It's the 17th and I'm done wit the book. MsChief, do you want to throw out the questions?

If everyone is too busy with Christmas prep just chime in and this can be put off till everything calms down.

MsChief

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will have to admit...I haven't even begun. :( These past few weeks have been absolutely non stop. Hopefully I will have some downtime over the holidays.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I figured everyone is gonna be really busy for the next couple of weeks. Only reason I got it read is there family in town early for Christmas and I'm constantly out-voted on the TV channels.

Top Bottom