• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just finished reading this book and really enjoyed it. I noticed the movie is coming out sometime but the book was fantastic. Just sayin. JW

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I saw the movie tonight and it was great...a little hollywooded up, but pretty damn close to the book. If you watch closely Marcus luttrell is actually in some of the scenes in the background "playing" a seal

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally watched it yesterday, I did not read the book, I did not see what I would call hollwooded up, but I am sure it was somewhat. I thought it was a good movie as lond as you didn't expect too much hollywood special effects type of a show. It seemed to be as close to the real deal as I could tell. It was very heart wrenching to see choices made = disaster in a few differant places. a simple dessision could have changed the outcome in a few places. It is easy to armchair QB , and I am not a stragiest , I would think that he really regrets not capping the goat hearders, and can see where he would indeed have a great admiration for the guy who defended him at all costs. Great storie and I am glad I watched it, and also glad it was not too distorted by hollywood. I love the Seal/ Rangers / Green Beret / and all the Special Force teams that go through pure hell to protect our rights and safty here at home. I really fel sad for thier family, they also endure severe hardships and too many losses. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS for ALL THEY DO!

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    the book was awesome the movie was ok. i really wanted to like it too. i bet it was better if you didnt read the book first.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now I have to wonder wehat the differance was?, I really can't read books, I have some kind of mental block, my mind wanders and I loose track of what I read? And the teachers thought I was just playin around.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The ending in the movie was rushed. They left out a lot about why the village protected him and how he was rescued. Reading about him going thru training was worth the book as well.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now I have to wonder wehat the differance was?, I really can't read books, I have some kind of mental block, my mind wanders and I loose track of what I read? And the teachers thought I was just playin around.

Heck Dan, that just makes you normal. I burn through at least two paperbacks (well,.actually ebooks) a week and I can't tell you crap about hardly any of them. I'll finish a novel and two.days later someone will ask what I read. "Don't remember the title". What was it about? "Damned if I can recall". Who was the author? "Dunno".

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess there were too many movies about seal training to make it worth the movie time? Yea the reason for the protection was just explained in a credit at end of movie, That would have been a little intreaging, and very honorable to do so. gonna have to see jarhead 2 now the previews looked interested. "I love being a Marine ooh raa!" Man I wish I was 18 again, I would be there.

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Be honest I was kind of surprised by the movie, didn't think it was necessary to show Matthew 'Axe' Axelson catching the head shot or Danny Dietz having his wedding band lifted. Their families shouldn't have to see those terrible moments. I am all for people seeing and understanding true sacrifice, but not at the expense of families that have already had their lives torn asunder by loss. But just my view point

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Be honest I was kind of surprised by the movie, didn't think it was necessary to show Matthew 'Axe' Axelson catching the head shot or Danny Dietz having his wedding band lifted. Their families shouldn't have to see those terrible moments. I am all for people seeing and understanding true sacrifice, but not at the expense of families that have already had their lives torn asunder by loss. But just my view point

I whole heartedly agree, no need.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also agree on that point, but Pretty sure they would have to at least ok'ed it , and got paid for the story line, or I don't believe that Lutrell would have allowed it. He seems like a decent guy.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Book is outstanding; haven't seen the movie. Related book that is excellent is "Operation Redwing" - it is about the op that Luttrell was on when he became the lone survivor. Written by another SEAL....

Top Bottom