• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Someone suggested that I post a review on the Glock rear sight pusher I was going to buy. Here you go.

I ended up buying the AMG (AmeriGlow) rear sight pusher. I had ordered the AMG night sights and front sight tool earlier, and at $100 and change it appeared to be a good value among rear sight pushers I discovered.

Since the aging Glock 30 night sights were getting dim compared to the AMG I put on the 19 and the 21, I decided to also order the AMG Ghost Ring Night Sights for the 21, intending to float the standard night sights on down to the 30 if I like the Ghost Ring sights.

The AMG Glock sight press came in as the straight sided sight model. Bummer, I did not notice that; and all the Glock and AMG sights I have are slanted sides. Oh well, it is here; and better than banging on the rear sights <GRIN>, so I decided to go for it.

First, I think the straight sided rear sight pusher (say that three times real fast!) is more flexible that the slanted side sight pusher from the design and the contact points. Nothing scientific, just my opinion.

The AMG sight pusher is all steel, solidly built, and works great! Had two sets of night sights installed in less than 30 minutes, without any set-up....so had to go get the other material (lock tight, Q-Tips, ect), time outs for beer sips, and text exchanges with gun crazy relatives all at the same time.

Not so big surprise, while I really like the AMG Glock sight tools; the AMG Ghost Ring Night Sights ROCK!!! I always suspected I would like this type sight set-up as I like peep sights. Dudes and dudettes, if your aging eyes are betraying you; these are the sights for you!

All items were bought from Cheaper Than Dirt, not a plug for them as I am not affiliated in any way; just a cheap ole bastard trying to stretch my fun money, and my fun, and that is where I found them in stock cheapest!!! ;)

Your mileage may vary, all my own not-so-humble opinion! Happy shooting.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the review man I am also in the market for one. Will def have to check this one out!

Top Bottom