• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I took my new PF-9 to the range yesterday for the first time. I shot a total of 205 rounds with 5 FTEs. I had 1 FTE on the 2nd mag, I think I limp wristed that one. I shot 100rds of Federal, 50 of Remington, 20 of the DRT HPs, and 35rds of Winchester white box. I had 4 FTEs with the Winchester, gave the other 15rds to the person next to me and they had 2 failures in their LC9. Once I got the rear sight tightened down it was right on target at 7yds. The pistol was not as hard on recoil as all the youtube videos suggest. I rapid fired 5 mags and they ran flawlessly. Overall Im happy with the PF-9. Im glad I went with the PF-9 instead of the LC9 because there were 3 of them next to me at the range and they could only get about 3 shots on a 12" target at 7yds and I was getting all 7 shots on a 6" target at 7yds. I will update this after a good cleaning and another range trip.

Last edited:

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife has an older one and she's pretty good with it. She had a few limp wrist fte the first mag she put through it but after that shes good. I polished the feed ramp and gave it an extreme cleaning when she got it, been a pretty good gun.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I liked mine alot, weight and function was fine, the only thing I did not like was the small space inside the trigger guard that did not allow me to acquire the weapon and put my finger on the trigger w/o fumbling. My 3PAT is not like that. +p ammo not recommended.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Strongly suggest checking the slide around the ejection port for cracks. Before and after each and every firing session.

Google search shows it's actually not uncommon. Apparently kel tec is pretty good on the repair/replacement but time can be a pain.

I can't hit the side if a barn with mine, from inside the barn. Other than that I've never had a feed/eject/fire issue with it, and it fits almost anywhere

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im getting pretty good with it. I can keep it in a 6" target at 15yds.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Keltec's normally need a good fluff and buff. I got a brand new FDE/Tan PMR 30 and it states that run only american made ammo. But I did a good fluff and buff on all the parts and it will run anything now. Loving it.

slfree

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had a second generation P3AT. 1000 rounds and 2 trips to Florida and it still would not pass my personal carry test. Which is just 200 rounds in one session without a failure. Even my Taurusess's passed that test.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some failures are ammo-generated.
    WWB are basically considered factory seconds at this point.
    About as unreliable as Remington Golden Bullets...kinda sad.

Far better to load one's own ammo these days...
    can't trust the factories anymore.

Top Bottom