Target Sports

$45 for a used G19 magazine? Price gouging?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Went to Jays guns in Pensacola with a friend to kill some time and decided to pick up a magazine or two. However they only had a couple used mags in stock, not a big deal, but the salesperson said they were $45 ea. FOURTY FIVE AMERICAN DOLLARS FOR FACTORY 15RD MAGS!?!?! I don't want to talk bad about the place but everytime I've been in there they've quoted me prices over MSRP. Has anyone else experienced anything like this there?

Also the salesperson did not clear a single weapon he handed me and snickered when I did.

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sounds about par for the course with Jay's. Every time I've been in there it's been kinda craptacular.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is price gouging NEW Glock mags are $29.99 everywhere is see them they have a bunch of them at Campbell's hardware right now.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I hate to say say it Rick but your response lost all merit with me after you mentioned obamacare. I asked about a magazine price, not your opinion on the idiocy of our gubment. Also I myself would never grossly overcharge a person for anything I.e. your .22 rds, I just don't do that. However feel free to do whatever you want.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jays, no matter pcola, cview, baker, or pc, always has good stock. They also always have jacked up prices.

Go for price references or to hold guns. Don't go to buy.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Although, buck n bass had over priced mags aswell, I was looking for ruger p series, $37

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Indeed, I suppose it does only take one. I just wanted it known that I had been there recently, and this one individual should not be allowed to represent all of them.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm just speaking of my experience there. I also work in the retail businesses where I occasionally sell firearms. I have had numerous customers, most of whom have been repeat customers, tell me that the fact that I cleared each and evey weapon I removed from the cas really stuck out in their mind. Bad habits just like good ones are contagious.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hate to say say it Rick but your response lost all merit with me after you mentioned obamacare. I asked about a magazine price, not your opinion on the idiocy of our gubment. Also I myself would never grossly overcharge a person for anything I.e. your .22 rds, I just don't do that. However feel free to do whatever you want.

I truly apologize for voicing my opinion on gouging and our federal government in your gouging thread. Won't happen again.

Rick

Top Bottom