• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been research a new full size 9mm and have yet to find a bad word spoken about the CZ. Has anyone one had any experience with this gun? I need some real world info. Thank you and Merry Christmas

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I kno some here have P07 duty and if I remember right they gave stellar reviews..I have no hands on but have also read great reviews on the full size like u

Duelist

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I won one at a match in South Florida. I gave it to my Son In Law and Daughter because they wanted to learn how to shoot a handgun better. I let them shoot it when they were visiting, and it was near perfect for them. Accuracy was on par with Glock and S&W. They liked the sights and the size of the gun. The main thing that makes it great in my book is the fact that you can convert it from single action to double action, with a hammer drop (everything included). They choose to use double with the hammer drop. Mags are expensive (about $50). I gave them 4 more than the 2 that come with the gun, that will last them for a very long time. I was going to use it for IDPA matches, but never did.

dbevarly

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out the CZ 75 BD; SA/DA w/ decocker. It's all-steel, not polymer like the Duty. Great weight, feel and an incredible firearm.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is a link to a CZ forum where you can find more information. I imagine there are few people who own one around here. I would like to try one myself.

I recently got a CZ 75 & think the new omega trigger is a option I wish I had (comes standard for PO-9). The CZ 75 even in single action has just as long a trigger pull from start to finish as my glocks. I actually measured the travel distance with calipers.

This is my first double action so it maybe a common thing among them or just the CZ 75. I do not see a point of the single action mode if it has so much take up. It is still a very accurate gun.

If I could do it over I would buy the cz p09 or straight single action only cz 75. I was looking more for target/range gun then a carry weapon.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php

Last edited:

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a full size, steel .45 Witness.. Greatest pistol I've ever held or fired. Accurate and dependable.
    It's the older style with the squarish slide. Only problems I ever heard about the Witness line was with the 10mm.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't say enough good about the P07, and have been eyeing that P09 very hard...

I took a friend out who was looking to pick up his first pistol, hadn't really shot one before.

He shot:
    Sig 226 9MM
    Sig 229 9MM
    Glock 34
    M&P Vtac 9MM
    Sig 1911
    Springfield 1911
    H&K USP Compact 9MM
    Beretta 92G
    Springfield XDM 4.5 9MM
    CZ P07 9MM

He picked the CZ over all the other guns based on its ergonomics and value, and the fact that he was tearing the middle out of the targets with it right off the bat didn't hurt either. I think it is an awesome awesome pistol, especially for being in the $400 dollar range, the mags are expensive and that sucks, but even if you get a few extras you still aren't exceeding what you'd spend on a glock.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Omega trigger is very crisp and breaks nicely, and the ability to have decocker, or thumb safety is rather cool too.
    The slide riding inside the rails and low on the gun reduces felt recoil also.. and the ergonomics are just outstanding

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not to hijack another thread..but my question is somewhat relevant..

Why is the P07 now coming with the EXTENDED BARREL (not threaded)..any time I see one locally its the extended version..the barrel sticks out of the slide by .25 in..is there a reason for this??..I know longer barrel would add velocity..but .25 in can't add that many fps..and I wish I woulda picked one up when they were $400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not to hijack another thread..but my question is somewhat relevant..

Why is the P07 now coming with the EXTENDED BARREL (not threaded)..any time I see one locally its the extended version..the barrel sticks out of the slide by .25 in..is there a reason for this??..I know longer barrel would add velocity..but .25 in can't add that many fps..and I wish I woulda picked one up when they were $400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped into Ranger Firearms in FWB today and they had an 07 and an 09; I want to say they were in the $440 range. I thought hard about it, but I'm looking for a Springfield TRP Operator.

Top Bottom