Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport

Project Appleseed

has anyone done this yet ?
    Looks like fun

Events coming up in Tally & P'cola

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-stat...tename=Florida

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow What a Ride"** ~ HUNTER S. THOMPSON

Assault is a Behavior, not a Gun or Device.

Yes its an awesome experience. Intend to do it again at first opportunity.

If I could actually find 22LR reliably for cheap I would build up a 10/22 to do this out at ERGC but until then I am not going to do it. I hear they are an awesome time.

It's one of the reasons I picked up my 597,,,,
    she got some new ''makeup" today
    Name:  New stripes for Thumper.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  28.1 KB
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow What a Ride"** ~ HUNTER S. THOMPSON

Awesome setup. Going to have to lose the glass for appleseed though. Name:  2013100795104132.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  514.9 KB
    Last edited by M.O.A.; 10-17-2013 at 09:00 AM.

6. Likes M.O.A.'s Post:

I was told they allow glass,,,
    but recommend irons
    I can't see a target that small at 25yds unless I use a scope

22LR
    Hi.

Late to join in here but I am one of the local Appleseed volunteers. The next Appleseed is coming up February 3/4 at ERGC (We'll be done well before Sports Ball Kickoff).

We also have April 7/8, October 6/7 and December 1/2 scheduled for 2018 at ERGC.

We do allow scopes for sure. We even teach you how to translate inches on the target to minutes of angle and clicks on your scope or irons. You'll actually learn more bringing an unzeroed rifle than all the fiddling you might otherwise do.

We don't prefer bi-pods unless you have a physical limitation that would make it unsafe for you to shoot without fore end support. Basically it's usually smaller kids that cannot support the rifle safely.

In addition to rifle marksmanship, we teach some little remembered history about April 19, 1775 - the battle of Lexington/Concord, the shot heard 'round the world and the start of the War for Independence from Britain. Pretty much not taught in school anymore.

You can find out more and pre-register at:

https://appleseedinfo.org/

If you still have questions, hit me up at work - 850-478-5270 and I'd be happy to answer your questions.

See you on the firing line,

Tim

9. 4 Like Alchemist's Post: