• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbigcarl

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What is the deal with all the rattle snakes this year? I have seen six in the last month and two this week. Is it time to start hibernation?

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's still warm enough for em down here. Here's one that was caught up in Washington County.
    image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      156.4 KB · Views: 444

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That wopper is still alive! A brave couple of folks right there, I would still be running and shooting!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here we go again. I'm waiting on John to comment. LOL

One word: Perspective That guy is holding the snake on a long pole and the camera is close to it. I should take a photo of my Johnson from that angle: Automatic employment in the adult film industry.:whistle:

linkovich

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah he's holding that thing way out from his body so it looks lot bigger than what it is. But it is still alive....to hell with that!

I saw a couple of big timbers at our place a month or two ago, killed one and the other got away. Besides them all we've seen are moccasins.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Opposite for me. I haven't seen a Moccasin once this year even at a place that usually has plenty. On the other hand I've seen at least a dozen rattlers since Spring.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had a good bit of moccasins and copperheads around my place this year. Had a copperhead on my porch a few weeks ago that dry bit my wife's shoe when she was coming in the house.......she was certainly lucky, but can't say the same for the copperhead.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got this guy the other day, he was squared off in the driveway with a squirrel... Then Mr. 870 separated his head from body ... Scary, a few feet from where my baby girls play

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381672710.028432.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381672710.028432.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381672710.028432.jpg
      194.7 KB · Views: 224

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If y'all kill any rattlers and dont want them I wouldn't mind having them for the skins if they're in good shape: 3138775 aaron

Bottlestopper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was standing on a 4 footer Saturday after a dove hunt in Okaloosa County.I noticed something hitting the ankle of my snake boots .It was a 4 footer striking my boot?

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Barnacle Dave from PFF and I were heading up to a dove hunt in Baker and saw one on the side of the road about 3' long sunning and had his head about 4 or 5" above the pavement. I wonder what it thought of the tires passing in front of it face. On another note, I'd just finished installing new hinges on my 09 48 qt Igloo cooler and washed it out in prep for some sparkling adult beverages, I turned to walk back to the truck and nearly shat my drawers when a black racer slithered just a few feet ahead of me into my flower bed. I hope he eats all the mice before he hibernates. We don't have many (mice), but one year I killed a hog snake, and another non-poisonous snake and I had rats in the attic that winter. So, I'll take the occaisional heart attacks from the non-poisonous snakes rather than deal with
    rats/mice. I'll stick to eliminating the moccosins, copperheads, and rattlers and leave the others alone.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I came face to face, literally - 12 in., from a 5' grey rat snake a couple of weeks ago. That's a better test of your heart than the cardiologist putting you on a treadmill.

DSC02090.JPG

Attachments

• DSC02090.JPG
      DSC02090.JPG
      240.6 KB · Views: 171
    Last edited:

pavegunner1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had a big grey rat snake in our back yard a couple of weeks ago that took my wives breath away. It left on its own and hope it keeps the mice/rats away. Now to just find something that munches on black widow spiders, exterminated about a dozen of em this month.

Top Bottom