• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hukdizzle

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone from the forums here attending? We are shooting a normal match with 3 courses of fire and a shotgun sidematch that will include switching from shotgun to sidearm.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Gotta be at work at 1400, what time does it start, and I guess it's off quintette?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

hukdizzle

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Match starts at 9AM and lasts typically until 12PM or so. The sidematch is directly after the actual IDPA handgun match. You don't have to shoot the entire match if you do need to leave early.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Awesome I'll try to make it. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    for those who are into shooting IDPA, Tristate Gun Club in Daleville AL holds an IDPA match every 4th Sunday of the month. 6 challenging stages including a shoot house and usually finish by noon. match result is calculated at the end of the match and plenty of prices to give away. all for a whopping $10. see you there!

Last edited:

Choppa6

40 Watt Phased Plasma Rifle
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HAHA! Yer funny. That's how you promote yer local range and club? Meanwhile, we love to shoot the side matches. Not sanctioned matches, but side matches, get it? Cool!? Good. Shady he says! I bet yer club rocks. The one I am a part of rocks. By the way, we shoot Shady, unsanctioned, rifle SIDE matches with slings. Just sayin!

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Did I miss something (no shooting discipline allows use of a sling ) where did this come from, you mean all the service Rifle matches I have shot in for over 20 yrs I was not suppose to use a sling . And all the side matches was not suppose to be. Some times the side matches was the best part. Oh I forgot couldn't use the sling at the 200 standing slow fire. just my 2 cents jj

Choppa6

40 Watt Phased Plasma Rifle
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For what we do as side matches at our IDPA club, it is important to run a sling. Maybe it is not "Real World" practical but we use transitions. From Rifle to pistol. and vise versa. These side matches are for our benefit as DEFENSIVE shooters. Deal with it!! HAHAHA!

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    HAHA! Yer funny. That's how you promote yer local range and club? Meanwhile, we love to shoot the side matches. Not sanctioned matches, but side matches, get it? Cool!? Good. Shady he says! I bet yer club rocks. The one I am a part of rocks. By the way, we shoot Shady, unsanctioned, rifle SIDE matches with slings. Just sayin!

Choppa6, I am not affiliated with TSGC. just throwing it out there for folks who might be interested in other options or who wants to add another match day to their monthly calendar. give yourself some options and check out how other clubs run their matches.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I didn't see that Tri-Stage Gun Club is affiliated with IDPA, but it looks from their video filmed from a drone that they do shoot USPSA, not IDPA. TSGC doesn't list any affiliation with IDPA or USPSA that I could find, but that doesn't mean they can't shoot those type matches. Their separate bays give them the ability to shoot stages simultaneously and finish quickly. I hope we can do that at ERGC in the next few months as range improvements continue, but slowly.

We use slings with long guns on our side matches because when your long gun runs out of ammo or ceases to function, you don't want to take time to lay down or throw down your long gun while you transition to your quickest reload, the pistol. If you're at home after Hurricane aftermath and you find yourself in a "Critically Dynamic Situation" you don't want to leave your long gun on the ground, but take it with you and besides, it's a lot easier to carry slung on your shoulder or in front of you than holding it in your hands if you have to carry it for awhile.

Clint Upchurch, world champion 3 Gun shooter, just started putting a sling on his rifle and found out how much different it is when he had to transition from one to the other. Imagine, never shooting without slinging before or after using the pistol. Must be nice to just have a barrel or table laying around on which to unload your long arm and then finish up with your pistol, but that's Three Gun Matches for you where they are working to shoot as fast and accurately as they possibly can, not necessarily defensively.

Top Bottom