• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshuae2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im going my first IDPA match at East river gun club tomorrow, and i was wondering what time are they usually over?

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    we usually have everything wrapped up, including any side matches, by 2pm. the main pistol event should be over around 12-12:30. not sure what time everything starts now with daylight savings hours, but I plan to get there around 8 to help set up the stages. come find me and i'll run you through what to expect. I'll have on a shirt with a guy shooting fish in a barrel on it! John.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    damn right, son! final time was a 20.13 and Curtis got second with a 20.99. But I must add that he shot the stage clean....down zero!

was great to meet you and see some new faces out there! Even our HMFIC here at the forum was out there for his first IDPA shoot! Both you and Ian are very accurate and both of you displayed very safe gun handling! If you can work on just a few simple things, you'll be a top contender for sure! Ian as well! If you both keep at it, the nervousness will wear off and your head will clear up of the little things that first timers all worry about and you'll be able to shoot with instinct and move with more deliberate motions. Dunno if I'll be able to make it to the next match Saturday, but if not, you guys should still feel right at home out there. Good group of guys out there. And never be afraid to ask any questions! Now just practice that new grip......

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks to Jogan, Hukdizzle and choppa6 for showing me the ropes. Joshua, you were definitely sandbagging... other than the mag retention issues your shooting was pretty damn good :D.

After I got done being nervous, I had an EXCELLENT time... I am already looking forward to next week's match.

I think that I am going to create a section for IDPA here with match information and results, maybe we can get some more forum members involved in this awesome sport.

I can't understand why there aren't more people in the area taking part in this, yesterday was definitely one of the best times that I have had shooting!

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds good! I like the separate section for IDPA stuffs. And yeah, can't believe there aren't more shooters out there. This is by far the best practice/training anyone with a carry permit can do. We have lots of military and leo's out there as well. If you carry a gun, you need to come out and shoot these matches....plain and simple.

hukdizzle

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds good! I like the separate section for IDPA stuffs. And yeah, can't believe there aren't more shooters out there. This is by far the best practice/training anyone with a carry permit can do. We have lots of military and leo's out there as well. If you carry a gun, you need to come out and shoot these matches....plain and simple.

Agreed, standing in place and blasting mag after mag isn't going to cut it. Granted IDPA is still a game and isn't really "training" but it's still the best thing we can get around here where you can move, draw and fire, etc.

joshuae2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All i know is that i had a blast, and got some awesome experience. I will definitely have to practice the grip that Curtis showed me, so i will stop dropping my mags. Thats just what i need is to actually have to use my piece and i drop the mag. I guess i would just have to throw it at them at that point. Jogan Curtis and Choppa6 thanks for the help and mentor ship. after the first COS i also had a blast, was one of the funnest things i have done. cant wait until next weekend to get back out there and do it again. Hey Jogan where is Alabama do they hold the IDPA match.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    not sure if Alabama has IDPA or not. our match director, Mike, is on here...he might know. And yeah, it's good to know that when something went wrong, you wouldn't get one shot off and drop a mag leaving you standing there with your pants down....lol

hukdizzle

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is a video of the day, unfortunately I missed several of the runs but we all had some decent vids.

joshuae2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice videos hukdizzle, did you get any head cam videos? I guess mine wasn't working, when i got home and hooked it to the computer there was nothing on it. I wish i could have stayed for the side match looks like you guys had a blast.

hukdizzle

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice videos hukdizzle, did you get any head cam videos? I guess mine wasn't working, when i got home and hooked it to the computer there was nothing on it. I wish i could have stayed for the side match looks like you guys had a blast.

Thanks man, yeah I got some but they weren't anything special and showed me flubbing a bunch of reloads and not counting my rounds properly so I didn't bother editing them and uploading them lol. Gonna take me a match or two to shake off the rust for sure. That sucks to hear about your camera man, hopefully it works out for you next match.

Top Bottom