• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean, I'll do all the cleaning and will process anything ya kill for ya, no worries. I use a 80/20 mix, you'll barely taste the Alpo.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL on the Alpo.

I had to look up Charcuterie as well. Hell, anything that concerns bacon and sausage I would be interested in.
    I would be interested in the "prepper" stuff just for learning how to preserve meat and such.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No worries Sean. I haven't hunted since I was a kid and went out to bag squirrels. My neighbor introduced me to hog hunting and ,if I can ever get free time, he's gonna take me deer hunting. Laurie won't eat wild meat if you can believe that! So, we'll have to cook it up and enjoy a manly man weekend of roast pig, venison, Corona and balsa wood therapy.
    Maybe, if I can get several pigs and a deer next time, we can even throw a Book Club party at the airport?
    I'll even introduce you to that wonderful concoction known as Crown & Coke! Hmm, that sounds pretty good. Think I'll have one now.

Ps- cleaning a pig is just like cleaning a squirrel, only bigger.. And they usually have more legs than a fish.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ok, about to show my lack of education here but had to do a Wiki search for the term Charcuterie. Sounds really interesting. I'm wide open to trying anything edible and enjoy cooking and food prep.

Another confession here: Please don't laugh. I'll really have to start at the basics because I'm not a hunter. I don't mean I have anything at all against hunting, it's just that the opportunities never really presented themselves in my life. My father didn't hunt and I never seemed to have good friends that hunted either. Just not anything that ever crossed my path, and I sure ain't gonna go with zero knowledge. My next door neighbor hunts every second he can and belongs to a large club. I've been wanting to breech the subject with him and see if he might be open to introducing a newbie. I've been around the firearm end of things most of my life and average about once a week at the range so I don't believe I'd do anything stupid. LOL Sure as hell probably should start learning some skills just in case I ever need them.

I tell that because getting involved in the Charcuterie club I'd have to obtain the meat the regular way.

I've also been interested (another thing not pursued) in preservation and non-traditional ways of preparing fish and seafood.

Yep, I'd be interested in it. I also was thinking that at some point after the hectic holiday season we could all at least have a meet somewhere.

No problem, doesn't your neighborhood have cats and dogs in it...go hunting there! They will never know at the cook-off...lol

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can't do dogs and cats. Well, maybe nail a cat.

What we do have in abundance at work is coyotes. I've already been scolded on the "other" forum for not dropping them. I plan to next time the opportunity presents itself but I'm gonna need a clean shot and a good backstop. Too many expensive toys to risk a miss. Won't be dressing those suckers out though. Mr. RC100 and I will dig them a nice deep hole.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got it good here. No digging. I can shoot a possum raiding my trash and throw the carcass down by the pond. In 24 hrs. the buzzards have cleaned it up. Just bones and maybe a few fur balls is all that's left.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just finished the book and wow, what an awesome read! Good choice Clay looking forward to the next suggestion!!

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just finished the book and wow, what an awesome read! Good choice Clay looking forward to the next suggestion!!

Glad ya liked it man and happy to see ya reading again, it's a hell of a lot fun if ya have good books.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive also heard good things about the book "Lights Out" if you want to stay along the lines of a fiction survivalist type read.. Just throwing it out there..

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://www.flavorwire.com/315584/the-10-best-end-of-the-world-novels#1

Found this during a Google search. List of 10 best "End of World" novels. Just a suggestion.

On the Beach is one I've never read but always planned to.

The Stand: Read it 30 years ago. Got burned out on Stephen King 25 years ago but this one is probably his best. It is epic in it's own way.

World War Z: Almost grabbed it when I saw it o a shelf several months back. I know the zombie subject is way overplayed but this one seems to get a lot of recommendations.

The Margaret Atwood selections sound interesting. Same scenarios in both but written from two different perspectives.

Didn't know Mary Shelley had written an EOW novel.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    check out a book called Patriot too,

http://www.amazon.com/Patriots-Surviving-James-Wesley-Rawles/dp/156975599X

America faces a full-scale socioeconomic collapse—the stock market plummets, hyperinflation cripples commerce and the mounting crisis passes the tipping point. Practically overnight, the fragile chains of supply and high-technology infrastructure fall, and wholesale rioting and looting grip every major city.

As hordes of refugees and looters pour out of the cities, a small group of friends living in the Midwest desperately tries to make their way to a safe-haven ranch in northern Idaho. The journey requires all their skill and training since communication, commerce, transportation and law enforcement have all disappeared. Once at the ranch, the group fends off vicious attacks from outsiders and then looks to join other groups that are trying to restore true Constitutional law to the country.

Patriots is a thrilling narrative depicting fictional characters using authentic survivalist techniques to endure the collapse of the American civilization. Reading this compelling, fast-paced novel could one day mean the difference between life and death.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    America faces a full-scale socioeconomic collapse—the stock market plummets, hyperinflation cripples commerce and the mounting crisis passes the tipping point.

That sounds good and it's more like what I envision happening. Not to start anything political but I think the election proved that we are past the tipping point.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I finished it yesterday. Question. They live in the mountains where r the ATV's at?? And man I been dreaming about what Johns new blonde look like??? Need pics...

Top Bottom