• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OTTE*DA*WORM

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am wanting to know how I can hunt on Eglin property. Where I work, the property borders with Eglin, but it looks like a really good place to hunt. How can I get permission, or what ever I need, so I can hunt on the property? Any help would be great. O*D*W

D_Shane

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Need to get a hunting permit from Jackson Guard in Niceville. Be aware, missions on Eglin will shut down hunting areas routinely on parts of Eglin, so depending on where you are planning on hunting, you may not get to go as often as you want.

OTTE*DA*WORM

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you know how much this permit is? Also, is there a map I can get that will show me what areas are huntable? Sorry for all the questions. The area I want to try and hunt is around Crestview, but there are signs posted that it is Eglin Property.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you know how much this permit is? Also, is there a map I can get that will show me what areas are huntable? Sorry for all the questions. The area I want to try and hunt is around Crestview, but there are signs posted that it is Eglin Property.

Got to go to the Jackson Guard on Hwy 85 to get the permit and the map. THere is an online map showing daily closures and openings as well.

http://jg.eglinforcesupport.com/#

Permit to hunt is $55. But it's yearly and they don't start selling them till Oct 1. So if you went and bought one right now, it's only good till the end of Sept. You can buy a cheaper rec permit till then though. But you have to have some kind of permit to step foot on the land. You have to sit through a small video and get a map at Jackson Guard to get a permit. They take cash or check only too.

OTTE*DA*WORM

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you for the information. I plan on trying a variety of different places to hunt this year. Is the hunting on Eglin pretty descent?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May I please bump this thread for the people that are interested in hunting the Eglin WMA.
    I hunted it for some years but also have not hunted it regularly in a few years now.
    I will try to help the people that are interested in hunting Eglin. I even have some older maps and GPS coordinates that I will give to the serious hunters.
    Alot of your potential questions can be answered by giving Jackson Guard a call or dropping by. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Some years ago,Jackson Guard did not start selling them until just before deer season but they were good for a year.
    Remember also,like all WMA's,you cannot hunt hogs all year long.
    Also,there is HEAVY hog trapping going on inside Eglin. This is just one reason that I stopped hunting Eglin. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Where I work, the property borders with Eglin

This was a long time ago but I remember hunting on Eglin and you had to check in and give them your drivers lic. Are they still doing this? Probably can't just enter the property from anywhere and hunt...

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You only have to check in and out of certain areas, there are a lot of areas where you can just drive into and hunt. Like has already been stated, go to Jackson Guard and get the license and they'll give you a map that has all the information concerning regulations and what areas require you to check in and out.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    No DL unless they ask for Eglin permit which does not have your ID info on it. Can just drive in and hunt just as long as you do not get caught. RR211 is open at both ends as is some the other rds off of 85,87,and 285.
    WARNING: Do not get caught in there without the proper ID and permits !! There are federal wardens,state wardens,and I have encountered both platoon and fire team strength camo'ed up military personel that ask for ID. They seem to come from nowhere,are somewhat blunt,and people that you most likely do not want to say "who the fuck are you" to.
    After you put your ID back in your pocket and look up . . . they are gone. Alot of special forces operators train on Eglin. Army,Navy,Marine Corps,and Air Force. Part of their training is hunting men. They WILL use you as a practice subject. They will use your kids and grandkids as a recruiting tool.
    After hunting hours the helo's with thermal come out to train,during the daylight hours you hear the drones overhead. Those guys need practice also. Everyone is talking to everyone.
    Carry the number to FWC and the other emergency numbers listed on your map. If you anticipate being out after shooting hours looking for a wounded animal or a hunting buddy . . . call . . . everybody.
    There is alot of big deer in the restricted area's. Hogs too. Forget it. Don't get caught in there.
    Remember that this is a FEDERAL RESERVATION.
    Good luck hunting Eglin. --- SAWMAN

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What Sawman says is the truth! I haven't hunted out there in a few years but my boys and I have been out their fishing in the past year and they'll find you for sure! We were on Rattlesnake Bluff road heading East and a FWC Patrol was heading West. We past each other without incident and we traveled along for a while and then turned down a road to check on a fishing spot. On the way back out to the main road the FWC officer was waiting for us and checked our fishing permits. He was actually pretty nice, showed us the Avenza Maps app that we could pull the range up on our phone to help us navigate around unfamiliar parts of the range without having to pull the big fold out map out all the time. Download the Avenza Maps app and search for Eglin, it's pretty cool, will track your movement.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am wanting to know how I can hunt on Eglin property. Where I work, the property borders with Eglin, but it looks like a really good place to hunt. How can I get permission, or what ever I need, so I can hunt on the property? Any help would be great. O*D*W

You can take care of it all online without going out to Jackson Guard: Click here to access iSportsman.

You must create an iSportsman account. If you register for iSportsman at another base or WMA you don't need to re-register. You can log in using the credentials from that account.

After creating your account you will need to watch:
    A. the Range Safety video to secure any Eglin reservation permit.
    B. the Beach video to secure the Eglin Public Beach permit.

Once the appropriate video has been watched, you will need to successfully pass a short three question quiz.

After successful completion of the quiz you will be able to view and select the Eglin permit you need.

Please respect range and road closures. It’s incredibly disruptive and expensive when someone does not, and we have to orbit an aircraft with live weapons while security goes out and rounds them up. Plus, you could get killed. In addition to the fact that many of these carry live warheads, tests don’t always go as planned. The safety footprint is there to allow for this, and keep YOU safe; do help us accomplish this. I do enough paperwork as it is.

dchris0106

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can take care of it all online without going out to Jackson Guard: Click here to access iSportsman.

You must create an iSportsman account. If you register for iSportsman at another base or WMA you don't need to re-register. You can log in using the credentials from that account.

After creating your account you will need to watch:
    A. the Range Safety video to secure any Eglin reservation permit.
    B. the Beach video to secure the Eglin Public Beach permit.

Once the appropriate video has been watched, you will need to successfully pass a short three question quiz.

After successful completion of the quiz you will be able to view and select the Eglin permit you need.

Please respect range and road closures. It’s incredibly disruptive and expensive when someone does not, and we have to orbit an aircraft with live weapons while security goes out and rounds them up. Plus, you could get killed. In addition to the fact that many of these carry live warheads, tests don’t always go as planned. The safety footprint is there to allow for this, and keep YOU safe; do help us accomplish this. I do enough paperwork as it is.
    What he said. Go to https://eglin.isportsman.net/ check the PAM before going into any area of Eglin. The PAM gets updated daily for all.yge missions and testing being done. Watch the video to get the permit to access the res.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom