• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought those were mine until I remembered I have 'em in the pawn shop right now.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What are the issues with the house, and why weren't the sellers aware of them (or were they)?

The deal on the house fell through tonight, so now I don't mind talking about what was going on. The house was plumbed with Polybutylene pipes. I didn't know anything about them until the inspector mentioned them and told me to do some research. From what I read, there are known issues with that type of pipe and it will sometimes deteriorate from the inside out, leading to spontaneous failure and massive leaks. My insurance agent told me he could fine someone to write a policy that covered them, but our premiums and deductible would be much higher than if the house didn't have poly pipes. We weren't willing to foot the bill to replace them and the sellers weren't either, so the deal fell through.

There were some other smaller issues that needed to be repaired as well, but the pipes were the most significant issue.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sorry you lost it but I had those pipe issues in a condo and it can be a mess. If the house is on a slab that means all the new plumbing is gonna be in the attic and walls, I would not want that either. That is one of the reasons we looked for a newer home

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sorry you lost it but I had those pipe issues in a condo and it can be a mess. If the house is on a slab that means all the new plumbing is gonna be in the attic and walls, I would not want that either. That is one of the reasons we looked for a newer home

I don't think it would have been a huge issue to replace them, since a plumber would most likely just cut them off at the walls and pull PEX. I believe it's only the supply lines that were poly. But it still wouldn't have been easy or cheap. I would imagine it could cost between $10-20K, depending on what other issues may be uncovered in the process.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A good friend of mine lived over in Edgewood in Daphne, their whole subdivision was plumbed with a certain type of pipe as well ( possibly the same type but not positive) and a large number of the houses were having to have all their plumbing replaced as well. They weren't big houses and from what he heard from the neighborhood was that it was costing most of them around 12k to get it fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I don't think it would have been a huge issue to replace them, since a plumber would most likely just cut them off at the walls and pull PEX. I believe it's only the supply lines that were poly. But it still wouldn't have been easy or cheap. I would imagine it could cost between $10-20K, depending on what other issues may be uncovered in the process.

beware of chinese pvc pipe...well known for problems

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I let a house go due to chinese sheetrock that all had to be replaced ($50K), heck of a deal on the home over by JJ

We looked at a house that had been completely renovated after having all of the chinese drywall replaced. I don't even want to know what they spent to have it done.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It is Sawman's Birthday today, fill up his mailbox! Still cannot believe people live to that age, but anyway Happy Birthday SAWMAN
    For his birthday someone needs to buy the Ruger 6.8...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If a single pimple happened to appear on that ass . . . i'd squeeze it with my teeth.
    BTW . . . the birthdate date is bogus. I wont be 65 until September. The same month that jj will oficially be as old as dirt. ---- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom