• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I remember correctly, Alabama chose to have only one provider, therefore there is no competition. Somehow it related to not accepting Federal money for Medicaid expansion, but I don't know all the details. That left Blue Cross/Blue Shield as the only provider.

I don't know all the details either. But no. http://obamacare-guide.org/alabama
    But what ends up happening is all of them have to outbid the others for upfront cost to the customer. Therefore leading to a decrease in the actual benefits provided. I forget the actual numbers, but BC/BS of AL lost a shitload of $$ after Obamacare came out trying to become the least expensive provider. The reason they do this, is because once they can undercut the competition and eventually drive them out, they can become the only provider and then raise the cost. But so far...all have lost. The insurance companies and customers.

fyyff.jpg

https://www.heritage.org/health-car...care-choices-and-premiums-whats-going-alabama

Oh and are we still talking about ass washers? Who knew a bunch of gun-totin' rednecks from the South would be using bidets. WTF is this world coming to?

Attachments

• fyyff.jpg
      fyyff.jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 192

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just now flipping through the channels and landed on the Democratic Primary Debate for FL Governor. Heard one dude saying something about a Bullet Tax because "for years the NRA has flooded our communities with guns and ammunition". WTF? I've been a longtime NRA member and they've yet to send me my "NRA guns and ammunition". All I got was a lousy hat.:confused:

And Gwen said one of her first orders of business as Governor would be to sign an executive order outlawing "assault rifles" in Florida.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just now flipping through the channels and landed on the Democratic Primary Debate for FL Governor. Heard one dude saying something about a Bullet Tax because "for years the NRA has flooded our communities with guns and ammunition". WTF? I've been a longtime NRA member and they've yet to send me my "NRA guns and ammunition". All I got was a lousy hat.:confused:

And Gwen said one of her first orders of business as Governor would be to sign an executive order outlawing "assault rifles" in Florida.

never been to a nra gun store before either...

the dems are as desperate for cash, as they are for votes...wash state tried that, tax per round...

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Asking for prayers for my half-sister Sandy Haugen, she’s fighting the big C and is not doing very good. Chemo has her down and she can use all the prayers she can get. She’s my fathers daughter from his first wife and lives in Medford,Or.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending prayers for Sandy.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well just over an hour to go and my weekend starts, wonder how much trouble I can get into before the wife gets out of work at 2:30! TGIF!

Attachments

• TGIF.jpg
      TGIF.jpg
      21.2 KB · Views: 131

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know all the details either. But no. http://obamacare-guide.org/alabama
    But what ends up happening is all of them have to outbid the others for upfront cost to the customer. Therefore leading to a decrease in the actual benefits provided. I forget the actual numbers, but BC/BS of AL lost a shitload of $$ after Obamacare came out trying to become the least expensive provider. The reason they do this, is because once they can undercut the competition and eventually drive them out, they can become the only provider and then raise the cost. But so far...all have lost. The insurance companies and customers.

View attachment 66364

https://www.heritage.org/health-car...care-choices-and-premiums-whats-going-alabama

Oh and are we still talking about ass washers? Who knew a bunch of gun-totin' rednecks from the South would be using bidets. WTF is this world coming to?

I'm certainly no authority on the subject, but I found this. Lots of information there and I just skimmed over it. Maybe there is something in here that will address your concerns.

https://ballotpedia.org/Effect_of_the_Affordable_Care_Act_in_Alabama

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    WASHINGTON — A highly decorated soldier from the Army’s elite Delta Force died last month after a free-fall parachute training accident the military did not make public.
    Sgt. Maj. Christopher Nelms, 46, died July 1 from injuries sustained when his parachute failed to fully open during a June 27 jump at Laurinburg-Maxton Airport, N.C., about 40 miles southwest of Delta’s home post of Fort Bragg, N.C. “He was fighting it the whole way down,” said a former Delta Force officer familiar with the accident.

Nelms was twice awarded the Silver Star, the military’s third-highest award for valor, during a 28-year Army career that he began as an infantryman before moving to the Army National Guard’s 19th Special Forces Group. He returned to active duty in 2008 and was selected for Delta, with whom he deployed six times to Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    taken from facebook…

Most folks know that I despised Hillary, but was somewhat dismayed that the alternative was Trump. Trump for me was the lesser of two evils, but that’s water un...der the bridge. I stumbled into this article about a Gold Star Mom, and figured I’d share.

Billy and Karen Vaughn are the parents of fallen Navy SEAL, Aaron Carson Vaughn (SEAL Team VI). On August 6, 2011 Aaron was killed in action in the Tangi River Valley of Afghanistan when a chopper (call sign Extortion 17) carrying thirty Americans was shot from the sky. Let me tell you, when a Gold Star Mom speaks, people listen. These moms have endured unimaginable loss and have earned the right to a bully pulpit. They are not some fawned over TV show host or starlet. GSMs are the stuff that made America truly great, raising kids who understand the meaning of “the last full measure of devotion.”

Here are her words:

God uses the no-nonsense, salty sailor to get the job done. Appreciating what the man is doing doesn’t mean we worship the salty sailor or even desire to be like the salty sailor. It doesn’t even mean God admires the salty sailor. Maybe He just knows he’s necessary for such a time as this.

I believe with all my heart that God placed that salty sailor in the White House and gave this nation one more chance in November 2016. Donald Trump is what he is. He is still the man he was before the election. And without guilt, I very much admire what that salty sailor is accomplishing.
    He’s not like me. That’s okay with me. I don’t want to be like him. I will never behave like him.

I know we’ve NEVER had a man like him lead our nation. It’s crazy and a little mind blowing at times. But I can’t help admire the ability he has to act with his heart rather than a calculated, PC, think tank-screened, carefully edited script. I still believe that is WHY he became our President and WHY he’s been able to handle a landslide of adversity and STILL pass unprecedented amounts of good legislation for our country AND do great works for MANY other nations, including Israel.

I’m THRILLED with what he’s doing for my nation, for the cause of Christ (whether intentional or unintentional, doesn’t matter to me), and for the concept of rebuilding America and putting her FIRST. I will not be ashamed of my position because others don’t see him through the same lens.
    Should it matter to me if a fireman drops an f-bomb while he’s pulling me from a burning building? Would I really care about what came out of his mouth in those moments?

Heck no! I’d CARE about what he was DOING. He wasn’t sent there to save my soul and I’m not looking to him for spiritual guidance. All I’m thinking in those moments is, “Thank you, Jesus, for sending the fireman.”

This man is crass. Okay. He’s not careful with what he says. Okay. You feel offended that he’s not a typical statesman. Okay. But he is rebuilding the nation my son died for…the nation I feared was on a fast track to becoming a hopeless cause. Forgive me if I’m smiling.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I bought a new riding mower a little over a week ago from Home Depot and it had a pretty significant pulsing vibration when I engaged the blades (only found this out after I got home, connected the battery, gassed it up and went to cut the grass). The more I thought about it over the week, the more I decided I couldn't live with it. I called Home Depot on Friday afternoon and was told that it sounded like a warranty issue and I would have to contact the local Cub Cadet warranty service center for them to come out and look at it and diagnose the problem. They gave me the number for Robertsdale Outdoor Equipment and when I finally got them on the phone, they told me that I would have to bring the mower to them and that they were at least 2.5 weeks out on any work. Obviously, this wasn't acceptable to me, so I called Home Depot back. The guy working the service desk told me he would get in touch with his manager and give me a call back. I never heard anything back from them on Friday, so I loaded up the mower and took it back to Home Depot on Saturday morning. I was expecting a big hassle and having to threaten to dispute the charges on my card for them to actually take it back, but they were surprisingly helpful and swapped my mower with a new one with no hassle whatsoever. I usually prefer Lowes to Home Depot (and I still do), but I was pleasantly surprised at how easily the transaction was handled. The new mower is great (except for the blade height measurement not quite matching up to the adjustment lever) and runs much smoother than the other one.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Glad it worked out for you. I, too, prefer Lowes over HD, if for no other reason, their general store presentation and condition.

I have driven right by HD to get to Lowes no less than 10 times since I bought the new house, but this time HD was the only one locally that carried the mower I wanted.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a 52",3 blade,Cub Cadet. Just went over 25hrs. LOVE IT !! ---- SAWMAN

Top Bottom