• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am trying to figure out how to use a stud finder to hang some shelving, I am NOT a carpenter

Some battery powered stud finders also alert on hot electrical wiring in the wall, should be different symbols or that. Stud signals may show up as a bar graph with mor bars when over stud and fade as you move away. You should be able to locate both edges of the stud.
    It ma also have seperate setting for deep scan too.

Cheap magnet type flop around until you slide over an existing nail or sheetrock screw, then it will steady and point to metal below the surface. This gets you as close as the last guy that drove the fastener.

You can youtube both types

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Take a tape measure, start in a corner and measure. Stud centers will be 18.5 inches from each other starting from the corner. The first from the corner will be 16.5 inches (.5 inch for the dry wall and .75 to the center of the corner stud).

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well if you have a bad cold and it lingers for more than 3 0r 4 days and gets into your lungs (wheezing when you breath) go see the doctor! My cold from last weekend seemed to be getting better but then this morning I had wheezing when taking deep breaths, turns out Bronchitis had settled in. A steroid shot and antibiotic shot and sent home from work for 2 days. He said it was a good thing I had my flu shot. Take care everybody, being sick sucks. Hopefully with the 2 shots and the start of my oral steroids tonight I'll feel better tomorrow and can get some minor things done in the garage but still plan to take it easy so I can heal up completely.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Had a Dr’s appointment today and the head nurse was spraying disinfectant down the hallway when I got there. She called me back before I could sit down and told me to use the hand disinfectant they had in the exam room and at the counter on my way. She said that she hadn’t caught it yet but it had her worried with it being so bad and the shot not working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My kids have been on and off sick for the last few weeks. It always seems one of them is getting over it and the other starts. Son was pretty bad yesterday, luckily Fridays are optional at my job so he gets to lay around the house all day instead of the babysitters or my wife taking work off.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    TGIF! Slept late this morning letting the antibiotics do their work and feel much better than I did last Friday, glad I went to the doctor or I might have had a another crappy weekend. Taking it easy at the house today as the doctor advised but I'm think I need to get back into Golf this Spring!

Attachments

• TGIF.jpg
      TGIF.jpg
      124.1 KB · Views: 91

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My kids have been on and off sick for the last few weeks. It always seems one of them is getting over it and the other starts. Son was pretty bad yesterday, luckily Fridays are optional at my job so he gets to lay around the house all day instead of the babysitters or my wife taking work off.

Other than sick kids how's the winter been up there? Still glad y'all moved back?

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The winter has been really warm this year. We have only had significant snowfalls like 3 times, right now there is no more than little patches where the sun doesn't hit here and there. Which sucks because I really wanted to go play in the snow with my 4runner in the mountains.

We have been enjoying our life here for the most part, we are still sticking it out in my in laws house trying to save up for a larger down payment on a house this spring or summer, so none of us really feel like this is home for us yet since we don't have a place of our own. But that will change in due time for sure.
    We miss a ton about Alabama, we loved our lives down there and will love it here too eventually when we get our own space to settle in.

Top Bottom