• Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Awesome, I have a brother who lives in Utah near Salt Lake City and told him when I turn 50 in a little over a year he should get me a hunt out West near where he lives! He's 9 years younger than me so I have time to make it up to him, now I have to wait and see if he comes through!

One more question, what was the bullet and rifle you dropped him with? I'm always curious on what people are using on the larger game out West!
    I shot with a Ruger American Predator in 6.5Creedmor with Hornady Precision Hunter 143gr factory ammo.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Some pics from my "work vacation"...
    Pictures do not do this place justice, it is a disaster. I've worked quite a few storm restorations and this is by far the worst. Please continue to pray for and/or help those you know in this area. It will never look the same.
    1e5e42d1585b88afd2032db71e59139b.jpg
    5705cada7f27aab4cd68b72d015628ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all you're doing down there JW. I know everybody down there appreciates it. I've been doing Fuel and water and food resupply runs for friends and family they're all impressed with how fast you guys are moving.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks for all you're doing down there JW. I know everybody down there appreciates it. I've been doing Fuel and water and food resupply runs for friends and family they're all impressed with how fast you guys are moving.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. It's been an eventful week, hopefully over the weekend we'll have a good portion of the city area back on. All the crews from out of town are now in this area. With that said, as power starts being restored that's when things get interesting...

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This morning TWC was talking about the power coming back on saying they are quickly starting to bring power back on in some of the harder hit areas. They did warn people to stay away from down power lines as lines that previous weren't live may come back on while the power companies bring areas back online.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My nephew is in PC with some of the guys he works with and their owner boss’s from Dixie RV. They’re cooking and serving hot meals for free. They gave out 2200+ meals just today. Dixie RV is paying all there crew and providing them with RV’s to sleep in. My nephew told me a tv news crew wanted to interview them and the owners told them no they weren’t there for publicity they were just there to get hot meals to the people

Edit to add they’ve been over there for a few days but today is the first time I heard from him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    neighbors pulling together, sharing food, cooking together, can re-establish, and in many cases, form new bonds, we take too much for granted manytimes…

when you break bread with another, you become more than friends

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went elk hunting yesterday. It was my first time hunting period. Planned on being out until Thursday. Got up to the ridge at about 7am. Had 2 bulls down by 10. It was pretty awesome. Great experience. It was real fun up until it was time to get it down the mountain.
    1c709d1c647172a810b0883beac82d97.jpg

Glad to see your success. A lot of first timers don't fare as well.
    $660 For nonresident Idaho Lic and Elk Tag: got to scout a bit before Hurricane Michael canx my hunt plans. Trip not a total loss, saw my Son and Family and missed M landfall.

Last edited:

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went elk hunting yesterday. It was my first time hunting period. Planned on being out until Thursday. Got up to the ridge at about 7am. Had 2 bulls down by 10. It was pretty awesome. Great experience. It was real fun up until it was time to get it down the mountain.
    1c709d1c647172a810b0883beac82d97.jpg

You did "GOOD"

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Glad to back home and using my own bathroom and shower and stuff. Panama city will be in restoration for years to come...

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have seen it many times in my life. Grew up in Gulfport Ms and the first one I remember was Camille. This one was pretty rough here in SW GA. Thanks for your hard work!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad to back home and using my own bathroom and shower and stuff. Panama city will be in restoration for years to come...

Glad your home safe. Thank you for all you have done over this way.

I read three Lineman were hit/killed by a vehicle (driver took off on foot, caught, denied bail). Danger above, danger below.

Last edited:

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I just wanted to say thank you man. My son was born in PC. Worked at Tyndall and we lived in PC, MB, and SJB, and I plan to retire a little farther up the forgotten coast hwy. The houses we lived in (one on 27th St in MB right off the water, and one on Balboa St in SJB two blocks off the water) were wiped off the map. One of my friends who still lives there (catty corner from Toucans) lost everything and my other friend who still lives there (back by Rustic Sands) got lucky and only had minor damage. Another friend who lives in Wewa had no damage but now has no job since she worked at Sharon's Cafe in MB. We had them all at our house for awhile. Do you know if Carabelle was smashed?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Don't know about Carrabelle. Most of our work was done up/down 77 in the city to get Bay Medical back on and other utilities like lift stations and radio towers. We worked mostly between hwy 231 and 15th but a few days in the Cove area, which was pretty much destroyed. I was amazed at the size of the the pine trees in that area, it has been quite some time since a storm has hit that area judging by the old tree growth.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wow I hadnt thought about the Cove. We lived there when I worked at the NSWC. Two block from the Yacht Club. Thanks for the updates

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Wow I hadnt thought about the Cove. We lived there when I worked at the NSWC. Two block from the Yacht Club. Thanks for the updates
    The Yacht club faired pretty well considering, the yachts not so much.

Top Bottom