• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had direct tv come out and change out my dish and remount it in different location. Kept having it lose alignment so tech mounted it in a more secure location. Also changed the dish out with a more modern one since the one we had was extremely old school according to him. Hopefully we are good to go for awhile.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm so sick of packing boxes, and we're probably not even half-way done with our house. Got 2 different moving companies coming tomorrow to give us detailed estimates. Supposed to close on the new house next week and hope to be at least mostly moved by June 17th.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's definitely not fun. And my wife is taking 6 classes this summer to finish up her Master's degree, so she's been working her tail off on school stuff, then packing whenever she takes a break. We originally planned on moving everything ourselves, but the more we packed, the more we realized that it was just going to take too much time.

And once we move out, we've got to do a few cosmetic things to our house to fix it up before we put it on the market. So the work won't stop after the move, unfortunately.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We moved about 10yrs ago and I hated it even though we only moved about 150yrds from where we were before. Pack this, box that. Did the move ourselves with help from my brother and nephew using flat bed trailers. Kind of wishing I would have stayed at the old location instead of where we are now. Hindsight.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm so sick of packing boxes, and we're probably not even half-way done with our house. Got 2 different moving companies coming tomorrow to give us detailed estimates. Supposed to close on the new house next week and hope to be at least mostly moved by June 17th.
    Azalea city movers moved me from Mobile to Daphne about six years ago. They were fantastic. Fast and efficient. Loaded up two peoples stuff, drove to Daphne and unloaded in about 2 1/2 hrs. That included assembling my bed.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Azalea city movers moved me from Mobile to Daphne about six years ago. They were fantastic. Fast and efficient. Loaded up two peoples stuff, drove to Daphne and unloaded in about 2 1/2 hrs. That included assembling my bed.

I'll look into them, if I can get them out to the house pretty quickly. Time is starting to get short and a lot of pieces have to fall into place in the next few days.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I moved about 14 years ago from a house I'd lived in for 27 years . I gave away about a third of my stuff at that time. Fast foward to now, I've still got about 14 boxes of stuff that has never been unpacked. I guess I don't need it, but I'm unwilling to throw or give it away. When I go looking for something in those boxes I always find things I forgot I had. Thats almost like getting new things for free ! :thumb:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I probably average about 2 phone calls a day, normally. One or both being my wife. Yesterday I was on the phone 34 times, and that doesn't count the missed calls and voicemails I got. Between yesterday and today, I've spent over 4 hours on the phone dealing with just TV/internet/power/water for the new house. I think I've finally got everything arranged and it's a good thing, because my brain is fried.

Top Bottom