• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I spent most of Sunday outside and in my garage, packing up tools and all the other random stuff, then I spent all yesterday evening emptying out the attic and putting everything into the garage. My whole body is sore today.

My last move wasn't nearly this difficult.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Once my job situation becomes more permanent we're going to move one last time and I'm definitely not looking forward to it. I think we have devised a plan that will help things go more smoothly. First I have to fix some things around the house that need to be fixed before it goes on the market. Since we have a lot of older furniture we'll most likely sell a lot of it before we move into a furnished apartment\condo. Once in the furnished apartment\condo we'll be able to decide on buying a house currently on the market or building again. This doesn't mean we won't find the right house to move directly into but having the plan to move into a furnished apartment\condo serves as a good backup for when you don't find exactly what you're looking for right away. Since we don't plan to ever move again we have to get this right the first time.

So Jeep when is the big move or are you just moving slowly since you haven't sold the old house yet?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well the fever must be spreading thru the forum. As of Sunday, out house went under contract and we've begun the process of paperwork on a newer house. Everything has gone pretty seamless so far, our realtor is a good one though. ;)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm looking in the Freeport area, time to get out of the "big" city.

If that's the case, it would be good to move sooner rather than later because with the widening of US-331 to four lanes from I-10 to US-98 now completed, property values are about to explode.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know, that is why we're looking now and trying to get all our ducks lined up ahead of time so when I do solidify my job situation we're ready to pull the plug. I'll be sweating my ass off getting the house and yard into top shape so we can put our house on the market. My thought is we can sell the house, pay off some bills and put some money in savings with the equity. Then we'll be renting and will be more ready to buy or build when the time comes. We're going back to the Freeport area this Saturday and meeting up with a realtor or two to show us more of the Hammock Bay and Marina Village areas. We went this past Sunday to see some houses on the Parade of Homes and liked it so much we're going back this Saturday!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Once my job situation becomes more permanent we're going to move one last time and I'm definitely not looking forward to it. I think we have devised a plan that will help things go more smoothly. First I have to fix some things around the house that need to be fixed before it goes on the market. Since we have a lot of older furniture we'll most likely sell a lot of it before we move into a furnished apartment\condo. Once in the furnished apartment\condo we'll be able to decide on buying a house currently on the market or building again. This doesn't mean we won't find the right house to move directly into but having the plan to move into a furnished apartment\condo serves as a good backup for when you don't find exactly what you're looking for right away. Since we don't plan to ever move again we have to get this right the first time.

So Jeep when is the big move or are you just moving slowly since you haven't sold the old house yet?
    We're supposed to close on Thursday, but we keep hitting roadblocks due to bad info and people not doing their job correctly. Hopefully we can sort everything out in time. The movers are supposed to be at our house first thing Saturday morning and think it shouldn't take more than 7-8 hours to move everything out of our house and into the new one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All of you folks are deciding to move when it's hot as f*#* outside!!! I moved in November 2012, and paid ppl to do it. I had already gotten TV and internet set up before I moved. Started in the morning and by that afternoon I was sitting on the couch with a cold beer watching Bama vs. LSU. I don't think I even broke a sweat.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    All of you folks are deciding to move when it's hot as f*#* outside!!! I moved in November 2012, and paid ppl to do it. I had already gotten TV and internet set up before I moved. Started in the morning and by that afternoon I was sitting on the couch with a cold beer watching Bama vs. LSU. I don't think I even broke a sweat.

We tried to buy this house back in February. The sellers weren't nearly as negotiable then (within a week of being listed), as they were after the house sat on the market for 3 months.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We have hired movers to pack, store and move our house contents for 10 of our 16 moves. The first six moves we were young dumb and she was full of cum. To old to do this shit by ourselves.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Second move here this is my forever house. Dead end block. Bought the house from a lady that lived in it since it was built. The other neighbors lived on the block for 20+ years except for the people to the west that house is jinxed for some reason. I like it here, quite no traffic except those that live here, occasional idiots that can't read the dead end sign at the beginning of the road. This is a good place to live. Been here since 2010.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I forgot to mention that I lost my gun collection on each move due to tragic boat accidents.

the only group of worse boaters and bad judgement, are those who buy gold, silver, platinum, and palladium....they always take their stash with them, and lose it every time...

really now, did you need to take all 20 guns with you that day?

Top Bottom