• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fine question, few prospects. Glock "Skunk Works" is surely looking inside and outside the Box. I think Glock will offer another model "new to us, not a new chambering. That being the larger G25 .380 (15+1) in the U.S.. Not much competition in larger size .380 handguns. Glocks jump into 10mm, 40S&W, 45GAP and 357Sig was chasing hot LE Sales. But those users mostly follow the FBI choices, so its back full circle to the 9mm.

After 20 years, Ruger thinks there's profit in the 5.7×28 and put one out a pistol @ $800 MSRP to compete with the FN pistol with a $1400 MSRP. Odds are Glock already did some R&D with the caliber in the past. If Glock can produce 5.7s with a lower MSRP (and Street price) they may pull the rug out from under Ruger's feet. Rugers entry may also drive FN's 57 to lower prices too.

I don't think .22mag is a player unless initial offerings have a capacity equal to the PMR-30, a poor man's 5.7, Lol. The PMR also beats Glocks average(+-) street price window: $500ish. After market increase capacity mags still have to deal with the space allocated in the grip, and that can ba a waste of space and design efficiency.

The 5.7 and 22mag are also very long compaired to Glocks other offerings, which would take Glock out of its regimented linear comfort zone.
    The 22TCM and 22TCM 9R fit OAL better but capacity would not match the 5.7s. Glocks bottleneck pistol cartridge offerings have not been nearly as popular as more mainline cartridges. I don't think the TCMs have had great sales success either.

Glock seemed pretty happy with model changes until they jumped into single stack and small CC gun market. Folks have wanted a 22LR Glock for decades and it just now shows up but with a capacity standard from decades ago. Lol. When Glock lost (another) the Big military pistol contract, that opened production capacity that brought us the recent flow of "new stuff". I like Glock but real innovation doesn't surface frequently.

If we put all this together: the 5.7 is 20 year old load technology, propellant and projectile technology has significantly increased; we can only wait and see what falls out from those willing to go outside the Box.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    5G will take new expensive phones/ equipment and cost alot

5G might require you to upgrade your cell phone to use it but it is going to open up a new internet service for your home which will compete with Cox cable and other cable companies. In addition low orbit Satellites are going up and will also start competing for home internet service. Instead of just the cable companies we'll now have competition for our home internet and history shows that will lower cost. I'm not concerned about 5G for my phone, 4G is plenty good enough until I'm due to upgrade but the completion for home internet service is what I'm looking forward to. BTW, how about them Vikings on Sunday beating them Saints, SKOL Vikings!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It costs me $86 or less for high speed internet thru cox and I am betting it will be more at 5G so there is nothing there for me. As with satellite TV service, every rain storm disrupts it and the 5G antenna have to be low and close to you not like service today. It is doubtful enough antennas will be on the fringes of towns or close enough to do me any good in the next 5 year. Plus I am not buying a $1000 phone to get 5 G that is a guarantee. BUT keep dreaming and maybe it will happen in your life but probably not mine.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think it will be around sooner than you think, Verizon has already rolled it out in several big cities so no doubt it will make it to our area in the next year or two. They are in a race with the Satellite companies to get it rolled out and beat them to win the new subscribers ready to ditch cable. I'm already a Verizon customer and currently paying $93 a month for internet from Cox. If you're already a Verizon customer your bill for 5G internet will be $50 more a month and that includes all fees and taxes. That will save me $43 a month and eliminate one bill so looking forward to it. You can sign up on their website to be notified when it's in your area, doing that now! See below from Verizon's website about getting it.

Here's what's included when you order 5G Home Internet:
    • Free 5G internet service for the first 3 months*
    • Free equipment for the 5G internet service**
    • Free professional setup of the equipment and activation of the service***
    • Free YouTube TV™ subscription for 1 month****
    • Free Apple TV® 4K device (available in select cities only)
    When you order 5G Home Internet, you'll schedule a date and time for the professional setup. A technician will come to your home to make sure you have 5G coverage. If there's coverage, the technician will install the equipment and connect all your family's devices to the internet for you, all at no charge. See our 5G Home Internet Installation FAQs to learn more.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am out of the city limits and my phones are not 5G so not gonna waste my time as small cities like Crestview are last on the list. wishful thinking it will save $$ in the long run anyway, we shall see in a few years I guess

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Frank it doesn't matter if your phones are 5G, 5G Home Internet is a separate installation in your home to replace Cox Cable internet. Even if you have 4G phones they will still work on the old 4G wireless network which is separate from the 5G Home network. The math is simple for me, $50 more a month on my Verizon bill and I will get to eliminate the $93 Cox cable bill, I just wonder how long it will take to get rolled out to the smaller towns!

Question: Anybody in the bigger cities switched over to 5G yet? How are the speeds?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    After Michael tore panama city up they replaced the whole area with 5G(verizon), they were the first and small town to get it, maybe people there can help

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    if you get anything by satellite you will lose it in storms or sunspots, sometimes just rain, not very reliable

Latest posts

Top Bottom