• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    WELL . . . . . I think that it is really a shame that Frank or Bob didn't get a chance to help you out.
    I contacted oldcarver but I suspect that he didn't show up either.
    I would have came but I had a previously scheduled kidney transplant. --- SAWMAN

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This doesn't surprise me, I seldom answer a phone number I don't recognize. My home and cell numbers have been on the Do Not Call Registry for years and while I think it has helped, it doesn't stop the illegitimate telemarketers and scammers.

Today, more than half — 52% — of phone calls go unanswered, an analysis of 11 billion calls by caller ID and call blocker app Hiya found. This comes as 26.3 billion robocalls were made to American phones in 2018, up 46% from the previous year’s total of 18 billion, Hiya found.

YouMail, a competing spam call blocking app and digital voicemail box, put the number at a record-breaking 47.8 billion robocalls made in the U.S. in 2018, an increase of 56.8%...

Why more than half of Americans won’t answer the phone

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Same as Frank. I have effin Verizon also.
    My challenge is to see how long I can keep them on the phone with silly questions.
    Frank and I call each other just to practice. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What irritates me is that they spoof legitimate numbers, therefore I see Citronelle, Al or Milton, Fl on my caller I’d and I assume it’s an actual person. Yesterday I got a call trying to consolidate my student loans, I was in the middle of changing fuel filters and had to stop and remove my gloves, it’s just a pain when I’m in the middle of something. I can’t really ignore my phone either.
    Blocking doesn’t work, my dad blocked them for over a year, he gets way more than I do even now with thousands of blocked numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had Verizon since our first cell phone that was smaller than a shoe box. Lol

Don't be a slave to your phone, nothing requires you to answer it: view caller ID if convenient at the time. I just don't answer calls that don't come from people on my contact List. If its important, they will leave a voice mail. I never received a robo or scam voice mail message. You need to make sure your voice mail is not full or it will not record additional messages! IMHO, I believe when you answer these nuisance calls, you participate, identifying yourself as a live target.

I check all calls from unknown parties using the White pages reverse directory look up: it provides geo location source, Carrier and ball park safe/scam potential and how many times that number has been checked and Reported/commented on: sales, travel credit, bank scams. I also google the number for a Web search: is the number attached to a charity, valid business you deal with or common scams like ID cards/documents, puppy sales or too many offers for sale of everything under te Sun? Never return Calls as It can be switched through/to high cost access billing (your call, your dime). Scammers can also change to a Three Way call: adding additional charges to your phone bill. I Block those numbers.

If the number shows nothing adverse I still don't call them back. Could be a simple wrong number dialed. if its not important enough for them to leave a message: don't need to talk to them. I don't Block these, wrong number dialers figure it out quickly.

I am on the do not call list but I don't think that stops much.

Last edited:

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If I don’t know the number I don’t answer. If they leave a message I’ll listen and decide if I want to call back. It drives my wife crazy that I don’t answer every call

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Why do peanuts float in a regular coke and sink in a diet coke? Go ahead and try it.

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... but it’s only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie, but you’re ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

Why is “bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can’t he fix a hole in a boat?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

HOW DID THE MAN WHO MADE THE FIRST CLOCK, KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just to let anyone know that knew him (I know jj did), I just spoke to his wife, and GCGF member "Red" passed away last month.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I only met Red once and he seemed like a good guy. He was a dedicated soldier and a wealth of information was in most of his post. RIP

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just to let anyone know that knew him (I know jj did), I just spoke to his wife, and GCGF member "Red" passed away last month.
    Sorry to hear that Droshki. Thanks for letting us know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sorry to hear of his passing. He was a man of his word a good guy and a true patriot . He will be missed.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since more people knew him than I thought (and I forgot, yes Wayne, he's the one that told me that you were GTG):

It's not something that he told people, but when Art was younger, he survived leukemia. However, the bone marrow transplant left him with a compromised immune system. When he contracted a lung infection in December, his body was unable to fight it off.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My thoughts are with Reds family. All the best brother and God speed.

Top Bottom