• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now that you guys mention it, the brick does look nice. I like it!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I kind of get why online sales are killing local sales but my experience yesterday was just plain dumb. I go to the local Sears to buy an edger, the one I want is the 140cc heavy duty 4 wheel edger. They have it in the store priced at $299, with tax it would come to $316.94. Well I seemed to remember seeing it cheaper online at Sears' website, so I get back to work and take a look. Sure enough, online it's $288 but if you're a member you get another 10% off with the FIREWORK coupon code and shipping to the store is free. In the end I pay $275.59 for the edger, $41.35 less than I would have paid for it at the store. The kicker is it was the same company online and locally, too funny!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    severe thunderstorms due within 15 min to 45min, an hr for Pensacola, gulf breeze now over jay, century
    Already packing for a storm trip to Alabama. If the storm holds together we may just be working here though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Already packing for a storm trip to Alabama. If the storm holds together we may just be working here though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I happened to be in Bham tonight. Brother is getting married in Florence this weekend. I got in just as the storms were arriving. BAD straightline winds. I know there was a tornado in Cullman the other weekend. It may not rain as much up here, but when it storms it's usually pretty bad. It's said a lot here, but thank you for what you do. Especially going to other states. A lot of times, states have the "it's there problem, not mine" syndrome. But the linemen are always going where they're needed despite the state politics.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Molino calm now, winds and lightning, but not bad

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    By the time those storms reached the coast I heard one crack of thunder, it rained for about 10 minutes and accumulated to less than a 1/4 inch of rain, kind of disappointing after all the warnings blowing up my phone!

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been trying to get the defective airbags replaced in my truck, off & on for two years, but in earnest since February when the NHTSA listed my truck as a DO NOT DRIVE vehicle. Always get no-joy with replacements being in stock. They mail me notices of the same recall two or three times a month (along with emails, text messages, and automated phone calls).

In the mail today I got yet another letter from Ford and in a new twist this time they included with the letter a helpful descriptive flyer. I guess the shrapnel-shredded B27 target is supposed to represent me behind the wheel of their truck, nice. I know the issue stems from Takata's defective airbag initiators, but Ford hasn't exactly shined in getting replacements out to the dealerships.

11jvlv5.jpg

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Whoever came up with the airbag idea needs to be beat to death with a crowbar. I feel protected well enough with a seatbelt and shoulder harness. I see females with their feet up on the dash airbags. I've always wondered what will happen to their legs if the things deploy.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've been trying to get the defective airbags replaced in my truck, off & on for two years, but in earnest since February when the NHTSA listed my truck as a DO NOT DRIVE vehicle. Always get no-joy with replacements being in stock. They mail me notices of the same recall two or three times a month (along with emails, text messages, and automated phone calls).

In the mail today I got yet another letter from Ford and in a new twist this time they included with the letter a helpful descriptive flyer. I guess the shrapnel-shredded B27 target is supposed to represent me behind the wheel of their truck, nice. I know the issue stems from Takata's defective airbag initiators, but Ford hasn't exactly shined in getting replacements out to the dealerships.

11jvlv5.jpg

Look at it this way, if that is the way you go your estate will do very well

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I took our Honda in last week. Recal notice says its a 1 hour job. Dealer service says its a four hour job! So instead of waiting for it I drop it of and picick up later. Airbags replaced and given inspection with "Recommended Repairs": Air filter, cabin filter, trans fluid flush, brake fluid flush, coolant flush, brakes are beyond 50% life replace and resurface rotors, oil and filter, rotate tires,....... Estimated repairs $1500+! Dealer just fishing for suckers. Such bullshit, fix the recall, return the car.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look at it this way, if that is the way you go your estate will do very well

Yeah I've wondered about that too. However their notifications have stated they want to have my truck towed to the dealership and supply me with a rental car free of charge until the airbags are replaced. So between that offer and the plethora of warnings they've sent in various forms they have probably covered their asses legally. Of course, I'm no lawyer...

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Take there deal,but tell them ya have to have a truck and not a yugo cause ya fish for money every weekend. It should not take long to get fixed.

Top Bottom