• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Have something you would like to say, but don't want to start a new thread just to say it? Post up here!

I'll start.

I've only had my Lee Turrett press for a little over a month and already I can't even fathom how I reloaded handgun rounds on my old single stage. Even counting setup time and random powder weight and COAL checks every 10 rounds, I can load 100 rounds in 45 minutes now and it seems so much easier than before.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm pissed. I bought a set of scope rings from a well respected online retailer last week. I sat the bottom halves on my scope mount, sat my scope in the bottom halves and saw that I needed lower rings. I called the company and told them the truth this morning and they told me they wouldn't return them because they have been "mounted and used." I told the guy I hadn't tightened anything down, just sat them on the rail and sat my scope in them and there wasn't a mark on them. Didn't matter, he considers that mounted. Told me I could submit a trade-in appraisal form and I could trade them in for a reduced price. I told them to go screw themselves. I will never buy from them again.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd be pissed too, what size / height rings do you need? I have a set of medium height 1" burris XTR rings that I'm not using.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'd be pissed too, what size / height rings do you need? I have a set of medium height 1" burris XTR rings that I'm not using.

I'm actually looking very strongly at the Burris XTR rings, but I need the Low height. The ones I tried to return are TPS TSR Low, but apparently I need their Super Low size.

Got a for sale thread started if anyone wants the TPS rings....

Reactions: mee

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I love to bow hunt, but lately I've had no motivation to get out my bow and start practicing. I just want to spend time at my reloading bench or work on other firearms related projects.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Having spent a lot of time in the guns n ammo, I found it hard to get motivated into the bow. Bought a new target bag yesterday and threw some arrows at it. I'm getting the feeling again. Now for some cooler weather.
    What do you shoot Jeep?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Excalibur or Ten Point...heck I think PSE makes one that goes on a AR lower I think.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Choppersled

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first thing I realized when I first fired my cross bow was, damn the recoil goes the other direction!

Choppersled

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone here drive an ecoboost f150? My wife and I drove one this morning and were very impressed. Drove a 2014 Silverado afterwards but we are still sold on the Ford.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Having spent a lot of time in the guns n ammo, I found it hard to get motivated into the bow. Bought a new target bag yesterday and threw some arrows at it. I'm getting the feeling again. Now for some cooler weather.
    What do you shoot Jeep?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I shoot an APA Mamba M6.

I want to try a crossbow and probably buy one. I think I could really get into practicing with it.

I love practicing when I have a good place to do it. I moved back in with my parents for a little while right after I got out of college and their house is GREAT for bow shooting. I can walk out their back door and have a nice 70yd shot with trees and fields as a backstop. Their house is only about 10 minutes from mine, but it's a pain to load up all my stuff to go down there just to shoot for 20 or 30 minutes.

Excalibur or Ten Point...heck I think PSE makes one that goes on a AR lower I think.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

They do indeed. Called the TAC 15, if I remember correctly.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No idea on the recall, but I like boobies!!! ( - ) ( - )

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Does anyone else get impatient when they're waiting on a shipped package to get here and the tracking information hasn't updated in a few days?

I had something ship from WA last week via UPS and the last update I have is when it left Portland, OR Friday at 0300. It says the expected delivery date is Thursday, but there haven't been any updates. It wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't parts for a new toy...

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone else get impatient when they're waiting on a shipped package to get here and the tracking information hasn't updated in a few days?

I had something ship from WA last week via UPS and the last update I have is when it left Portland, OR Friday at 0300. It says the expected delivery date is Thursday, but there haven't been any updates. It wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't parts for a new toy...

I am borderline obsessive when tracking packages... I definitely feel you on this one! USPS is the worst IMO. UPS rarely leaves me hanging, and Fed Ex has actually left me sitting at my shop on a Saturday waiting for a package to be delivered and marked it "business closed" while I was sitting there just for that purpose :hurt:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am borderline obsessive when tracking packages... I definitely feel you on this one! USPS is the worst IMO. UPS rarely leaves me hanging, and Fed Ex has actually left me sitting at my shop on a Saturday waiting for a package to be delivered and marked it "business closed" while I was sitting there just for that purpose :hurt:

I agree that USPS is awful when it comes to tracking. I've had one package that had been delivered for 2 days before the tracking info was updated and another where there had been no updates in a couple days, then all of a sudden it got a whole list of updates in one day.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just got an update! Package just left Memphis about 10 minutes ago. From my previous experiences, I've had packages delivered the day after they left Memphis. Do I dare dream?

Latest posts

Top Bottom