• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you are listed under $300K, I don't expect it to be on the market more than 7-10 days.

That's what we're hoping. The last two houses that were listed in our subdivision and the one right next to it both went under contract in less than 14 days. I think we're priced pretty reasonably (about 5% over what we expect to get out of it). The only problem is that the photos taken by the realtor's "photographer" are horrendous. I made her take them down from the listing, because they were so bad. She ended up getting a "professional" to come in the morning to take the photos, so hopefully we'll have them by Saturday.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Whenever we list our house I'll be the professional taking the photos and delivering them to the realtor! I'm not a professional but been taking photos for years and know how to use the right lighting to take good indoor pictures, it's not that difficult!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Whenever we list our house I'll be the professional taking the photos and delivering them to the realtor! I'm not a professional but been taking photos for years and know how to use the right lighting to take good indoor pictures, it's not that difficult!

If I had known how bad the original photos would be, I would have volunteered to take the photos myself until a professional could come in. I have a nice DSLR, but don't have a lens suited for real estate photography; however, I could have taken better photos with my cell phone. Most of the photos they took didn't even have any lights on in the house, and the angles were terrible.

For example, this is the only photo they have of the kitchen:

CKzPgkU.jpg

And here is their photo of the master bathroom:

yEuD9vS.jpg

Compare that to a snapshot I took with my phone the other day for my wife:

5keCyCS.jpg

Edit: Just got a notification of another showing for later this afternoon.

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I had known how bad the original photos would be, I would have volunteered to take the photos myself until a professional could come in.
    Those original photos look like they could have been taken by someone who would submit a rifle for sale ad picture with their toes showing in it.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    That's what we're hoping. The last two houses that were listed in our subdivision and the one right next to it both went under contract in less than 14 days. I think we're priced pretty reasonably (about 5% over what we expect to get out of it). The only problem is that the photos taken by the realtor's "photographer" are horrendous. I made her take them down from the listing, because they were so bad. She ended up getting a "professional" to come in the morning to take the photos, so hopefully we'll have them by Saturday.

I have been looking at properties for the last few years, and the lack of real good photographs always irrate me. I looked at one tonight that had a cover pic of a bad indoor picture! What is that old saw in real estate; curb appeal! So WHY take and make the first pic a bad indoor picture? Lazy barely competent realtors. My bro is a broker and recently started a high def 3-D photo service for realtors that are too lazy or challenged to get good pics. Cool stuff, and I have only found it on ONE ad I looked at in another area! Here is his work:https://hounddogphotography.com/our-work/

I think it should be the standard, not some low res, blurry, bad pics.

Last edited:

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Way over here in Baker my next door neighbor got his asking price of $297,500 in only 3 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The wife came home early and found her husband in their bedroom making love to a very attractive young woman.

And she was somewhat upset. 'You are a disrespectful pig' she cried. 'How dare you do this to me -- a faithful wife, the mother of your children! I'm leaving you ... I want a divorce right away!'

And the husband replied, 'Hang on just a minute love so at least I can tell you what happened.' 'Fine, go ahead,' she sobbed,' but they'll be the last words you'll say to me!'

And the husband began -- 'Well, I was getting into the car to drive home, and this young lady here asked me for a lift. She looked so down and out and defenseless that I took pity on her and let her into the car..

I noticed that she was very thin, not well dressed and very dirty. She told me that she hadn't eaten for three days..

So, in my compassion, I brought her home and warmed up the enchiladas I made for you last night, the ones you wouldn't eat because you're afraid you'll put on weight. The poor thing devoured them in moments

Since she needed a good clean-up, I suggested a shower, and while she was doing that, I

noticed her clothes were dirty and full of holes, so I threw them away.

Then, as she needed clothes, I gave her the designer jeans that you have had for a few years, but don't wear
    because you say they are too tight. I also gave her the underwear that was your anniversary present, which you don't wear because I don't have good taste.

I found the sexy blouse my sister gave you for Christmas that you don't wear just to annoy her, and I also donated those boots you bought at the expensive boutique and don't wear because someone at work has
    a pair the same.'

The husband took a quick breath and continued - 'She was so grateful for my understanding and help that as I walked her to the door, she turned to me with tears in her eyes and said, 'Please ... Do you have anything else that your wife doesn't use?

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Took my grandsons to St. Augustine to the old fort and Ridleys last weekend and from there to Valdosta. Spent 2 days at Wild Adventures Park for $39 per person. Got a discount from the motel we stayed at, $4 less than the normal $43. They have all kinds of things to do from roller coasters to a Water Park all covered by the ticket. Well worth the 5 hour drive as they have something for all ages from kids to adults. Food and drinks are way over priced but they give out free ice water if you ask. I don’t know if you can bring a cooler but I saw lots of bags brought in but all bags were being inspected at the gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And misleading their customers on top of everything else.
    219ax6e.jpg

Catfish on the menu is actually Swaii, which is a Vietnamese catfish, inspectors found. When the inspector returned the next day, all but four of the basic violations had been resolved. The menu item was changed from catfish to katfish, which was still considered a misrepresentation, the report said.

Ace’s Restaurant at 6583 U.S. Highway 90 in Milton reopened July 12 after a third inspection...

Flying Bugs, Live Frog Result in Restaurant’s Closure

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its been 7 months since the last of our Patterdale Terriers pass away (17yo). Wife had been wearing me out for another dog, then she found "Peaches" (a 8mo+- Rescue). Done deal.
    36914134_872089809644408_7602484210074386432_o.jpg

Peaches alerted us to this young "Beach" buck wihle on a walk around the block last night.
    20180717_203546.jpg
    20180717_203537.jpg

Attachments

• 20180717_203537.jpg
      20180717_203537.jpg
      233.2 KB · Views: 146
    • 20180717_203546.jpg
      20180717_203546.jpg
      215.5 KB · Views: 151
    • 36914134_872089809644408_7602484210074386432_o.jpg
      36914134_872089809644408_7602484210074386432_o.jpg
      128.1 KB · Views: 146