• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately in todays society that is what a lot of the bleeding hearts believe and support. Back in my days of growing up, we did not have gun safes but we knew to respect firearms and respect our parents. But, on the other side of the coin, in this day and age of so little parenting and little respect to them, I do believe that parents should take some responsibility and secure arms from their children to protect them and others from harm. It is referred to as being an ADULT which is sorely lacking in this day and age. I guess that makes me a bleeding heart in this day and age!

If a 4 year old stumbles upon a gun and accidentally shoots somebody, then I could agree with you. This 17 year old didn’t trip and fall and accidentally kill 10 people at his school. He made a conscious decision at 17 years old (you know, about the same age as the parkland clown Hogg thst everybody thinks we should listen to) to murder.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's obvious things have changed and unless you want them to continue to attack our gun rights we should make common sense decisions that protect our rights. Not all gun safes are so expensive that the average working class family can't have one. No, if someone breaks into your house and steals SD shotgun you shouldn't be held responsible, that's a different situation. Parents who can't teach their kids about guns and what is right and wrong should be responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children raised in their house when they don't have direct supervision over them IMO. Just because it worked when we were growing up doesn't make it right now, the world has changed and lack of discipline, social media and bullying has changed kids. Kids today aren't raised the way we were raised, our parents actually supervised and disciplined us.

Also, most studies today show that the rational part of a teen's brain isn't complete until they reach the age of 25.

Last edited:

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If a 4 year old stumbles upon a gun and accidentally shoots somebody, then I could agree with you. This 17 year old didn’t trip and fall and accidentally kill 10 people at his school. He made a conscious decision at 17 years old (you know, about the same age as the parkland clown Hogg thst everybody thinks we should listen to) to murder.

I hear you and agree with you. Some youngins' going to do what they decide to do. But, it was easy for him to acquire the weapons by his father by them not being secured. Darn if you do, darn if you dont.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, if someone breaks into your house and steals SD shotgun you shouldn't be held responsible, that's a different situation. Parents who can't teach their kids about guns and what is right and wrong should be responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children raised in their house when they don't have direct supervision over them IMO.

So should the parents of the crackhead who breaks into my house be held responsible? If parents are responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of their children, what about drugs?

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So should the parents of the crackhead who breaks into my house be held responsible? If parents are responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of their children, what about drugs?

I think only if the drugs by the so called crackhead were obtained in the parent's household.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can see your side of the argument, we just have to stop criminalizing the gun. If this kid would have stole their parents hammer,or hedge trimmers and killed somebody, think about how crazy charging the dad would be. The kid (more like an adult) knew what he was doing.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can see your side of the argument, we just have to stop criminalizing the gun. If this kid would have stole their parents hammer,or hedge trimmers and killed somebody, think about how crazy charging the dad would be. The kid (more like an adult) knew what he was doing.

I agree with you there. After all, it was not the gun's fault, it was the individual's fault. I have several firearms in my home and they have never ever decided to go on a shooting rampage all on their own.

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    guns do not kill people ... people kill people ...

I would guess that in this case the parents will be rendered penniless by the time all the civil suits are over...assuming they are not already dirt poor...

rich

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True that. Regardless if they are found not liable in civil suits, lawyers do not come cheap.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It's obvious things have changed and unless you want them to continue to attack our gun rights we should make common sense decisions that protect our rights. Not all gun safes are so expensive that the average working class family can't have one. No, if someone breaks into your house and steals SD shotgun you shouldn't be held responsible, that's a different situation. Parents who can't teach their kids about guns and what is right and wrong should be responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children raised in their house when they don't have direct supervision over them IMO. Just because it worked when we were growing up doesn't make it right now, the world has changed and lack of discipline, social media and bullying has changed kids. Kids today aren't raised the way we were raised, our parents actually supervised and disciplined us.

Also, most studies today show that the rational part of a teen's brain isn't complete until they reach the age of 25.

my mother would have torn another hole in my rear if she ever caught me messing with the old model 10 s&w .38spec she had in her drawer in her bedroom.

I was told where it was, but dared me to touch it if someone was not breaking in the house...

but she told me to drag them in the house if I had to use it....back before castle doctrine in florida...

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apple's customer service is horrible and I have found out that Iphone 7 has a lot of problems and guess who has a Iphone 7. Apparently a Iphone 7 that won't connect to celluar service is common "defect" in these devices and Apple's customer service sucks but Verizon's customer service went above and beyond when they didn't have to and I have a new phone being sent over night to me.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well it's finally here, TGIF gentlemen AND ladies if there are any around here anymore! Almost fully recovered from this crud I came back from Little Rock with, looking for a relaxing weekend even if it might be a soggy one!

Attachments

• TGIF.jpg
      TGIF.jpg
      46.4 KB · Views: 161
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Round 2 of renter shenanigans.
    Had one that was suppose to drop the rent off through the mail slot over the weekend, well it wasn’t their this morning. We called her up and asked what happened? She said “I gave it to your workers, they were in the driveway changing the tire on their trailer. I asked them if they knew you and I had rent money to give you. They said yes they knew me well.” I’m like are you serious? I called my grass cutter and asked him cause he would’ve been the only one I could think of, it wasn’t him. So she basically handed off a money order to someone with a flat tire. She told me “well I guess I am just to trusting” yeah trusting, that’s the word I would use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, she managed to get my money to me today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Day 4 of a job quoted as "one day"

tile.jpg

Attachments

• tile.jpg
      tile.jpg
      78.7 KB · Views: 195
    Top Bottom