• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wow, where did you find such intellectual renters LOL!?

That’s renters. You find decent ones sometimes but you also come across those that can’t afford to purchase a home or pass the credit check for an apartment. I fill that gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That’s renters. You find decent ones sometimes but you also come across those that can’t afford to purchase a home or pass the credit check for an apartment. I fill that gap.

I use to rent out trailers and had one great tenant out of the bunch. She stayed for almost 6 years until she got her down payment saved up for the house she is about to get paid off. Had one that still owes me money and everyone in between. Last trailer was totaled from smoke damage from either tv or satellite receiver catching fire. Miss the money but not the headache

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So I guess out rates will go back up with the sale of Gulf Power?
    Not exactly. Check out Nextera energy who own FP&L. Their business model and vision is similar to Southern Company.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I use to rent out trailers and had one great tenant out of the bunch. She stayed for almost 6 years until she got her down payment saved up for the house she is about to get paid off. Had one that still owes me money and everyone in between. Last trailer was totaled from smoke damage from either tv or satellite receiver catching fire. Miss the money but not the headache

I rented out lots for trailers on some acres I own a few years back and that was a nightmare. They left it such a mess that I’m still cleaning it up. Those people were a special breed.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I rented out lots for trailers on some acres I own a few years back and that was a nightmare. They left it such a mess that I’m still cleaning it up. Those people were a special breed.

I started out with one trailer lot and after a year the owner moved and left the trailer. She sold it to me for $5200 that she owed on it. It was my first and years later my last when the smoke damage caused it to be a total loss. Insurance paid off and I was done with renters. Now I sell a lot every few years and squeeze the value out of every dollar I spend

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang I miss those gas prices, we are at $3.20 here in Pocatello. Luckily my commute is short to work and then I get into my company truck
    c5c3d46adc3ccc351b369144392276f1.jpg

Apparently Ethanol is expensive.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Local news story last night pointed out that Nextra energy rates across the rest of Florida were considerably lower than what Gulf Power currently charges. Channel 3 news stated there's a good chance rates could go down.
    It has a lot to do with fuel costs(coal, gas, nuclear, etc). Nextera is heavy into gas generation which has been consistently cheaper than coal. Cheaper cost of generation equals cheaper rates. I'd say no significant changes for 2-5 years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nextera is heavy into gas generation which has been consistently cheaper than coal. Cheaper cost of generation equals cheaper rates.

Which is why the coal industry has been dying in America for decades. America is awash in natural gas and it's super easy to strap down a couple of gas turbine engines and connect the output shafts to generators via gearboxes.

S_SHELL

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i would have thought the natural gas would be replaceing the coal in the steam generators (boilers), and the generators would have steam turbines powering them

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When are parents going to be charged with a crime for allowing these kids that shoot up schools access to their guns? This kid in Texas went into his father's closet and retrieved a handgun and shotgun and took them to school to commit the murders. Now the father is trying to paint him as a victim and not a criminal. Maybe bullying caused him to snap but instead of punching another kid he went home an found his Dad's unsecured guns and killed several kids and injured others. Had the father had the guns locked up in a safe this would most likely have never happened.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/2...her-suspects-bullying-caused-him-to-snap.html

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t agree with you. A 17 year old can take responsibility for his own actions. My dad never had his guns locked up. My friends dads never had their guns locked up. You act like the guns are some sort of exotic animal that jumped on this kid and made him take them to school. What if a crack breaks in my house and steals the one SD shotgun I have out? Am I responsible for everybody he kills?

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am not sure about you but when I was growing up there was no such thing as a gun safe for most working class families. We had guns stored in the closet and knew not to touch them and my friends knew not to touch them. It comes down to respect of your parents and each other. Respect is not taught to kids now a days. The US does not have a gun problem we have a kids raising kids problem with no one taking responsibility for their actions and their kids actions.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t agree with you. A 17 year old can take responsibility for his own actions. My dad never had his guns locked up. My friends dads never had their guns locked up. You act like the guns are some sort of exotic animal that jumped on this kid and made him take them to school. What if a crack breaks in my house and steals the one SD shotgun I have out? Am I responsible for everybody he kills?
    Unfortunately in todays society that is what a lot of the bleeding hearts believe and support. Back in my days of growing up, we did not have gun safes but we knew to respect firearms and respect our parents. But, on the other side of the coin, in this day and age of so little parenting and little respect to them, I do believe that parents should take some responsibility and secure arms from their children to protect them and others from harm. It is referred to as being an ADULT which is sorely lacking in this day and age. I guess that makes me a bleeding heart in this day and age!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom