Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unbelievably, that's whats left of a C-130

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got out in the woods today for the last time of Spring Turkey, no gobblers but picked off 11 ticks. 3 broke skin. Man I hate those little bastards

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wish my new roof would of gone to plan, lol. The metal I paid $800 for was 7” to short for the front halve so I had to buy 20 sheets of new Copper Metallic only cost $49.53/sheet. OUCH their went me getting and M1 for now, got to start stashing funds again.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's some video of it from a distance. It banked hard and did a straight nosedive. Not much makes me cringe, but that did.

God doesn't want me, and the devil isn't finished.

I'm going to look for the video in a few.... The plane had just come out of maintenance, and was on its final flight, to be stored in the Davis - Monthan bone yard. 5 crew and 4 pax. I don't know why they were carrying passengers on such a flight.

Edit: Yeah that was extremely bad. I see why so little was left of the airframe. Digging out the bodies will be horrific.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm going to look for the video in a few.... The plane had just come out of maintenance, and was on its final flight, to be stored in the Davis - Monthan bone yard. 5 crew and 4 pax. I don't know why they were carrying passengers on such a flight.

Edit: Yeah that was extremely bad. I see why so little was left of the airframe. Digging out the bodies will be horrific.

"Passengers" could be anything when reported in the media: maintenance personnel, flying crew chiefs, public affairs reporter/camera-crew, extra squadron members, or simply someone riding along "space available" to Arizona. When the birds are sent to boneyard, some items are stripped off prior to departure from the home-unit, to stay usable in the system, and some have to stay with the aircraft. Who knows.

The video I saw was from a store surveillance camera. It was a recording of the video monitor, so the "audio" is a bunch of idiots making play-by-play speculation and comments. I had to turn the volume off.

The aircraft rolled inverted during it's "descent". That's not something a C-130 normally does.

It's a horribly sad event.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apparently, this is what happened with the Mississippi C-130 last year:
    A flange on the spinner hub was cracked, and separated, sending a prop blade into the empennage, severing control cables to stabilizer and rudder. Loss of directional and altitude control resulted in pilot loss of control. It is thought a flat spin happened at low altitude.

Yesterday's mishap aircraft was tail 65-0968. So it was 53 years old.... Maintainers do thier best ..but that's asking a lot. Not sure if they'll be able to tell the cause with such catastrophic damage.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder should still be salvageable. The investigation boards will figure it out.

As for the 53-year-old aircraft, the C-130 is a beautiful bird. They can last a long time with modern aviation maintenance, and the skill of our maintainers. It's just a matter of cost vs man-hours vs available money and people. I wouldn't pin this on old-age. Bad things happen to good people all the time.

Regardless, the Nation suffered a loss.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Really looked like the load shifted, not sure what was in the plane to do that. It is hard for a 4 engine plane to lose power and nosedive off to the side like that..very sad for the families

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Loss of control authority.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Almost forgot, TGIF! I'm heading to Little Rock, AR for work Monday for 10 days, anybody have any good advice on what to do in Little Rock?

Attachments

• TGIF.jpg
      TGIF.jpg
      64.3 KB · Views: 156

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Little Rock? If you hike, or can endure a long trail on the "easy" side, go up Pinnacle Mountain. There's a nice family-owned gun/sporting goods store in Sherwood called Fort Thompson. Guns, ammo, reloading gear, hunting stuff, archery... like a big-box store of the same flavor, but none of their drama. West Little Rock is where a bunch of the restaurants and shops used to be growing. If you find yourself in Cabot, get some BBQ at "Mean Pig". If you're out the back gate of the base, get some BBQ at "Smokin Buns". There's a brewery downtown called Diamond Bear. They have the best root beer, too. Better than any national brand root beer...

Enjoy the trip!

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting geek tidbit

If you go to your desktop and create a new folder, and then rename it WhateverName.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} (the whatevername part can be whatever you want it to be, such as "God Mode" ) you will get a folder that contains links to all of the settings in windows. Windows 10, at least, I haven't tried it on my older machines, but I suspect that it will also work there.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Little Rock? If you hike, or can endure a long trail on the "easy" side, go up Pinnacle Mountain. There's a nice family-owned gun/sporting goods store in Sherwood called Fort Thompson. Guns, ammo, reloading gear, hunting stuff, archery... like a big-box store of the same flavor, but none of their drama. West Little Rock is where a bunch of the restaurants and shops used to be growing. If you find yourself in Cabot, get some BBQ at "Mean Pig". If you're out the back gate of the base, get some BBQ at "Smokin Buns". There's a brewery downtown called Diamond Bear. They have the best root beer, too. Better than any national brand root beer...

Enjoy the trip!

Thanks, I love hiking so will definitely pack my hiking boots.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    God's Conversation With a Blonde Nun

One night a blonde nun was praying in her room when God appeared before her.

"My daughter, you have pleased me greatly. Your heart is full of love for your fellow creatures and your actions and prayers are always for the benefit of others. I have come to you, not only to thank and commend you, but to grant you anything you wish," said God.

"Dear Heavenly Father, I am perfectly happy and am doing what I love. I lack for nothing. I feel content in all ways," said the nun.

"There must be something you would have of me," said God.

"Well, there is one thing," she said. "Just name it," said God. "It's those blonde jokes. They are so demeaning to blondes everywhere, not just to me. I would like for blonde jokes to stop."

"Consider it done," said God. "Blonde jokes shall be stricken from the minds of humans everywhere. But surely there is something that I could do just for you."

"There is one thing. But it's really small, and not worth your time," said the nun.

"Name it. Please," said God.

"It's the M&M's," said the nun. "They're so hard to peel."
    3876961474.gif

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Had a renter call Saturday to lmk he had the rent money, I was out of town and wouldn’t be able to meet until Monday. Today he said he went to the ships Saturday night and lost his rent money. Some people need to get their priorities in line. Told him he’s got till Friday or I’m calling the lawyer.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had a renter call Saturday to lmk he had the rent money, I was out of town and wouldn’t be able to meet until Monday. Today he said he went to the ships Saturday night and lost his rent money. Some people need to get their priorities in line. Told him he’s got till Friday or I’m calling the lawyer.

Time to evict his backside!

Top Bottom