• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Bought a trigger from a forum member and installed it... it is nice.
    dedbb8f8510925bd9a87ed04068627ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I case gauged ~2500 rounds yesterday. I'm going to shoot Limited again in Biloxi this weekend. If I like it as much as I did last weekend, I'm going to order some more .40 bullets and load them, put the grip and magwell back on my Open gun, stipple the grip and put install a new magwell on the Limited gun, and get the frame drilled and tapped for a thumb rest and the slide milled for a racker.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That lower though!!
    Either SBR it or sell it to me for too much money already! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have been looking for a Daniel defense lower that is not outrageous to no Avail so I'm probably going to SBR this one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    a cooling fan on a bolt weapon, we need a picture of that set up that bolt weapon
    Thanks in Advance :grouphug:
    bib

Take AR cooler. Insert 1/2" tubing (I got mine at Lowes) into the air outlet hole. Insert other end of tubing in chamber. Wa La, a bolt action rifle bbl cooler.

DSCN3468.JPG DSCN3469.JPG DSCN3470.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3468.JPG
      DSCN3468.JPG
      57.2 KB · Views: 198
    • DSCN3469.JPG
      DSCN3469.JPG
      52.7 KB · Views: 204
    • DSCN3470.JPG
      DSCN3470.JPG
      39.9 KB · Views: 198
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My crimson trace came in the mail today that I ordered from Optics planet with a 14% off coupon.
    544f65450f253cce886d583a50fb7d57.jpg

Even with their standard free shipping I ordered it last Tuesday and it arrived today, that’s decent service.
    Also reloaded about 250 rounds of 5.56 yesterday, been doing more shooting than loading lately and I noticed I’m getting low on stores, I need to build that back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Received my lee loadmaster from a coworker. Wish I had the time to set it up and start reloading. We got sidetracked, bought a bus, and plan to roadschool with our 5 year old daughter. Cant wait to get her out west and do some hunting

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Went to the range and shot my 10-22 take down and my SU-16A. Got a Primary Arms red dot sighted in on the Ruger, but think I may scope it for Dialed in iron sights and Holosun on the SU-16A after it went back to kel-tec to address a few issues. First pic is iron sights battle sighted in at 30 meters. Second pic is the Holosun battle sight. I really like the Holosun sight!

20180425_113637_resized.jpg
    20180425_122158_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20180425_113637_resized.jpg
      20180425_113637_resized.jpg
      195.2 KB · Views: 175
    • 20180425_122158_resized.jpg
      20180425_122158_resized.jpg
      206.1 KB · Views: 175

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The firing pin broke in my SIG MPX at round #2396. No, I didn't fire 2396 rounds today, that's the total fired through my MPX since I bought it new. Will call SIG in the morning.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The firing pin broke in my SIG MPX at round #2396. No, I didn't fire 2396 rounds today, that's the total fired through my MPX since I bought it new. Will call SIG in the morning.

Wow! Thats not good. I haven't tracked the MPX as much as the Sig 556s but that failure is suprising. Any simular fireing pin fails on the Sig/MPX Forums? Could you post a pics with any 1st hand observations of te break: clean, fracture, brittle, discoloration.
    Thanks for your time.
    WR

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Wow! Thats not good. I haven't tracked the MPX as much as the Sig 556s but that failure is suprising. Any simular fireing pin fails on the Sig/MPX Forums? Could you post a pics with any 1st hand observations of te break: clean, fracture, brittle, discoloration.
    Thanks for your time.
    WR

An Internet search finds several instances of MPX firing pin breakage at the tip. It seems to be on the Gen II MPX's. It appears there's enough breakage that an aftermarket company is making MPX firing pins now, but their design is for the bolt carrier and firing pins that use a firing pin spring. My MPX bolt carrier was not designed for that spring. Some users report that SIG then sends them a new bolt carrier and spring and firing pin.

At round #926 I noticed the tip of my firing pin appeared to have a slight bend in it, but was working OK so I just left it. And, of course yesterday it broke upon firing round #2396. At the break point, it appears brittle. No discoloration. DSCN3473.JPG RSCN3474.JPG

Will update post after contacting SIG.

Attachments

• DSCN3473.JPG
      DSCN3473.JPG
      60.5 KB · Views: 234
    • RSCN3474.JPG
      RSCN3474.JPG
      12.2 KB · Views: 239

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm still on the iron sights train. I shot my 3rd iron sight match in a row, and the 2nd in Limited division over in Biloxi yesterday.

This was a pretty technical match from a shot difficulty standpoint (only 1 shooter out of 52 shot the match clean). I really enjoyed it, but it definitely highlighted my flaws as far as shooting iron sights. I used a lot of target focus and quite a bit of point shooting in the last two matches and I tried to carry it over into this match (with little success).

I'm not confident in calling my shots with iron sights yet, which lead to waiting on steel to fall, and sluggishness leaving positions because I wasn't sure my hits. I'm also not used to the timing of the gun, which led to some slow splits and waiting too long for the sights to settle for follow-up shots.

Shooting this new gun, in a different division, with different sights almost feels like I'm starting over in the sport. I definitely need more time with the gun before I can get back to moving and shooting aggressively.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm still on the iron sights train. I shot my 3rd iron sight match in a row, and the 2nd in Limited division over in Biloxi yesterday.

This was a pretty technical match from a shot difficulty standpoint (only 1 shooter out of 52 shot the match clean). I really enjoyed it, but it definitely highlighted my flaws as far as shooting iron sights. I used a lot of target focus and quite a bit of point shooting in the last two matches and I tried to carry it over into this match (with little success).

I'm not confident in calling my shots with iron sights yet, which lead to waiting on steel to fall, and sluggishness leaving positions because I wasn't sure my hits. I'm also not used to the timing of the gun, which led to some slow splits and waiting too long for the sights to settle for follow-up shots.

Shooting this new gun, in a different division, with different sights almost feels like I'm starting over in the sport. I definitely need more time with the gun before I can get back to moving and shooting aggressively.

I shot with them at Area 6 and the double partial swinger was from one of the stages. Definitely unique and challenging. Hard to call shots on.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yesterday, I shot the EOD match. Poorly and slowly...
    I had my clone as a pistol for almost a year, had probably ran 3-400 rounds through it with a brace and stock parts until I got my stamp, which came in a few weeks ago. So once I got my stamp, I ordered a stock along with many other parts for 922r, including a “match” trigger and finally took it to the races.

HK style triggers are, well HK style triggers. So I go to the first stage, buzzer goes off, I push the safety down enthusiastically and notice that it goes too far. Weird, so I flip it up to where I meant to put it. I go to put two rounds on target, and only one comes out. Assuming something went wrong, i tap and rack and try a controlled pair again. Same thing, and same thing for several more rounds until I get to the steel portion of the stage and notice that when it’s one shot at a time, it’s fine. Suddenly I realize that I’m simply not pulling the trigger hard enough on the second round of the controlled pairs. So yay! My gun isn’t broken, but damn this racy looking flat blade “match” trigger sucks. Afterwards, I notice that the low selector position is the “full auto” position, and the hammer will fall just fine, so next time I’ll leave it be, but is it supposed to be able to be pushed down to that position at all? Did I break it? No idea.
    Reloads are tough, lock back bolt, remove, toss, grab new, insert, slap. That is a lot of motion, and I could really use a coupler, as it follows the manual of arms perfectly and it’ll keep the mags out of the dirt. Some higher capacity mags would also come in handy, since most stages are around or just over 30 rounds and a couple of steel misses or a particular setup forces a reload with the 30 rounders, and with mp5, you’re not supposed to load and top off (something about feedlip damage), so 30 is 30. 38 would really be helpful. Maybe a 50rd drum, if they work, I had an atrocious experience with a PCC and a Korean Glock drum a couple of years ago. X products maybe worth a try?
    The iron sights are nice, probably the best irons I’ve used thus far in terms of speed. However, red dots are faster, for several reasons, end of story. So I need one, but it’s not just plug and play. I’ve mounted an Aimpoint Pro on a low 30mm ring as well as a Sig Romeo to the stock rail and they were nice. The height was perfect in relation to the front sight. High enough so the front doesn’t interfere (when centered, the dot ends up on the top of the hood, which is fine as I won’t try to line it up (and with both eyes open the hood is a negligible blur), but low enough to not have a stupid high height over bore. What I really didn’t like was that the optics were not at the natural line of sight for me, and for that matter the stock sights are a bit low. So my plan is to grab another red dot and get some kind of cheek riser (probably either kydex or neoprene) that will raise the natural sight by half of the difference between red dot and the irons.
    So in short, I need more trigger time to get used to it (maybe some grease on the sear), I also need reload work, a coupler, higher cap mags, a red dot, and a cheek riser.
    I ran the gun with my Omega9K and it ran like a sewing machine, the problems are really with me, not the gun, but nothing I cant overcome with a few dollars and some drills at the range. I feel like I could’ve ran so much faster but just don’t feel comfortable with the gun yet, but I’ll get there.
    Thoughts and suggestions welcome. Thanks!
    Here’s the only stage filmed:
    https://youtu.be/T72ICQzVanQ

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I shot with them at Area 6 and the double partial swinger was from one of the stages. Definitely unique and challenging. Hard to call shots on.

It was close enough and slow enough that I shouldn't have had a problem getting good hits, had I used the sights (I heard that the swinger at A6 was quite a bit faster). Unfortunately I didn't. A big part of it was lack of visualization as far as making sure to concentrate on one of the swinger targets, then the other. I just blasted several shots at it and I had no idea where they actually hit.

Edit: I'm also used to being able to miss a little high and low on a swinger and still be fine. That wasn't the case on the sideways tuxedo target and I failed to think about that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom