• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I ordered a Phoenix Trinity Evo steel grip to replace the plastic grip on my Akai a couple weeks ago. I was told it was a 3-4 week wait, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it only took a week before my name was at the top of the list. I placed the order on Thursday and was told it should ship out Friday. I never got a tracking number, so I figured it didn't go out, then it arrived in my mailbox yesterday. I also received the Geppart trigger and DAA PT holster insert to go along with it.

rWcuOhg.jpg

Unfortunately it wasn't a slip-on fit like I hoped.

DTa7AED.jpg

I ordered some Dykem from Amazon last week, but it was backordered and hadn't shipped as of last night, so I canceled the order and used a sharpie instead. I almost got the dremel out, but I figured it would be a lot safer to just go slow with some files.

fW6C90V.jpg

95i4QaB.jpg

Who needs Dykem or Prussian Blue?

MCO9UQb.jpg

BMWcn0u.jpg

After about an hour of slowly filing the parts that showed interference, I got to this point. I could have tapped it all the way on with a mallet, but I didn't want the fit to be too tight.

tHfQf18.jpg

Another 20 minutes or so and I got it to where I can squeeze it all the way on with my hands, but it feels like a good interference fit. I'm going to have to take it back off again a couple times to adjust the trigger pre-travel before I loctite all the screws, so I'll make sure I don't need to do any more filing or sanding on the grip while I'm going through that process.

2BQBSJS.jpg

It's pretty heavy, and the grip is AGGRESSIVE, but I'm sure I'll get used to it with a little dryfire.

JXp8Zqo.jpg

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Welded up the extra holes in a Saiga receiver that someone else converted long ago. Turned out pretty good. Hope to have it all back together with a fresh Cerakote finish this weekend.

saiga weld 01.jpg

saiga weld 02.jpg

Attachments

• saiga weld 01.jpg
      saiga weld 01.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 171
    • saiga weld 02.jpg
      saiga weld 02.jpg
      75 KB · Views: 179

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Received some 300 Blackout AR parts I found on another forum for a price I couldn't resist (and he paid the shipping) from a guy getting out the Blackout caliber. I actually have no use for them at this time (might keep the hand guard, gas block and gas tube for an upcoming project), as I have many Blackout bbls of different lengths). Paid $150 for the package. MDWS barrels are normally in the upper $200+ range.

Mad Dog Weapons System 10.5" Blackout bbl supposedly fired 200 rounds max (bore looks as new and only a little bit of copper fouling coming out when I cleaned it). 1 in 8 twist; .750" gas block diameter. MDWS didn't respond to my request so far for the bbl steel, but other bbls they sell are 4140 and no chrome lining or nitride finish for the bore. AR Performance 5/8x24 comp/flash hider combo. Midwest Industries key mod rail covers. Lo pro gas block and pistol gas tube. PA hand guard with bbl nut and screws made by Seekins for PA.

DSCN3546.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3546.JPG
      DSCN3546.JPG
      72.5 KB · Views: 177

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Received some 300 Blackout AR parts I found on another forum for a price I couldn't resist (and he paid the shipping) from a guy getting out the Blackout caliber. I actually have no use for them at this time (might keep the hand guard, gas block and gas tube for an upcoming project), as I have many Blackout bbls of different lengths). Paid $150 for the package. MDWS barrels are normally in the upper $200+ range.

Mad Dog Weapons System 10.5" Blackout bbl supposedly fired 200 rounds max (bore looks as new and only a little bit of copper fouling coming out when I cleaned it). 1 in 8 twist; .750" gas block diameter. MDWS didn't respond to my request so far for the bbl steel, but other bbls they sell are 4140 and no chrome lining or nitride finish for the bore. AR Performance 5/8x24 comp/flash hider combo. Midwest Industries key mod rail covers. Lo pro gas block and pistol gas tube. PA hand guard with bbl nut and screws made by Seekins for PA.

View attachment 66635
    So are you advertising? Haha Seriously though, I'm going to be building up a 300blk to run suppressed here soon. I'm going to search thru the rifle section to study up. Good stuff Daezee.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Not advertising yet (wrong forum). I should know early next week whether I'll be posting any good deals from my above buy for sale. SD Tactical told me they will make me a custom hand guard for a new upper build, so I am to call their designer and talk it over with him. If we agree and the price is right, I won't need the above bbl (I'll be using a longer bbl) or hand guard (the custom hand guard will be longer). The custom hand guard will say Hog Slayer with cut outs to represent a boar's head and have 300 Blackout on the other side (instead of evenly spaced holes or slots for bbl cooling, it uses cutouts of letters and numbers and a boar's ear, eye, nose, teeth for both the graphics and for bbl cooling).

I bought the above package with the idea that if I didn't use the parts, hopefully someone on our forum could. Oh, I forgot to include in the pic the shims that came with the hand guard to use to align the hand guard/bbl nut assembly if needed. As many of you know, I'm a Blackout nut.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    nice find!...wish I had found it :) been thinking about changing up the one on my SBR

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So are you advertising? Haha Seriously though, I'm going to be building up a 300blk to run suppressed here soon. I'm going to search thru the rifle section to study up. Good stuff Daezee.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Check out right to bear barrels. I got one for my 300blk pistol, apparently they are made by ballistic advantage (their picture on their website shows a ballistic advantage logo even) and it just has a different logo on the barrel itself, exact same specs but quite a bit cheaper. Also got a toolcraft nitride BCG for like $65 on that site too. Very happy with both the barrel and BCG.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been doing quite a bit of gun stuff lately. Finally took the time to get my muzzle brake timed on my 300blk pistol, and added a angled grip from Magpul to make it a little more ergonomic for me. Feels pretty good now. Will probably add a K grip to it, I like the more vertical grips.

Also got a TLR for my 19x, will be getting a hold of a local kydex guy here to make me a holster for it now.

Also ordered a Ruger American Predator 6.5CM yesterday through my LGS. Will have that sometime this next week.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    dd42096bbb98c3ee8d2b4e0c8ed45cb5.jpg

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Trying again to correct photo error:

Today I went to the range and shot some rimfire. I shot the Marlin Papoose 70PSS for the first time and sighted in the Tech Sights I put on it before ever shooting it. More in a review on it. Also tried again to get the Ruger 10-22 TD sighted in with Tech Sights and had to call the company when it still shot high at 25 yards. Best I can guess, someone stuck the wrong font sight pin in the front sight.

20180814_093250.jpg

They immediately offered to send me the taller model pin to ensure it had the right pin in the sight. Good company to deal with!

Attachments

• 20180814_093250.jpg
      20180814_093250.jpg
      158.4 KB · Views: 149

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got an email from Grabagun that the M&P22 tactical was on sale... got it coming to for a host for my Sparrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Well, put my 10.5" 300 Blackout bbl and 9" hand guard up for sale....Cause my new upper design is a GO!

SD Tactical is making me a 15" hand guard. With Hog Slayer and a hog's head caricature on the right side and SUS VENATOR with hog's head caricature on the left. Black anodized. The one pic shows the left side design on a computer screen. The other shows the right side. Ignore the 22 NOSLER side...that belongs to another customer. Both sides of mine will have the same font used as in the Hog Slayer letters. Yes, I know a hog's rear teeth are not pointed, that's why it's called a caricature. I think I'll get some hobby paint and color in parts of the hog's head. SD is not charging me for the design and lettering changes.

For those that don't read Latin, SUS VENATOR translates to pig hunter. Both Sawman and I (and of course there are others in Florida) are members of the Lone Star Boars SUS VENATOR Club...we've killed a verified hog of 250 or more pounds.

Green Mountain has a 16", chrome lined, fluted 300 Blackout bbl I'll be using. I already have a Bear Creek side charger upper receiver to use.

Screenshot_20180814-112517.jpg imagejpeg_0.jpg

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
      imagejpeg_0.jpg
      110.7 KB · Views: 133
    • Screenshot_20180814-112517.jpg
      Screenshot_20180814-112517.jpg
      140.3 KB · Views: 138

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Great looking work by them Bruce. Will be as great build with that bbl and especially as a side charge.
    Wondering why more people do not own side chargers . . . most likely it is because they have never used one.
    I am looking to own my first 300BLK AR most any time now. Hopefully,it will be a 16" side charge. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The side charger will make it easy when I use it with subsonic frangibles on dillos where they are too weak to cycle the action. 3-4 weeks on the hand guard. Probably most of that is sending it out for anodizing...SD does the machining but sends out for anodizing. I have had a side charger upper receiver for a while waiting for a project to manifest itself when B52 found me a possible source of a custom hand guard.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't own a ton of guns... but I have a decent amount, some expensive, some dirt cheap... but this is hands down my new favorite to shoot. Picked it up yesterday through Title II firearms in Gulf Breeze.
    2f72549b1bff48d4f197cc7b6e27b1d9.jpg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I don't own a ton of guns... but I have a decent amount, some expensive, some dirt cheap... but this is hands down my new favorite to shoot. Picked it up yesterday through Title II firearms in Gulf Breeze.
    2f72549b1bff48d4f197cc7b6e27b1d9.jpg

I sure enjoy mine. Not picky about ammo.

PS. I use a Gen I Sparrow suppressor on mine. Same impact point with and without the suppressor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom