• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yessir. 22LR over 20 gauge. It was at Capital Pawn. Guessing an early 80's field grade model S. Hope its a shooter. Its not quite as pretty as the pic led me to believe, but the bores are shiny and it closes tight.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Was testing various reloads in the Ruger AR556 MPR for accuracy when the POI started going up. Found the elevation turret was moving with recoil and the "clicks" that would hold it in position were gone. I.E., the turret not longer has clicks, but easily moves around with little effort. It's a Mueller APV scope...will see how their lifetime warrantee does.

Was having failures (about 1 in 5 shots) to extract (would have the rim ripped off) fired cases or fully chamber with my reloads in the MPR. Scrubbed chamber with brush...no change. Took it home and tested 3 different factory loads for functioning. No failures to chamber or extract with factory ammo. Will borrow a friend's small base die and see if that helps. I have some polishing compound...I might polish the chamber with the finest grit since the chamber is not chrome lined or nitrided. If not, I have some quantity of factory ammo. I also have a FN 5.56 bbl that's picky about reloads being sized enough. All my other .223/5.56 bbls are happy with anything put in them.

First 10 rounds of Wolf steel ammo (fired after 38 rounds of brass case ammo) had a 100% failure to lock bolt carrier back on empty mag (2 mags tried). After a total of 84 rounds of various ammo shot, I tried 10 more of the Wolf steel with 90% of them now locking the bolt carrier back on the last round (2 mags tried). Based on that, I hope very soon that Wolf will lock the bolt carrier open 100% of the time. The more I shot, the more consistent the empties flew (empties fell into a smaller and smaller area). FC M193 and PPU M193 gave 100% bolt carrier lock open on the last shot.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got back my Nikon x1000 scope from repairs. Looks OK.

Sent off my Mueller APV scope (elevation turret stopped having "clicks" and now moves just from recoil of the .223) for repair. Now I'll see how their lifetime warranty is.

Ordered a small base .223 die. Had borrowed a friend's once; now have to borrow it again...that's my sign that I need my own, thus it is ordered.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I scrubbed/burnished my 22-250 bbl with moly paste. Kept the patch on the jag tight by adding small pieces of patch when the rod starting getting "too easy". 300 down and backs. Some fast enough to actually heat up the semi heavy bbl.
    It is super moly coated now. Will coat the bullets that I intend to try in it also. At the top of my list is the Nosler Partition 60gr. Also the Barnes 53gr TSX. --- SAWMAN

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I got my Form 1 for the Mossberg SBS build today, it only took 10 days to approve (EFile with Trust)...pretty quick turnaround. So I put everything together. Now my Maverick is sporting a Magpul Stock and Foreend with the 14" barrel with a tacstar side saddle. It has a really good balanced weight and the Stock feels pretty good in my hand. Gotta wait until this weekend to go to the range though.

sjustice64

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i bought a barrett rec10, armory dynamics ar9 sbr, rugged razor and dead air odessa 9 plus two vortex strike eagles. its ramen for a few months now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got my Form 1 for the Mossberg SBS build today, it only took 10 days to approve (EFile with Trust)...pretty quick turnaround. So I put everything together. Now my Maverick is sporting a Magpul Stock and Foreend with the 14" barrel with a tacstar side saddle. It has a really good balanced weight and the Stock feels pretty good in my hand. Gotta wait until this weekend to go to the range though.

TRUST addition in 10 days: WOW! Engraved already I assume, devil's in the details. Lol.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    took my newly acquired cz p09 to the range yesterday and commenced on tearing the center of the targets out with ease. I am shocked at how accurate this pistol is! 1911 accurate, but oh my the trigger. Time for a trigger job

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    took my newly acquired cz p09 to the range yesterday and commenced on tearing the center of the targets out with ease. I am shocked at how accurate this pistol is! 1911 accurate, but oh my the trigger. Time for a trigger job

CGW my friend, my p07 shoots like a dream. Its my CC but until you do the trigger job they do get smoother on DA the more you shoot. And get a small o ring for in front of your hammer and dry fire while you lounge around the house.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    knob creek is killing me, and its technically not even open till tomorrow :

uzi
    sten
    m16
    mpx
    ak
    glock sear
    rpk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jealous is too light of a term for me right now...have fun!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    For the umpteenth time I called Pacific Tool & Gauge as to the status of my returned 6.5 Creedmoor throat erosion gage since January.

Background: Gage would not measure throat wear, missing a spacer in the middle of the gage, gage body not properly marked as per the instruction sheet...it simply doesn't work due to being too short. I returned the gage with 2 pages of details of what's wrong and a photo showing it going too far into the rifle, asking for a correctly made gage with all the parts. Every time I called, I'd get a different story. Every time I had to go over what's wrong with the gage...finally called so many times that they knew what was wrong. Was told I'd get an email as to the status of the returned useless gage...I didn't. Was told J____ would call back in 30 minutes...she didn't. Was told K____, J's supervisor would call me...she didn't. Was told P____, K's supervisor would call me on 2 different days...he didn't. Was told B____, a machinist would call...he didn't. Today J____ answered the phone. Told me I'd been refunded a week ago. No refund has been made I said. J_____ let me check...you are right, no refund was made as they didn't have my CC info (then why no call to me asking for the info???). Now they'll send a check, as I told them the card I used had to be cancelled due to theft.

Finally, I recommended changes/corrections to their website and instruction sheets...they made none of them, and continue to give out incorrect info/absurd procedures. Example: They say check TE every 1000 rounds (fair enough; I do check it more often, but that's me), but to do so you have to take the rifle to a gunsmith to have them remove the barrel so you can insert the gage and take a reading, and then reinstall the bbl after measuring (now what's that gonna cost in time and money?). Solution: Just make the gage with the right markings and include a spacer in the middle that corresponds to the rifle action (basically you would need an AR action spacer, a bolt action spacer, and a single shot spacer). I have other maker's 30 cal TE gages do that so I can check TE myself by simply removing the bolt and using the right length of gage (my other gages are not from Pacific) (but only Pacific makes a 6.5 gage). Example: The web site says 6.5 Creedmoor gages are made to order and not in stock, but elsewhere they are not special order, and it lists 8 in stock. Both listings have an "options" button, but clicking it doesn't bring up any options. Pacific even offers a 30 cal gage set with spacers for different actions, so they know the concept...offer it in 6.5, 6.8, etc.. I do not intend to do any more direct business with that company. It's been 2 1/2 months trying to get a refund on a useless gage.

On the good news front, got an email from Mueller scopes...either my repaired scope or a replacement was shipped 2 days after they received my broken scope under their lifetime warranty program.

Did preliminary re-sighting with my returned/repair Nikon X1000 scope at 50yd. Next will be at 300yd for the final zero.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Stopped in Ubers looking for c-clips for a Cobray derringer. They didnt have any but I got to fondle a NAA black widow. Cappy likes!

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    After just finishing my last AR build a couple weeks ago, I have undertaken another AR build. I have had a McKay Enterprises lower laying around and I just acquired an Aero Precision upper. This morning, a short while ago, I ordered everything I will need for the lower assembly from Primary Arms. I am still pondering on how I will build the upper assembly. I am going to deliberate on it for a while because I want to make a good decision that I will not regret.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    60 sent
    IMG_2423 (2).jpg

i won the 730 yard pig challenge and I was the 2nd shooter :D

nothing between 730 and 1K today...things were too grown over...think we need a range day.

at one point we need 3+L @ 1K

i give up on getting the pic right

Attachments

• IMG_2423 (2).jpg
      IMG_2423 (2).jpg
      85.5 KB · Views: 229
    Last edited:

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I snatched up a poverty pony lower from Gander for the safe and grabbed some $8 pmags from palmetto. Let the piecemeal pistol begin.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Met a guy that had some beretta 92 stuff but he was in over in Okaloosa. He happened to come to Pensacola and I got a deal on a serpa and uncle mikes holster, a speed loader, and 5 mags!

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got out to the range to shoot a G19 Gen 5 I picked up a while back. Had to adjust the rear sight windage a bit to get it close enough for me to be happy to carry it. Also met a guy and test shot an NEF SB-2 357 mag that was reamed out to 357 Max. I bought it of course. Fun and accurate rifle to scratch my desire for a 357 long gun!

NEF SB2 357 MAX (1).jpg

NEF SB2 357 MAX (3).jpg

NEF SB2 357 MAX (2).jpg

Attachments

• NEF SB2 357 MAX (1).jpg
      NEF SB2 357 MAX (1).jpg
      89 KB · Views: 251
    • NEF SB2 357 MAX (3).jpg
      NEF SB2 357 MAX (3).jpg
      80.7 KB · Views: 247
    • NEF SB2 357 MAX (2).jpg
      NEF SB2 357 MAX (2).jpg