Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Busy day, what brand is the car?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The 243 and 7-08 are noting but a necked down 308Win so same powder capacity (~). But lighter bullet equils less recoil . . . but not much less. Especially the 7-08. --- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice ride John, it should give y’all many years of good service.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got out to the range today to shoot my 3 caliber Glock G23. Shot all four barrels (2 in 40) and found the following:

The 9mm Lone Wolf threaded shot slightly low and left at 7 yards.

The non-branded 40 cal barrel from BCA out-shot the factory barrel, shooting just low and left with a nice grouping.

The 357 SIG shot a little lower that the 40, and to the left less, but seemed to want to group well. It has a good bit more snap that either 9mm or 40 with self defense HPs in each caliber.

Separately, I shot up some old quality 9mm HP ammo that was loaded in a gun for over a year, and had two FTEs from weak rounds; so remember to replace your daily carry ammo annually for best reliability!

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shot a USPSA match today. It is already getting too hot to shoot. I guess I will need to break down an buy me a utility cart to haul my bags and cooler around. Most of the carts I saw today had beach umbrellas attached. Wonder if they make a solar powered fan? LOL

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got out early to the range with my brother. Shot the M+M AK I recently picked up and got the sights dialed in for me at 25 yards, and the Holo-Sun red dot dialed in too. Ordered a cheek riser for the MAGPUL stock to make it easier to shoot with the red dot.

Also test fired some Hornady 357 SIG 147 XTP ammo in the G23 that will be my carry load, and it is now my daily CCW.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Since my last 2 hogs were not hit EXACTLY where I'd tried to hit, I took my thermal equipped hog slayer and my daytime thermal target to the range and verified the sight settings...it was right on. Guess I am not immune to getting excited in the heat of the moment.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Actually, I wondered the same thing, and thought it was because the HP bullet development in the recent decades have evened the performance gap. After getting the project started I found the following articles:

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/357-sig-gel-test/

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/357-sig-whats-the-point/

This sort of supported my thoughts, and I do not think I would feel under-gunned or unarmed with any of the three calibers anymore. Only when FMJ is the default would I start to desire my 45 acp more!

Thanks for those links. I’d like to shoot a few bowling pins with the sky and my .357 magnum carry loads to get my own perceptions. The math is interesting (ft lbs) but not sure in my own mind how the two can be equal.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ran up to ERGC for a quick range session this afternoon between church services. I haven't spent much time, if any, shooting competition style lately but I've been working on grip, draw, presentation, and sight picture from concealment (ccw mechanics). Would've been even better had I remembered the battery in my shot timer was low but oh well...
    Overall I was pleased with my B8 targets from 7-10 yds out, 2-5 shot strings and a few with mag change intervals. (The flyers on the cardboard were already there, please disregard) HAHA!!
    64cfc29d08b9ab64f8bacbf4ac106401.jpg
    4fa7212d3b0b61e2ceb7af1539e4a270.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Put a contract on a house where I can have a place to shoot. Now I can be like oneshot haha. Should close late next month!

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ok like I posted in the NFA thread. I got my Tax Stamp back (Form 1) to remove the fake suppressor on the yes another MP5 I own. I gave you all a chance to own this beauty up for sale a while ago no interested and did not break my heart so I kept it and do what I do best make these look great.

Well started with removing the fake can. I knew where the pin was but I did not expect it to be so fat. I was excepting a thinner pin either way it's coming out. First I took it easy with a small dental grinding tip to expose the pin. After that I got the small cutting wheel and started working my way down enough so I could heat and pull the pin out. I was trying to keep the fake can in the best shape possible... Don't know why I just wanted too. A frined did mention that they wanted it so it's still usable. Could easy built that messing metal back up and finish.

Here are some pics...

mL2tw5M.jpg

DzpbSNu.jpg

zAd41qA.jpg

Next up once I got it where I knew I could get a good hold of that pin is to start applying heat. It's amazing what heat does to make that pin move like butter. LOL It pulled right out no issues.

Pics. >>>

D0oZZWy.jpg

MRjrXvy.jpg

Kd2dG9u.jpg

So know more heat is needed to pull the fake can off. It was on there pretty good. But again heat and a little persuasion came off pretty easy.

Now to fill the pin hole and finish up to match the MP5 and then let the transformation began...

Pics. >>>

oB53ddE.jpg

et5tmLW.jpg

And my Gemtech multi-mount fits nice.

g9UbWDq.jpg

EZzu2FJ.jpg

qMDZJHZ.jpg

So the end story. My plan is to set this one up like this with the fore end light. I just have to do some research because some of them get in the way of attaching a suppressor.

XFPfekR.jpg

And some day I will have the whole collection. :) :) :)

2WHgn0Q.jpg

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ok would like some help. I know the auth look for the MP5 with a light is the 628 or the 328 but man they are not cheap and then there is the issue with suppressor clearance... Here is the 328 and it's about 500 no matter where you look. :( and it's looks to be the best for clearance for a can.

mfTbPyx.jpg

But I could go with a keymod MP5 rail and then get any light and or laser combo I want and mount under. There would be no issue with can mounting.

avx2wtI.jpg

I am leaning towards the keymod route and it will save some dough...

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would go keymod, ensures can fits; and saves some dough. Call it Julie; your mod squad member in the line-up!

Done ordered the Keymod... Pics to come soon when done with project.

Top Bottom