• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Actually I think they need 2 versions of the Hunter American stock.

at least a righty..lefty thing like a Gen4 Block for the mag catch

I know with the CDI DBM there is some adjustment for mag height with the release...don't understand why they couldn't do it like that even..I'm not a designer either

Last edited:

SGB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nephew gave me a friend of his CMMG 9mm carbine that has a failure to feed issue to diagnose. Says it's been back to CMMG 3 times and still fails to feed. Took it to the range and it would fail to feed every 2 to 3 rounds. Took it home and re-profiled a few sharp edges and the bolts feed angle .................. took it to the range and it ate 2 32 round mags as fast as I could pull the trigger without a stutter.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The person who wrote "Yes, that is correct.", says he did not mean to imply that Ruger AICS magazines were the correct ones for the stock. Their testing was only with an obsolete AI made polymer .223 mag (no longer made for a few years now). I suggested they spend $100-$150 and buy a MDT, a Ruger, and an Accurate AICS pattern .223 mags for testing.

Actually I think they need 2 versions of the Hunter American stock. The .223 sized one will have a thinner dimension inside top to bottom that allows the rifle action to be closer to the mag well. The .308 case size cartridges already stick up more due to the larger diameter of the case base vs the small diameter of .223 size case diameter. Without the action in the stock, but a loaded mag in place, the difference was obvious to me. But I'm not a designer, so what do I know....

Apparently, You know more than the engineers that designed a stock that doesn’t work with magazines that are currently available . :yo:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ordered a Larue lt745 qd mount, and the 742 rmr adapter to put the accupoint in on the scar heavy... always a great experience ordering from Larue. They are top notch.

Sample pics from larue...
    07fa5667873dde14b22633a49467594b.jpg
    cc81b1d38c5e3852f73561c2efdd3d42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got a call about my Sus Venator/Hog Slayer AR upper hand guard. "It's back from anodizing...it comes from anodizing grayish...wanted to make sure of the final color you want, you'd said Black." Yup, make it black. That will contrast nicely with any white or red paint I want to put in the hog caricature to make it stand out. Hopefully soon now. I've got all the other parts I need and a scope to put on it for load testing.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Gathered up some more guns to sell, have to make some hard decisions on which ones but I don't need so many as it seems I am not using them as much anymore. Already sold 2, not even advertising, I like it better that way and trades for some cool stuff with cash too.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What chamberings are you gonna stick with Frank ?? Pistol and rifle ??
    I'm thinking . . . with the proper scope,what can't you kill here in Flah-Dah with a 6.8. Sooooo . . . 6.8,20ga for dove/quail, and 9mm for SD/HD/club. Datzzit --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yep Sawman you are right, I had 4 6.8's and gonna thin the herd. Got the 20 saved a couple 12's, Glock 26 and 19, Springfield 45 4" XDS and 3 22's. Still have more than I need!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I made some progress on my gun room today. I plan on picking up the countertop this week. The wall cabinets haven't arrived yet.

Design:

7ce738ad2b6abf87a91702598d723786.jpg

Progress so far:

04f638d00f50ca719813bd5cf3f74476.jpg

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Work shut down early today, so I went ahead and picked up the counter tops.

I can't wait to see what they look like after I finish them.
    0664426d04825375cb879244b8fab250.jpg
    c2985f8ce822abb758725176c070b694.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bruce, wondering if you have heard anything back from MagPul ??
    They should be ashamed of themselves if they are still actively marketing, accepting orders for,taking peoples hard earned money for,these stocks,if they have not offered a supply of mags to the potential buyer.
    This is a KNOWN problem to them and IMO they should stop the further sales of these stocks until they can offer mags (from them) that fit and function in their $300. stock. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Bruce, wondering if you have heard anything back from MagPul ??
    They should be ashamed of themselves if they are still actively marketing, accepting orders for,taking peoples hard earned money for,these stocks,if they have not offered a supply of mags to the potential buyer.
    This is a KNOWN problem to them and IMO they should stop the further sales of these stocks until they can offer mags (from them) that fit and function in their $300. stock. --- SAWMAN

Nothing from Magpul. They did get my stock back yesterday per USPS tracking. Heard from another owner that MDT mags do not work...hold the case too low for the bolt to pick up. Heard from another owner that Accurate mags do not work either. With my Ruger mags not working, that makes none of the current AICS pattern .223 mags that I am aware of as working.

I had plans for the new stock. Was gonna set it up for plinking off the bench at longer distances. Had bought higher rings and a more powerful scope for it. Moving my thermal from the second RARR to the Hog Slayer upper when it is completed, I would still have a light weight RARR for day time hunting.

Owners are starting to complain/question/ask on Magpul’s Facebook pages about it not working in .223/Blackout.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thanks Bruce. Please keep us updated of any new info re. this stock.
    As of now . . . I am extremely disappointed by MagPul's handling of this,both before AND after its conception. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The Hunter American stock seems to work fine in .308 size cartridges though, just not smaller ones.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Today, I got more parts in for my latest AR build. Just a few more to go. Should have them by the end of the week. If all goes well, it will be built this weekend.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Received a CMC drop in trigger replacement for my AR. Will install it before next Tuesday, and hope for some clear morning to take it to the range and get familiar with it.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Received a CMC drop in trigger replacement for my AR. Will install it before next Tuesday, and hope for some clear morning to take it to the range and get familiar with it.
    I just saw Primary Arms has em for $167 with a Spikes lpk...pretty decent deal

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SGB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ordered a couple Magpul Bad Levers, Radical Firearms Low Profile Gas Block - .750" - Set Screw Style, an Anderson Manufacturing AR-15 Stock Hardware Kit - MIL-SPE, an ALG 0000 Very Thin Grease 4oz. Bottle to try, a Guntec USA Micro Handstop for M-LOK from Primary Arms during their Labor day sale and a Wilson Combat Custom-Tune Spring Kit S&W J-Frame from Midway USA.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I got a CMC trigger a few weeks ago when Primary Arms had them on sale for $99. I have installed it already. It replaced a Rise Armament RA-140 SST. The RA works great, but I wanted a trigger that was more appealing for this AR.

ujXIvrs.jpg

Top Bottom