• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Daezee and I went up to my property and did some shooting. The plan was 200 yards. But started at 25 because I had my new to me PTR 91 .308 to play with. Now don't laugh because yes I put an 1x spitfire on there and laser bore sighted it the night before. Why because it looked so lonely in the safe. LOL I have a few optics that just sit there waiting for a home. So was not expecting alot but the PTR 91 was there to impress today.

So we started at 25 yards to get the feel of this thing (PTR 91) on paper but high. Daezee said with two people we can do the quick sight in I hold where I was aiming and he moved the dot to the bullet hole. There is probably some fancy term for this but you get the picture. It's worked very well. Three shoots we were happy...

So moved to the 100 yard mark. Still shooting at paper. See pic below this is the target I was shooting at. At 100 yards it was pretty much the black dot (Not Illuminated) did not want that on covering the little red area so if the target was all black I kinda knew I was aiming center mast.

Well First shot at 100 yards dead hit in the center. Happy so we moved to the 200 yard mark. Forgot to add I was shooting suppressed after the first few. Gotta make sure a new gun to you is not gonna key-hole and cause possible suppressor damage.

Pics...

c62A0HH.jpg

b7WvOA8.jpg

So we get all setup at 200 yards fans going and all. Yes we live in Florida and it's hot. You can't shoot and not be comfy as possible. :)

Next Daezee shot his two 6.5 Creeds. He can come on and tell you all about it. I shot them also but I don't own one and know nothing about them.

So after he was done. The PTR 91 came back out. The joke was can I hit a 12" steel round plate at 200 yards with this PTR 91 and a 1x spitfire.

Well yes it can be done. Matter of fact did it the first time. Daezee shot it and also hit the plate. Looking through the 1x spitfire at a white 12" plate looked like an eclipse of the moon. Black dot in the middle and white all around... LOL

Some more pics from today. Enjoy...

axnX8xh.jpg

eCGKOEF.jpg

y1PS6O4.jpg

K6E5kAL.jpg

Dc1dtBO.jpg

nHHLR0z.jpg

3Ceut6s.jpg

MuPx7B8.jpg

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've kind of been gearing up to go shoot this weekend at ERGC... Nick from Title II Firearms and I are taking our wives out there Sunday morning for a little NFA range day.... I really wish they would let us shoot full auto out there, but ... we should have 10-12 cans, and SBR/SBS guns... if anyone is out there Sunday come say hey, and shoot some of these guns. I'll have plenty of ammo!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have no self control
    f1b3d8e7790ffd0b407c12420112ff91.jpg

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hahahaha, pics from the seat of your truck (or car) are the best. Can't even wait to get it home...
    Very nice.
    Oh yeah. I went in to Jim's firearms looking for a 1/2x28 piston, and came out with a new suppressor host.... even snuck it it in past the wife (or she was in a good mood because I cleaned the kitchen this morning and just didn't say anything lol)

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Went up to Jason's place this morning at O Dark Thirty. We Took a ride to Dixie RV and then came back and did a little shooting in this dreaded heat. I get to blame Jason for wanting a new camper. LOL naaa I trade them and pay cash every 2 to 3 years. Bad habit of mine!!! I was jealous of his auto level system... Gotta have that cool stuff!!!

Yes I still have that 1x spitfire on that PTR91... Waiting on box with new scope. Come on postal system!!!

Jason made some Vids he will post later.

He bought a new Ruger American .17 HMR and wanted to try it suppressed so I brought a few can's to play with.

Pics:

vCuf30b.jpg

Elc9MXt.jpg

oue4KWt.jpg

MrpcSx5.jpg

Some pretty birds...

NNTkPVC.jpg

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've been trying to tell Jason that shooting unsuppressed is for Neanderthals, but you know, him being the Bakerite that he is, probably takes it as a compliment! Lol

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've been trying to tell Jason that shooting unsuppressed is for Neanderthals, but you know, him being the Bakerite that he is, probably takes it as a compliment! Lol

He wants one... I will direct him as needed to get the proper one for most purposes. If I did it all over I would not own 8 of them. LOL but hey I started buying them back in 1999. :)

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Haha that's just Jason. He is not normal for sure.. Actually seems like Youtube has made it look like we are shooting left handed. Strange...

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I'm waiting to get a chance to shoot Bruce's new 350 Legend.
    I KNOW he's got one by now. --- SAWMAN

Darn it Sawman...I couldn't take the pressure from you any more, and a Ruger compact 350 Legend has been ordered! :yield: Ordered before Ruger discontinues it. No ammo, no bullets, no reloading dies, no scope, but Starline is sending me brass.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After I get moved next month, I need to get off my tail and finish my 357 max ar

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Good on ya.
    I have a Leupold 2-7X33 Heavy Duplex waiting to jump on top of my gun.
    Go ahead and order a EGW base also. Does it come with that screwy non-pic Ruger base that came on our RARR's ?? --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Haha that's just Jason. He is not normal for sure.. Actually seems like Youtube has made it look like we are shooting left handed. Strange...
    If he filmed it on an iPhone with forward facing camera, it mirrors the image/video...

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Good on ya.
    I have a Leupold 2-7X33 Heavy Duplex waiting to jump on top of my gun.
    Go ahead and order a EGW base also. Does it come with that screwy non-pic Ruger base that came on our RARR's ?? --- SAWMAN

Comes with a real sight base to the best of my knowledge.

Top Bottom