• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    No gun stuff for me today. The last time was almost three weeks ago when I went to the range to sight in my latest retro build and shoot my new M9A3. Still waiting on receivers for the retro build I have been waiting to complete. That will be a few more months yet. Who knows, I may go to the range again in a month or so. It is good to see others doing something on a fairly regular basis.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Have all the parts on order to put together a 300blk upper, while ordering stuff I saw that PSA had their phosphate 10.5in 5.56 complete upper for $200, BCG and CH included. Figure I might as well get that too haha.
    Got it Thursday and threw a DD rear sight on it just to keep it as simple as can be. Shoots pretty good and perfect size for my kids when they want to go shooting. Might be one of my favorite plinkers now.
    90ccc9df0665de1ccd1aa864af052dd9.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

What stock is that? It looks way better than my kak blade

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What stock is that? It looks way better than my kak blade
    It's SB PDW brace. https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbpdw/
    I paid $170 for it I think on the last Black Friday sales going on. It's nice and comfy to shoot but it's pretty heavy if weight is a big deal.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yesterday was a good day... after dumping a lot of stuff I don't use, I acquired a rifle I have wanted for a long time... and to make the day even sweeter, my tax stamp for my .22 can came in.
    ff913370957137232833cd1b0d1e1203.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Ordered dies and bullets to reload for my Swede M94/14 carbine. A friend gave me 75 pieces of 6.5x55 brass too!

punisher338

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Reloaded some .44mag for my new to me Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan so I can go play with it Thursday.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also came across a nice photo of the Swedish 1894 carbine rifle with Bayonet attached.. reminds me a little of how those Berthier carbines look with those French long sword bayonets on them..

Attachments

• stockholmpalaceguards.jpg
      stockholmpalaceguards.jpg
      221.5 KB · Views: 116

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have not researched this yet, but can that shoot normal surplus Swedish 6.5????

Yes it can. That is why it has a range plate glued on to show the different impact point of the later pointed bullet load vs the older round nose load that the sights were regulated for.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes it can. That is why it has a range plate glued on to show the different impact point of the later pointed bullet load vs the older round nose load that the sights were regulated for.

Did not fully realize that.. Many thanks for the Insite

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Also came across a nice photo of the Swedish 1894 carbine rifle with Bayonet attached.. reminds me a little of how those Berthier carbines look with those French long sword bayonets on them..

That is a pic of the Swedish 1st Cavalry Regiment in Stockholm that still carries the 1894 carbine. Note the cavalry boots and spurs. The ID disc on my carbine shows it came from that regiment. Why some carbines were surplussed when a unit still uses them, I don't know, unless they didn't need as many for their ceremonies. I found another pic which shows the palm side of their white gloves rather discolored from handling the carbines.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is a pic of the Swedish 1st Cavalry Regiment in Stockholm that still carries the 1894 carbine. Note the cavalry boots and spurs. The ID disc on my carbine shows it came from that regiment. Why some carbines were surplussed when a unit still uses them, I don't know, unless they didn't need as many for their ceremonies. I found another pic which shows the palm side of their white gloves rather discolored from handling the carbines.

Well I would guess pure numbers.. At one time they had 10s of thousands of Cavalry troops Now they only need a couple of 100 at best.. And those guns may not even be fireable.. They are just lookers...

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My 7.5" 5.56 bbl for my Robinson Armament XCR-L pistol arrived along with various small spare parts to keep on hand. A quick function test in the yard between rain showers showed flawless functioning. Now to test various loads for accuracy and sight it in with the 5.56 bbl. A bit of flame from the short bbl. For those unfamiliar with the XCR platform, simply locking the bolt back and loosening 1 bolt allows the bbl to be changed.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Well I would guess pure numbers.. At one time they had 10s of thousands of Cavalry troops Now they only need a couple of 100 at best.. And those guns may not even be fireable.. They are just lookers...

94manual600.jpg

I could not verify this, as I only have a pic of the manual cover, but supposedly inside this 2004 manual it says the M94/14 carbines are used for parades. Also found that in 2016 it was decided that the Royal Guards (varies between 50 and 60 soldiers at any given time) would use the carbines instead of the issue AK5 to avoid "repetitive strain injury".

Per the Swedish Military web site, "The Royal Guards and the Parade of Guards are amongst the most popular visitor attractions in Stockholm. An estimated 800,000 people visit the outer palace courtyard each year to watch ceremonies such as the Changing of the Guard and other state occasions – a number that continues to rise.

Changing of the Guard takes place every day of the year. However, the ceremonial march through central Stockholm, accompanied by a full military band, is usually only possible from May to August."

Attachments

• 94manual600.jpg
      94manual600.jpg
      108 KB · Views: 173

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    View attachment 66352

I could not verify this, as I only have a pic of the manual cover, but supposedly inside this 2004 manual it says the M94/14 carbines are used for parades. Also found that in 2016 it was decided that the Royal Guards (varies between 50 and 60 soldiers at any given time) would use the carbines instead of the issue AK5 to avoid "repetitive strain injury".

Per the Swedish Military web site, "The Royal Guards and the Parade of Guards are amongst the most popular visitor attractions in Stockholm. An estimated 800,000 people visit the outer palace courtyard each year to watch ceremonies such as the Changing of the Guard and other state occasions – a number that continues to rise.

Changing of the Guard takes place every day of the year. However, the ceremonial march through central Stockholm, accompanied by a full military band, is usually only possible from May to August."

You know that is a damn fine photo there... Very elegant in an inelegant world, Now I would not prefer that in battle though.... :) By the way that rascal looks cocked..

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Enlarged the pic...yep cocked with the safety on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom