• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ordered a Polymer80 Glock 17 size lower for Santa to give to me. Got it from Brownells for $110 after using coupon code NBM

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    CMC trigger and AimSports QR mount from Primary Arms came today. Ordered on the 21st and 23rd respectively, it was impressively fast shipping IMO.:thumb:

bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got my Black Pack if 9mm and 223 I ordered. Got my CMC trigger that was a Black Friday deal. Scheduled my CCW class for Dec 11th and my appointment for my CCW application for the 12th. Finally won’t have to do the 3 day wait when buying guns.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Slipped this Smith & Alexander Slim magwell on the RIA i picked up.

Magwell.jpg

LPI.jpg

swapped the recoil and firing pin spring while I was at it. Dang if it didn't take me 3 attempts to get the sear spring back right after it popped out.

20LPI MSH to match the 20LPI i plan on attempting on the front strap.

Attachments

• Magwell.jpg
      Magwell.jpg
      191 KB · Views: 152
    • LPI.jpg
      LPI.jpg
      214.9 KB · Views: 146

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I picked up a few things on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, including a bigger TV for my basement/dry fire area, and some wet tumbling equipment. If I like the wet tumbler, I'll probably get rid of my big Dillon vibratory tumbler.

NDShXXt.jpg

8RjrZ8g.jpg

bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Started getting parts in from BH shopping and built my AR pistol lower. Still haven’t decided if I am going to go with 556 or 300 BO for the upper yet. F4686189-93EC-4062-A61E-6BD3396195CB.jpg

Attachments

• F4686189-93EC-4062-A61E-6BD3396195CB.jpg
      F4686189-93EC-4062-A61E-6BD3396195CB.jpg
      207.3 KB · Views: 176

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just finished loading some light 38 specials for a S&W 1905 hand ejector I bought several weeks ago. The gun was manufactured in 1914, before they started heat treating the cylinders. I think 3.3gr of HP-38 under a 158gr LSWC should be a nice little plinking load.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rick1967

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A spon full of dawn and a little lemishine will work great, you won't need anything else. I sold my dry tumbler right after I got my wet one.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I tried just dawn and lemishine earlier and it didn't work all that great. Trying it again with the stainless pins now.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Recovering from shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago, I felt OK enough to do a little reloading. Resized and primed 100 6.5 Grendel cases...that went fine with very little discomfort. Actually, the reaching stretches the muscles, so that is good. Now, this coming Monday will be cataract surgery. Weather permitting tomorrow, I'll do groups with my Ruger Precision Rimfire, keep the targets and retry as soon as I think I can see well enough, and determine if I have to refocus the ocular sense on my scope and move the impact point back to where it is suppose to be....sorta a preliminary test to see if all my scoped rifles will need resighting and refocusing. Iron sights, red dot sights, machine-guns, and pistols will follow.

Doctor said no shooting restrictions, but I'm gonna start with rimfire anyway just to be extra safe.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Recovering from shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago, I felt OK enough to do a little reloading. Resized and primed 100 6.5 Grendel cases...that went fine with very little discomfort. Actually, the reaching stretches the muscles, so that is good. Now, this coming Monday will be cataract surgery. Weather permitting tomorrow, I'll do groups with my Ruger Precision Rimfire, keep the targets and retry as soon as I think I can see well enough, and determine if I have to refocus the ocular sense on my scope and move the impact point back to where it is suppose to be....sorta a preliminary test to see if all my scoped rifles will need resighting and refocusing. Iron sights, red dot sights, machine-guns, and pistols will follow.

Doctor said no shooting restrictions, but I'm gonna start with rimfire anyway just to be extra safe.
    Best of luck Daezee

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I installed a new set of Dawson Precision adjustable sights on my Glock 24C, finally dumping the original plastic ones. I got - Dawson Precision Glock 17L/24 Adjustable Sight Set - Black Rear & Fiber Optic Front.

Interestingly (at least to me) the OEM Glock front sight was not screwed in. It was plastic of course, but just pressed into the slide with a tenon split down the middle and some little ears on each side. I guess when pressed in it compressed and once in place the ears expanded to hold it in. I pretty much messed up the tenon removing it but no great loss. I'm no glock expert by any stretch, but I've build 80% frames and finished with Glock slides, and I'd never seen this before.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Finally got around to looking at my remington 870. My son complained of failure to fire a few times. The previous owner sprayed something on the bolt and firing pin that turned to a sticky goo. I cant believe it fired at all.

Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not today but this past Saturday. I was finally able to get to the Steelfeild range. It had been months since I was able to go, but the wife forced my hand (I love that woman). Brought the Makarov, 1911, SKS, and AK underfolder. Had a blast. I put about 150 rounds down each gun except the SKS. Only about 60 through that one. The weather was crap but there was still a decent amount of people there. I also looked into doing some volunteer work there. They will teach me to perform RSO duties and I will be able to get involved in range maintenance stuff. For every 8 hours of volunteer time I get a free visit to the range. It should take me about a year to earn that free day but I think it should be fun.

fl8216

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Added to my family this weekend, Beretta M1935 32ACP
    m1935.jpg

Attachments

• m1935.jpg
      m1935.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 175
    Top Bottom