Page 835 of 835 FirstFirst ... 335735785810825831832833834835
Results 8,341 to 8,350 of 8350
    Brother in law visiting from OR. He was LE back in the day and never budged from .357 revolvers, not really a gun guy. We picked out a six pack and went to the Range the next day. Slow start due to learning curve with pistols but ended well. He liked the Glocks simplicity so he might convert later on. He and his wife are retired and doing the full time RV traveling thing so he won't be on home turf to buy another handgun for awhile. This reminds me, I better talk to them about checking gun laws in States they travel to/though. Wouldn't want them to spend time in crapholes like N.J. and get arrested for unregistered handguns and hollow points.

Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

New Pew video, now with more sound effects!

I learn the hard way.

Resident trigger snob.

My YouTube Channel <--- Link

Tested more Blackout loads in my Ruger Takedown AR. Think I've found the load for hunting. 20.1gr H110, Barnes 110gr black tip, Wolf KVB223M primer, LC formed brass, 2.25" oal, mild crimp. Gives 2402fps average velocity at 4' from the chronograph. 100yd groups of 1.04" and 1.26". Now to sight it 1.5" high at 100yd. Tried the Barnes bullets and my 2nd favorite deer hunting bullet, the Nosler 125gr Ballistic Tip. Tried CCI #400 and Wolf KVB223M (their .223 primer) primers. Glad the Barnes shot accurate, as it's a heck of a bullet in my experience for deer, hogs, and coyotes.

PS. Does anyone have one of the new for 2018 S&W Shield .380 EZ pistols? If yes, what do you think of it?

Thanks,

4. 2 Like Daezee's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Daezee View Post
    PS. Does anyone have one of the new for 2018 S&W Shield .380 EZ pistols? If yes, what do you think of it?
    Thanks,
    When the Mfg says "some ammo" creates a recoil that shifts the manual Safety to "ON"... I think thats not too good when the ammo is within SAAMI Spec for for the hangun and its a .380APC! Mfg has a free of charge fix... kinda: says it will make it "less susceptible". That just isn't good enough in my book.
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/mp-380-...sumer-advisory

I read another comment stating: with one in the chamber, a mag with eight rounds will not seat against the closed slide, mag with seven rounds will. Can't confirm if that is truely a gun/mag problem or a user issue.
    Last edited by wildrider666; 05-22-2018 at 02:01 AM. Reason: add more info
    Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

12 GA
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrider666 View Post
    When the Mfg says "some ammo" creates a recoil that shifts the manual Safety to "ON"... I think thats not too good when the ammo is within SAAMI Spec for for the hangun and its a .380APC! Mfg has a free of charge fix... kinda: says it will make it "less susceptible". That just isn't good enough in my book.
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/mp-380-...sumer-advisory

I read another comment stating: with one in the chamber, a mag with eight rounds will not seat against the closed slide, mag with seven rounds will. Can't confirm if that is truely a gun/mag problem or a user issue.
    Ive never had a firearm shift the safety ON is that something that happens with some firearms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 3 men & a boat View Post
    I’ve never had a firearm shift the safety “ON” is that something that happens with some firearms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think there have been a few others that did the same "fatal flaw". If you remove the human element and it occurs, thats mfg design failure. Often a similar complaint is actually caused by the shooters grip moving the lever during recoil: could be design, ergonomics interface or user issue.
    Wild Rider

8. Likes wildrider666's Post:

I was cleaning my 1911 I shot last weekend at the USPSA match. I noticed the rear sight was jacked up due to a broken pin. No wonder it was hard hitting the long shots.

Name:  Sight_LI.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  540.7 KB
    Politicians are like wet farts- you just can't trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Port View Post
    I was cleaning my 1911 I shot last weekend at the USPSA match. I noticed the rear sight was jacked up due to a broken pin. No wonder it was hard hitting the long shots.

Name:  Sight_LI.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  540.7 KB
    What exactly is the purpose of the rear sight? Asking for a friend...
    I learn the hard way.

Resident trigger snob.

My YouTube Channel <--- Link

11. 2 Like TennJeep1618's Post:

45 ACP
    The fact that you had a messed up rear sight but were still able to hit the long shots is very impressive in my opinion.

The rear sight are for old farts like me. You on the other hand visualize your shots and use brain waves to direct the projectile to its intended targets. LOL
    Politicians are like wet farts- you just can't trust them.

14. 3 Like Gas Port's Post: