• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sweet. Without using my Google skills, upgrades of this over the STI?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    It's a complete custom built gun. The slide feels like it's on bearings, it has a longer recoil stroke than most normal 1911/2011's, it has a sleeved barrel to add static weight, pinned grip safety, trigger job, etc.
    Ughhhh, 40 short and wimpy. Only place it belongs is on ranges punching paper targets! :bolt:
    I generally agree about 40 S&W, but it's the most competitive cartridge in USPSA Limited division.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's a complete custom built gun. The slide feels like it's on bearings, it has a longer recoil stroke than most normal 1911/2011's, it has a sleeved barrel to add static weight, pinned grip safety, trigger job, etc.I generally agree about 40 S&W, but it's the most competitive cartridge in USPSA Limited division.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not a problem. I have just never been able to take a liking to that caliber.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got my SIG MPX pistol back. At round #2396 the firing pin had broken at the tip.

MPX shipped to SIG last Monday. MPX delivered back to me today (Monday). Just test fired it in the yard, and it functioned fine. Put back in/on my aftermarket brace, optic, and LaRue trigger group. Fast service on SIG's part.

Paperwork says, "Inspected the pistol, replaced the bolt carrier, firing pin and spring, extractor spring and gas valve, test fired with no malfunctions."

No idea why extractor spring and gas valve were replaced, but new parts are fine with me. Will probably re-sight it in this afternoon. I'll also be ordering an aftermarket firing pin and spring to keep on hand.

Thats another fantastic turn-around time! My 556 Bolt pin fix was the same. Refreshing to have great Service. I'm sure it's different when they have a stacks of P320s in for the drop check upgrade. Lol Thanks for the update.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Went to Kevdive's and brought my Remington M700 light tactical 6.8SPC rifle. I believe it's a somewhat scarce model (this is not the long heavy bbl model Remington first offered) that Remington made a few of and stopped. It took me quite a while, working on and off (mostly "off" just not doing anything with it) with it over a few years to find a load it likes and how to shoot it accurately off the bench. Bench rest bags, front and rear have to be lined up with the target (not canted or at an angle) such that the rifle, upon firing, goes straight back into your shoulder.

I had worked up a load (Hornady 120gr SST bullets) and sighted it 1.5" high at 100yd, but had not fired it farther. Calculated drop at 200yd was 2". Sure enough, today at 200yd it hit 2" below the point of aim. I am happy with it now. My brother is selling his Georgia farm and moving to Utah, so this year could be my last deer hunting there. I might take the Rem M700 6.8 rifle for one of my deer.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Went to Kevdive's and brought my Remington M700 light tactical 6.8SPC rifle. I believe it's a somewhat scarce model (this is not the long heavy bbl model Remington first offered) that Remington made a few of and stopped. It took me quite a while, working on and off (mostly "off" just not doing anything with it) with it over a few years to find a load it likes and how to shoot it accurately off the bench. Bench rest bags, front and rear have to be lined up with the target (not canted or at an angle) such that the rifle, upon firing, goes straight back into your shoulder.

I had worked up a load (Hornady 120gr SST bullets) and sighted it 1.5" high at 100yd, but had not fired it farther. Calculated drop at 200yd was 2". Sure enough, today at 200yd it hit 2" below the point of aim. I am happy with it now. My brother is selling his Georgia farm and moving to Utah, so this year could be my last deer hunting there. I might take the Rem M700 6.8 rifle for one of my deer.

Here are some pics from today.

Also nice seeing JJ (Oneshot) again. Thanks for stopping by.

tJ9ZNSE.jpg

WXPl8Qw.jpg

PzP2RvW.jpg

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Hitman and I set up my new toy yesterday!

Attachments

• 20180510_161656.jpg
      20180510_161656.jpg
      297.6 KB · Views: 144
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom