• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Update on the SIG MPX broken firing pin. I was told mine is an early Gen II. I have to send it back and they will go over the gun, install a new bolt carrier, firing pin, and firing pin spring. They pay the shipping. I wish they'd simply send me the parts and I return the old parts, but oh well.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An Internet search finds several instances of MPX firing pin breakage at the tip. It seems to be on the Gen II MPX's. It appears there's enough breakage that an aftermarket company is making MPX firing pins now, but their design is for the bolt carrier and firing pins that use a firing pin spring. My MPX bolt carrier was not designed for that spring. Some users report that SIG then sends them a new bolt carrier and spring and firing pin.

At round #926 I noticed the tip of my firing pin appeared to have a slight bend in it, but was working OK so I just left it. And, of course yesterday it broke upon firing round #2396. At the break point, it appears brittle. No discoloration. View attachment 63406 View attachment 63407

Will update post after contacting SIG.

I blew up the pics, sure is a shattered tip (brittle break) and not a deformation (soft/wear). Either a material or heat treatment issue. I've only had to use Sig Customer Service once: they sent prepaid packaging for a bolt/carrier that would not come apart per the manual. Mailed on Day one and recieved it back on Day 7! I couldn't believe turnaround was so fast. It was fixed not replaced as it had my marking on it that I use to keep parts with the right Sig 556 since I have several.

I hope you get a quick resolution on te issue. Let us know about the fix and how Sig CS worked out.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought another Sig 556: a used Patrol SWAT Folder. I'll be running around in PCB Bike Week madness through Sun. Next week, I hope to get the Sig cleaned up and mount a VXIII 6.5×20 for accuracy testing and will see how it fits in the pecking order. With a "new to me" gun: I always inspect the first fired case closely for gun issues then proceed with 4 more for the first group and inspect those case too. After that I don't worry about cases unless there is a stoppage of some type. I'll put a couple hundred rounds through it over the next few week to ensure reliability before assigning/swapping an appropriate optic and putting it on the active duty roster. Lol

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Daezee and I met up at the property and did some shooting. He tested his Mattel AR and we shot my HK's. Fun Morning!!!

I also flew the DJI Mavic Pro Plat drone a little.

Here is a video of the Mavic taking off in enhanced sport mode. Yes I have modded and setup my own parameters in this unit you will not get this out of the box. Just can't have things stock. LOL

https://youtu.be/XJHXKmWZUa4

Lu7y5jH.jpg

Q8R12W9.jpg

0DrwHlb.jpg

LO3VwO6.jpg

Last edited:

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pulled out a few firearms I have had stored for years and listed them up for sale since they are doing me no good stored and me not firing them!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I had finished installing SIG P210 fixed sights (of such a height that the pistol would no longer shoot so high) on my SIG P210 and sighted it in for windage yesterday with the aid of a P210 sight pusher tool. Today at Ken's I simply enjoyed the pleasure of being able to have my bullets go where I aimed Vs hitting way high (guess the Swiss intended to shoot at targets far away with their 210's). I've had the 210 for many years, but it always shot so high that mainly it sat in the safe. Found a guy in Arizona that had the fixed rear sight and proper height front sight to match my shooting.

Here's the result of 84 shots, offhand, just enjoying hitting steel, not trying for a small group. Was even using pulled bullets (pulled tracer bullets with the tracer compound removed and Deep pull marks).

Any other P210 owners on the forum?

15254435981000.jpg

Attachments

• 15254435981000.jpg
      15254435981000.jpg
      202.5 KB · Views: 183

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ran some rounds through a full auto lower that my good buddy Nick assembled through his SOT license. The Daniel Defense upper I got from Daezee ran like a champ.

Having trouble uploading video.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ran some rounds through a full auto lower that my good buddy Nick assembled through his SOT license. The Daniel Defense upper I got from Daezee ran like a champ.

Having trouble uploading video.

I thought I was doing something putting a can on 300blk, till I saw ya'll videos...sigh haha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I thought I was doing something putting a can on 300blk, till I saw ya'll videos...sigh haha

The poor 5.56 upper only lasted about 7 mags before we blew a hole in the gas block. *♂️*♂️

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The poor 5.56 upper only lasted about 7 mags before we blew a hole in the gas block. *♂️*♂️

Yeah that's a lot of heat build up. Still cool though.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It was a cheap upper. No name gas block so no big deal. You can tell in the video, the cyclic rate slows down considerably then you see it blow.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got my SIG MPX pistol back. At round #2396 the firing pin had broken at the tip.

MPX shipped to SIG last Monday. MPX delivered back to me today (Monday). Just test fired it in the yard, and it functioned fine. Put back in/on my aftermarket brace, optic, and LaRue trigger group. Fast service on SIG's part.

Paperwork says, "Inspected the pistol, replaced the bolt carrier, firing pin and spring, extractor spring and gas valve, test fired with no malfunctions."

No idea why extractor spring and gas valve were replaced, but new parts are fine with me. Will probably re-sight it in this afternoon. I'll also be ordering an aftermarket firing pin and spring to keep on hand.

Top Bottom