• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Daezee and I meet at property yesterday and shot my newest MP5 project. All good so far. Shot some other guns also :)

FWbjoiM.jpg

ZLiEtgA.jpg

4Wqob90.jpg

89b9WxM.jpg

You guys are having entirely to much fun! I’m envious as hell. :peace:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The top pic shows the shooting bench I made with Ken's donated wood and screws. Off the the right is the dolly used to move the bench in and out of storage. We wanted something heavy and sturdy, and it fit the bill.

The MP5 SBR shot so well!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Thanks to member fir, I now have a Swiss 1911 Infantry Rifle made in 1917. Took it to the range today with 6 loadings with pulled USGI M160 108gr frangible bullets. Rifles don't always like those frangibles, but this Swiss 1911 did. Every load grouped well, so I picked the load that shot closest to where the sights were aimed elevation-wise. Bonus: Full length case resizing is not needed, just put it into the sizing die just enough to punch out the primer and resize about .1" of the case neck. No lubing seemed to be needed when punching out the primer, but I think I'll just put a dab on the neck just to be sure.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally got the last one of the pair of Armadillos that have been eating up my yard and digging holes. I'm going to admit that I hated doing it too. Hell, he was just trying to eat and survive in a pretty tough world. Been better off if he'd have eaten somewhere else though.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve been invaded with them at the farm , I’ve gotten 14 or 15 of them in the last 6 months. I’m starting to think someone is trapping them at other locations and releasing them on my place.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks to member fir, I now have a Swiss 1911 Infantry Rifle made in 1917. Took it to the range today with 6 loadings with pulled USGI M160 108gr frangible bullets. Rifles don't always like those frangibles, but this Swiss 1911 did. Every load grouped well, so I picked the load that shot closest to where the sights were aimed elevation-wise. Bonus: Full length case resizing is not needed, just put it into the sizing die just enough to punch out the primer and resize about .1" of the case neck. No lubing seemed to be needed when punching out the primer, but I think I'll just put a dab on the neck just to be sure.

I had a Swiss 98/11 for about 10 years. It was a very accurate rifle and like most of them was well matained. Shot surplus and Norma back then. Mine had a weak spot: the bolt stop/release cracked and broke in half at the "hook". One of my Marines was racking the crap out of the straight-pull bolt at the time. Good thing he was a talented welder. He cut, filled and reblued it so well you would not notice the area was repaired. Put a few hundred rounds through it after that without a problem. Nothing is Marine Proof. Lol

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Finally got the last one of the pair of Armadillos that have been eating up my yard and digging holes. I'm going to admit that I hated doing it too. Hell, he was just trying to eat and survive in a pretty tough world. Been better off if he'd have eaten somewhere else though.

Saw another dillo digging on the other side of my chain link fence at night with thermal. Thought about getting on the other side, but thought "naw, what are the odds of the bullet hitting the fence?". Got close and waited until the dillo was lined up such that the frangible bullet would go the length of the body and drop the dillo right there. Well the dillo took off very fast at the shot, ran into the side of one of my goat houses, scared the goats who ran out of their dog houses wondering what was attacking, ran down the fence line and into the woods. No blood; no body; no bullet hole in the ground. In the daylight I carefully looked at the fence and found one bent link of the fence with frangible bullet dust on it...my frangible bullet hit the link and disintegrated into dust. So what were the odds?...apparently enough.

Congrats on your dillo kill.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I’ve tried everything to get the ones destroying my yard but no luck. Don’t have thermal so tried poison, trap, filling the main hole etc. Did get lucky and shot a small one who came out about dusk but that’s it.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to the range but it was so hot my 1911 would not feed due to the ammo expanding and would not chamber. I covered the magazines to cool them off and it helped for a few rounds but started miss feeding again. Too hot out there.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This is a new one on me.
    Were you fully awake ?? ( zzzzzzzzzzzz !! ) ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes I was fully awake and they ran in my Glock but not in the tight chamber of a target 1911. And yes I ran each round through a head space gauge before loading them in a magazine. When I shot hi-power rifle we use to cover our barrels/receiver and ammo where the rifle would function properly.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve been invaded with them at the farm , I’ve gotten 14 or 15 of them in the last 6 months. I’m starting to think someone is trapping them at other locations and releasing them on my place.

Hey Buddy don't feel like the Lone Ranger, right before dark I was out in the yard and found fresh holes. I am now the happy owner of a THIRD one. I may move to Maine or somewhere.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had heard they taste like pork and there shell makes a good hand basket from what I saw while in Mexico

I was at a party in the Mississippi Delta years ago and a guy cooked up some 'dillo and beaver. I ate some of both and the beaver wasn't bad but I didn't like the armadillo much. A doctor buddy of mine said they carry Leprosy so I don't eat them any longer and handle the ones I shoot with gloves.

Top Bottom