• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I spent yesterday evening moving the safe around the house due to a temporary housing situation. I forgot how much stuff was stacked in there. Needless to say, I hope it's awhile before I have to move it again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Spent part of yesterday cleaning out the safe room for the alarm tech to get to the alarm system. Found several boxes of what I assume to be ammo that I forgot I had. It was like Christmas in March.

Idoono

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up my BCM RECCE yesterday and installed my CMC trigger. Overall this gun feels in the hand much better than my previous DDM4V7. Glad I went with BCM. Future mod might be an eotech or aimpoint pro. Magnifier adds a lot of extra weight i don't want.
    74316bd2232c96cd68449635011bf36b.jpg

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Picked up my BCM RECCE yesterday and installed my CMC trigger. Overall this gun feels in the hand much better than my previous DDM4V7. Glad I went with BCM. Future mod might be an eotech or aimpoint pro. Magnifier adds a lot of extra weight i don't want.
    74316bd2232c96cd68449635011bf36b.jpg

Nice rifle, go with a LPVO and don't look back. Depending on budget I recommend the Steiner Px4i.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Had a decent day at the range, despite the wind. Got two new to me rough sighted in with solid 25 yard zeros and played more with my SU-16A to get more comfortable and competent with it.

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cleaned out my gun bags and organized them. Then stared at my 4 babies...also got my tulster mag holder. Really like the quality in these ones.
    34c9fee213f1806df33011671323819d.jpg
    1f3b842d71769e03a64bb005de179562.jpg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Wolf A1 (Taiwanese T91) 5.56 upper arrived about 45 minutes ago. Cleaned the bore, removed the shipping oil from the piston gas system and put a little LSA on the moving part of the piston system and spring. Scrubbed the chamber. Properly lubed the BCG. It went right on the M16 lower (I don't intend to normally use it on that lower, as it will be going on the 80% T91 lower when that is finished).

Fired 2 shots single, and both locked back the bolt on the empty mag. Fired 5 shots full auto; no malfunctions. Used some Malyasian 5.56 for that short test. Empties ejected about 4 o'clock. It comes with a M16 style bolt carrier, so I figured it'd work the auto lower just fine.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    New neighbor asked if that was me shooting full auto. Yep. He is a deputy. Already had permission to take goats there. Now have permission to ride my utv there. After their house is built wife and I are invited to a crab boil and gonna bring machineguns to shoot.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I previously said I wouldn’t pay $9 to get in a gun show but I thought it was gonna rain all day plus I needed some 44 mag and 45 LC ammo.
    I saved about 3 times the price of admission by buying ammo from Georgia Arms.
    Also picked up a 20 round Pmag.
    Not a bad show. I made an offer on a S&W model 60 to that guy that has all the nice Smiths but he wasn’t budging a nickel. Wasn’t something I had to have.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Yesterday, I picked up the SIG 556 that R.T. had for sale. Today, I mounted an Aimpoint Comp M2 on it in a A.R.M.S. #22M68 mount that I had laying around for years. Here is the whole SIG SAUER rifle family now.

SIG 516 w/ LaRue Tactical MBT-2S and VORTEX SPARC AR
    SIG 556 w/Aimpoint Comp M2 and A.R.M.S. #22M68 mount
    SIG MCX w/ALG ACT and VORTEX SPARC AR

MQsyCPy.jpg

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finished this rifle and never really went out to shoot it. Finally drove up into the hills and put a couple hundred through it. Don't have a ton of experience with scopes but got it zeroed eventually and took it out to a couple hundred yards. Rifle functioned perfectly. Was wanting to go further but trekking up the valley in the snow to move/ check my target was getting extremely tiring and really making my shots get wider and wider. I'll be saving up for a spotting scope for sure. Great morning though, haven't gone and shot since I moved out here.
    8905b6eacef381465284cb9dbc977b7f.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finished this rifle and never really went out to shoot it. Finally drove up into the hills and put a couple hundred through it. Don't have a ton of experience with scopes but got it zeroed eventually and took it out to a couple hundred yards. Rifle functioned perfectly. Was wanting to go further but trekking up the valley in the snow to move/ check my target was getting extremely tiring and really making my shots get wider and wider. I'll be saving up for a spotting scope for sure. Great morning though, haven't gone and shot since I moved out here.
    8905b6eacef381465284cb9dbc977b7f.jpg

Where is here, Great morning though, haven't gone and shot since I moved out here. ?

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pocatello Idaho. Also right after that picture. I turned around to grab a couple more mags out of my bag and the rifle took a tople off the rocks. Got some nice scratches on the scope and rifle. Oh well, guess it's all mine now, can't take it back.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ouch, on the rifle tumble. That stuff happens when you play hard too. You might want to recheck all scope mounting fastners after your first range session with it. If any move your Zero may have shifted (the drop could cause shift also).

You can get a optical grid type bore sight (BS) fairly cheap. Obviously it can be used on an initial scope installation to get you "close". After you get your true ballistic 100 Yd/M Zero, install the BS again and document where your crosshairs now centers on the grid (Up or Down X.X and R or L X.X.). You can do the same check/document your true ballistic Zero for every range distanct you want. From then on, if you have a oops, need to pull the scope, fly out on a hunt, whatever: you can check that your scope is holding the set Zero@XXX Distance. Results will be accurate as long as the same ammo is used, other ammo Point Of Impact will shift. Not all scope 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 windage and elevation adjustments accurately and consistently move the crosshairs equal to the listed Value, the bore sighter can help check that too.

I hope to visit Family in Idaho later this year.

Top Bottom