• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The big brown truck showed up with my 10.5" olive drab Shockwave pistol kit from PSA. Now just waiting for a special Christmas lower to come out. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      706 KB · Views: 139

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I did a thing:
    MV5nEdm.jpg

but then this happened:

I actually bought it from MidwayUSA, not Mark 7, so I'm probably going to have to call both of them tomorrow to figure out the best way to fix the situation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Received and set up my new Ruger Ranch Rifle in 7.62x39. Still have to add the Harris ULTRALIGHT bipod that I just figured out how to mount on it.

Attachments

• RARR with Battle Dog suppressor (1).jpg
      RARR with Battle Dog suppressor (1).jpg
      95.5 KB · Views: 127
    Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Let's see; the legs go toward the end the boolits come out of, right Bill?

Would have installed it earlier, but after checking the Harris sight I had to Google to see how the rail mount converted to be a sling stud mount. Harris makes a versatile product.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    got a 'dillo last night with with my Marlin 22 magnum. Got one more in my pasture on a wanted poster.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Will be interesting to see what that RARR will do with quality ammo or hand loads. Mine is a shooter,fer shur.
    The legs go towards the end that goes . . . "poof". --- SAWMAN

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Will be interesting to see what that RARR will do with quality ammo or hand loads. Mine is a shooter,fer shur.
    The legs go towards the end that goes . . . "poof". --- SAWMAN

I have some Hornady SST 123 grain to sight it in with, so we will see how it does.

I also scored some Midway 7.62x39 SP loads during a visit to JJ. Brass case stamped Hornady. Seems in the early '80s to mid-90's they were selling hunting loads for the early SKS and AK fans. Be interesting to see how well those shoot.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Have you worked the trigger ?? Just wondering what the pull weight on it is.
    We checked the trigger on Bruce's gun before we lightened it but can't remember what it was from factory.
    No telling what you will find at jj's. I went out there looking for some "stuff" awhile back. I really did not know what I needed and jj did not know if he had it.
    I told him to lock me in,go away,come back in two hours,everything that I want to buy will be stacked by the door. I will just back my truck up to the door,load it in,pay him,and we'll do lunch. Of course . . . i'll pay. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Have you worked the trigger ?? Just wondering what the pull weight on it is.
    We checked the trigger on Bruce's gun before we lightened it but can't remember what it was from factory.
    No telling what you will find at jj's. I went out there looking for some "stuff" awhile back. I really did not know what I needed and jj did not know if he had it.
    I told him to lock me in,go away,come back in two hours,everything that I want to buy will be stacked by the door. I will just back my truck up to the door,load it in,pay him,and we'll do lunch. Of course . . . i'll pay. ---- SAWMAN

I have dry fired it several times. It seems to be breaking around 4 lbs, and is crisp with minimal travel. I will get it sighted in and decide on any trigger lightening after that. Wish it was adjustable without removing the stock.

JJ's shop is definitely an interesting place for a gun lover. I told him it would take a gunsmith archaeologist to identify every thing in his shop. Did enjoy a lunch with him at the Royal, a good homemade tasting bacon cheeseburger.

After getting the ammo, I left when I ran out of cash! LOL, if that vintage Midway ammo shoots good I will have to go back if JJ finds more of it.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Would reccomend - - -> pull the action out of the stock . . Clean and lightly re oil the action but not where the "V" blocks contact the action. My gun was fairly dirty between stock and action . . Wipe the "V" blocks with alcohol . . Start both screws . . When you feel the slighest resistance on the front screw,tighten the aft screw to 60 inch pounds,then tighten the fwd screw the same . . check safety for proper function . . check for clearance of bbl at fwd end of stock. Make sure it still "floats".
    Practice until your gun will outshoot my gun. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did the trigger job on a Ruger American Ranch in 300BLK , it now breaks cleanly at just under two pounds. The accuracy is outstanding . Especially for a inexpensive rifle. This one takes AR magazines , that’s the reason for acquiring it. It has a lot of machine work on the bolt and receiver , I think it would be cost prohibitive to try to alter a standard ruger magazine model to accept AR magazines. All in all it’s a great rifle and I like the fact that it uses inexpensive easy to find magazines.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pictures 7E11A11B-A4F4-4CE9-8CED-467E1891AAC9.jpg C4CCC948-CEF8-4382-9A28-E422C228502C.jpg

Attachments

• 7E11A11B-A4F4-4CE9-8CED-467E1891AAC9.jpg
      7E11A11B-A4F4-4CE9-8CED-467E1891AAC9.jpg
      202.4 KB · Views: 138
    • C4CCC948-CEF8-4382-9A28-E422C228502C.jpg
      C4CCC948-CEF8-4382-9A28-E422C228502C.jpg
      305.9 KB · Views: 139

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Trigger pulling is certainly a perishable skill. After an almost four month hiatus due to work and house moving, I made it out to CORE to dust off the pistols. I'm not completely surprised and expected to be rusty. In all fairness this is with a my 2.0 compact and not the rmr M&P I typically shoot, but either way... the Dot Torture test don't lie...
    48aefa312d4835d214c81118ab6d9e2c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I need some trigger time myself...my buddy keeps asking...why is that first on halfway to the edge and the other 2 are right there in the middle.

Finished up installing the Arcalock rail I picked up from Area 419. Didn't feel the need for barrier support just yet, but I did get it out there some I to get a spigot type mount I was looking for. The new Atlas should do fine out there.

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2061.JPG

Also finished the "Ugly Bitch" up. There was a spot on both sides in the middle of the mag well that loaded mags drug on just a little too much to suit me. She might be ready to go fast know.
    IMG_2063.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2060.jpg
      IMG_2060.jpg
      20.6 KB · Views: 126
    • IMG_2061.JPG
      IMG_2061.JPG
      78.7 KB · Views: 126
    • IMG_2063.jpg
      IMG_2063.jpg
      95.5 KB · Views: 128

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Took an AR in 5.56 out to verify it's sighted in for deer hunting next month. Never can make up my mind what to take, so I take at least 3 rifles and carry a different one each time I go out to the hunting area, so I've ended up taking deer with a variety of calibers and rifles.

So I'm trying to get it 1.5" high at 100yd. Haven't changed the sights or ammo, yet the "groups" at 100yd are oval, going from 1 o'clock to the 7 o'clock direction. I am not that bad of a shot off a bench rest with no wind. All of a sudden it dawns on me I've not adjusted the rest to a proper height and the pistol grip is touching the bench surface. I raise the rest, the pistol grip no longer touches the bench, the group shrinks and is right where I want it.

DSCN3578.JPG

See the 3 shots around the number "10"...that's POI I wanted 1.5" above the center of the target. See the top 3 shots, the bottom 3 shots and the 1 shot to the right of the 3 shots at the number 10...that was a 7 shot group until the pistol grip was no longer making contact with the bench. The last 3 at the 10 were when the pistol grip was no longer touching the bench.

I know the grip is not supposed to touch so the rifle can have consistent recoil going straight back; I just wasn't thinking about it. With my load and 1.5" high at 100yd it is supposed to be right on at 200yd. I didn't put up a target at 200yd, but there was a piece of wood on the 200yd backstop. Looked to be about 2" wide and 6" long. Fired at the middle 3 times and all 3 times it jumped. Whether I hit it or was very close, I don't know, but good for the 225 max yd of where I hunt.

Attachments

• DSCN3578.JPG
      DSCN3578.JPG
      29.8 KB · Views: 118
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom