• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    after 5 shots mine is a little too hot to check

I also have four other magazines on my plate carrier located in the front. The ones on the leg rig are spares should they be needed.

My carrier has 4 up front that are not bungee. I might like to change it and add pistol mags similar to what you have. I like an iFAK there too. My drop leg rig is modified Safariland with level II for my XDm, but just a holster change and I could run something else. It rides kinda mid in a way. On the other leg I use and older Maxpedition mag carrier that holds AR and pistol mags...it is no longer made.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Took the Savage 110 Tactical out today and shot at 300yd. Calculated bullet drop was right on, but bullets hit a little to the right. 1 click left, repainted the steel target and fired a 5 shot group. Now measuring a group on steel is not as precise as measuring hits on paper, but the group was approximately 1 1/4". Fired a few shots without hearing protection (suppressor in place) so the guys and I could really enjoy the WACK on the steel plate. A friend tried my load in his Savage 110 Tactical 6.5 Creedmoor, but the results were only so-so, not good enough to pursue further for him.

DSCN3615.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3615.JPG
      DSCN3615.JPG
      61.2 KB · Views: 189

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Over tightening is a real thing. On a side note, I picked up a BCM rail at a decent price...smh
    ec714407b7eea8adac069ed4db4d9eec.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    fullsizeoutput_41b5.jpeg

Correct "tactical" bolt handle arrived from Savage. Easy to install. Now I can be more Tactical-Cool.

Wednesday was my first day of shooting iron sighted rifles after cataract surgery. Wearing weak -1.00 reading glasses to make the sights a little sharper, yet not distort the distant targets too much (so far, OK for plinking at 34 yd), I found each of the 2 rifles needed 2 clicks to the right. One needed 1 click down, and the other was OK for elevation. I'll now need to try irons at longer ranges. Ordering reading glasses with -1 on the bottom and clear lens on top to see how that works.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_41b5.jpeg
      fullsizeoutput_41b5.jpeg
      29 KB · Views: 155

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks good Droshki. Classic look!

Thanks. I was a little leary because I couldn't find any stain colored like that, and the interwebs said use rit dye and food coloring..and I was like ummm... But I'm happy with it.

I wanna do some more, and replace some of my underfolder plastic handguards with wood ones like that. I looked at the store again for stain, and no joy, but I think the natural variation of just adding the food coloring to the stain will make it different enough to have variety each time. Ill be glad to purchase some wood handguards from any member that has some laying around. Surplus sites seems silly expensive and rarely offer both pieces together. This is how I learned Red had passed, I knew he kept handguards like that laying around.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    down around Ft Myers and got lucky enough to catch a gun show at the civic center. Pretty big show but like every thing else down this way pretty pricy. $5 for parking and $10 to get in show if you were NRA or had a mil-ID. Grabbed a few parts for my AR build. Lots of the same vendors we see up our way.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Red passed?

It's not something that he told people, but when Art was younger, he survived leukemia. However, the bone marrow transplant left him with a compromised immune system. When he contracted a lung infection in December, his body was unable to fight it off.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    It's not something that he told people, but when Art was younger, he survived leukemia. However, the bone marrow transplant left him with a compromised immune system. When he contracted a lung infection in December, his body was unable to fight it off.

This is saddening. I never knew that Art had these issues. Although I only met him once, he was a nice guy. We had a few conversations online that were really pleasant. He will be missed.

SGB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I made these .....

appendix carry 1.JPG
    appendix carry 3.JPG
    IMG_3997.JPG
    IMG_3999.JPG

Attachments

• appendix carry 1.JPG
      appendix carry 1.JPG
      78.1 KB · Views: 185
    • appendix carry 3.JPG
      appendix carry 3.JPG
      55.3 KB · Views: 185
    • IMG_3997.JPG
      IMG_3997.JPG
      322 KB · Views: 182
    • IMG_3999.JPG
      IMG_3999.JPG
      325 KB · Views: 185

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wife and I went to the range today and heated up the old SKS for the first time in a while. She still shoots better than me....damnit.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wife and I went to the range today and heated up the old SKS for the first time in a while. She still shoots better than me....damnit.

I assume her better accuracy with the SKS is the result of the short stock fitting her better than you. At least that's the excuse I would use. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom