• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I shot a USPSA match yesterday in Vinegar Bend. I left a bunch of points on the table, but I was consistent enough to come out with an overall win:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I managed to get the feed issues on my new to me Marlin 1894 in .44 Rem Mag solved

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    did the silicone oil pretreat to my rimfire can today. Put about 3 hours into cleaning 8 baffles before to ensure clean as a whistle, also cleaned interior of tube to best of my ability. Pre-heated in oven and soaked in DOT5 silicone brake fluid for about 2 hours. Removed from DOT5 and let sit and "drip dry" for about 2 hours before wiping dry and reassembling. Will put about 200rds through it and clean to test effectiveness sometime soon.

Cleaning a rimfire can is so damn tedious (if you want it "new" clean), it almost makes it not worth shooting, hah! Hoping this pre-treat makes a difference. If not, it will get cleaned regularly, but I wont be concerned about being "new" clean anymore.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spent two hours stripping the cosmoline out of my new-to-me Mosin 91/30. Thanks Ed for the beautiful new toy.

been kinda/sorte looking for a clean 91/30 lately. Have had 2 in the past, currently have an m44. Kinda feeling like I should have a 91/30 in my collection

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sold the Blackwater P226 I had up here for a while. Glad I pulled it now and threw it up on gunbroker. Couldn't give it away locally for $625 and had three guys in a bidding war drive it up to $1075. Gunbroker is crazy sometimes what people want and will pay for it.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Taurus Customer Service today. Keyed into Open Customer Service Requests.

Origional contact 7/17. Rear sight screw fell off during firing. Rep said te screw was on Back Order. I ask for the screw specifications and was told that info is proprietary and not released. Rep said when Back Order arrives two screws will be sent.

Today (7months later), I call, Recording said I was next in line for Service but delay may be encountered due to their detailed attention to each customer. 45 Minutes later It was answered by a person. The Service Rep could not find my prior CS issue which are under your phone number. Five minutes later she finds it by my address (correct) with a phone number nothing close to mine. She says the Part is STILL on Back Order. I refer to the last BS contact and I want a screw, they can pull it from a in stock PT 1911, or call the factory in Brazil while I hold and have them ship it direct. Rep then says she will ship a "Alt Part" that will work tomorrow. Hmmmm. Okay, I'll wait a few days and see what, if anything shows up.

I really like the Taurus 1911. I'd give it 9 out of 10 Stars, 100% reliable! I'm just wondering if the Lifetime Warranty means its going to take that long to get anything done.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Picked up my Robinson Arms XCR-L 7.5" 300 Blackout pistol with Tail Hook brace, but RA forgot to pack the extra firing pin I ordered on Black Friday. Bonus: It came with iron sights...I thought there'd not be sights included.

A friend gave me an original A1 pistol grip for my Mattel project. Another friend gave me a "YOU CAN TELL IT'S MATTEL, IT'S SWELL!" velcro patch for the project. Ordered a buffer tube for the Mattel project and a $5 one half, right side, of a triangular hand guard set. Son-in-law will see if he can engrave a Mattel symbol into the hand guard, practicing on the $5 hand guard; if that doesn't work, my daughter will try making some small Mattel stickers.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Origional contact 7/17. Rear sight screw fell off during firing. Rep said te screw was on Back Order. I ask for the screw specifications and was told that info is proprietary and not released. Rep said when Back Order arrives two screws will be sent.

Today (7months later), I call, Recording said I was next in line for Service but delay may be encountered due to their detailed attention to each customer. 45 Minutes later It was answered by a person. The Service Rep could not find my prior CS issue which are under your phone number. Five minutes later she finds it by my address (correct) with a phone number nothing close to mine. She says the Part is STILL on Back Order. I refer to the last BS contact and I want a screw, they can pull it from a in stock PT 1911, or call the factory in Brazil while I hold and have them ship it direct. Rep then says she will ship a "Alt Part" that will work tomorrow. Hmmmm. Okay, I'll wait a few days and see what, if anything shows up.

I really like the Taurus 1911. I'd give it 9 out of 10 Stars, 100% reliable! I'm just wondering if the Lifetime Warranty means its going to take that long to get anything done.

any local smith can fix you up in 5min. I had my taurus warranty moment, was screwed and will never buy another.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I bought a used Taurus stainless 38 revolver on here and the cylinder was a little loose for my liking. I did not call anyone.... Just followed there instructions on there website and shipped the gun to them with a note. They repaired it like brand new and shipped it back.

I was very pleased with there service and warranty.

I also have there 1911 but had no issues where I had to use a warranty.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    any local smith can fix you up in 5min. I had my taurus warranty moment, was screwed and will never buy another.

Thank Frank. Originally, I was planning to take the slide w/floppy sight to Fastenal and find an allen screw if I didn't get something from Taurus in 30 days. Obviously, I forgot it till I pulled it out this morning. Its clear that Taurus never fixed or filled the Back Orders in 7 months as they had my correct address and my CS Request was still open. I think people should hold Mfgs accountable for there Warranties, have them make it right. We'll see what happens.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Spent yesterday morning sighting in a new scope at CORE. The Steiner px4i is probably the best $500 LPVO on the market, very clear glass and clean reticle. The red dot is daylight bright and weighs in at 17oz. I took my neighbor with me to sight his AR with a 1-8x Strike Eagle, the difference was ridiculously noticeable. Even at 8x I could see more at 4x with the Steiner. It was a beautiful morning to ring some steel out to 400 yds. He brought his Sig MPX and I think I have found a new avenue to empty my gun fund. :eyebrows:

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Went over to JJ’s for some M1 Carbine maintenance. Turns out the forward barrel band on the rifle was stripped out, as was the machine screw due to it having a new stock replacement. JJ had both the tap and die (10/32NF) to take care of business. We also hand fitted the new stock by filing and sanding the barrel band area. All that’s left is to restore the finish in that area. He had the tool to take the bolt apart so it was cleaned and put back together. It was properly lubed up and fired by me for the first time. It’s a ‘Quality’ made carbine from Chicago, my home town. The barrel is stamped ‘43. It’s a C.A.I re-import, picked it up for a steal last year, compared to the going prices now. The finish is rough, debating weather to send it to the CMP for a refinish, which cost around $200.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spent yesterday morning sighting in a new scope at CORE. The Steiner px4i is probably the best $500 LPVO on the market, very clear glass and clean reticle. The red dot is daylight bright and weighs in at 17oz. I took my neighbor with me to sight his AR with a 1-8x Strike Eagle, the difference was ridiculously noticeable. Even at 8x I could see more at 4x with the Steiner. It was a beautiful morning to ring some steel out to 400 yds. He brought his Sig MPX and I think I have found a new avenue to empty my gun fund. :eyebrows:

Is the road still a red clay mess or has it dried up? I'm heading up there tomorrow.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Is the road still a red clay mess or has it dried up? I'm heading up there tomorrow.
    Not too bad, no standing water but it's still soft. Is the bridge out coming from the west? I went thru Baker yesterday

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not too bad, no standing water but it's still soft. Is the bridge out coming from the west? I went thru Baker yesterday

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    They are paving the road over there. It's supposed to be done mid March I believe.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Took my daughter up to our land to shoot her new .22. 9D1DB6CD-7EA7-4468-948D-019727B36E2D.jpg 7AC7463E-AE1B-4E70-81E8-ADB3837ECA39.jpg

Attachments

• 9D1DB6CD-7EA7-4468-948D-019727B36E2D.jpg
      9D1DB6CD-7EA7-4468-948D-019727B36E2D.jpg
      239.1 KB · Views: 258
    • 7AC7463E-AE1B-4E70-81E8-ADB3837ECA39.jpg
      7AC7463E-AE1B-4E70-81E8-ADB3837ECA39.jpg
      660 KB · Views: 256

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spent about 3 hours yesterday and another hour today adjusting a set of Skinner sights on my Marlin 39A out a ERGC. I filed the front sight til I was blue in the face, but finally got it done. Still shooting a tad to the right but I forgot to bring the tools to drift the front sight a bit. Took my neighbor with me today and shot his new Mossberg shotgun. A good day all around!

Top Bottom