• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've never done one of the weekend 1000rd type courses before. Would love to hear some thoughts when you're done. What gun are you running the RDS on?
    Mines the entry level M&P... haha
    e7c2fa1155a2e65a3874e9d42b46e131.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aaron seems like a good dude and instructor. I'm trying to get up to one of his classes this year.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aaron seems like a good dude and instructor. I'm trying to get up to one of his classes this year.
    He's teaching the same course in New Orleans sometime in March or April. We scheduled awhile back for this one or I would've shot that one.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He's teaching the same course in New Orleans sometime in March or April. We scheduled awhile back for this one or I would've shot that one.

I'm planning on doing a low light instructor course with Wes Doss in March down in Leesburg Florida.

Last edited:

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    was having some accuracy issues with my rem700 at the range last week and couldn't figure out why. I couldn't make a damn 2" group at 100yd for anything and was getting increasingly frustrated, pissed off really, haha. I stepped away from the rem700 and fired off many rounds of 22lr in the same configuration to "shake" the bad voodoo and was tearing up the bullseye at 50yd with the 10/22. Mind you I have configured them both in a magpul stock, both have an improved trigger, comparable glass from one to the next. But I couldnt get a group out of the rem700. I said screw it and headed home.

Tonight, I was able to have some time to dig in. Magpul stock was tight, scope was tight in the rings. But the rings, ah hah!, the front ring had loosened on the scope base enough to be hard to notice in my frustration, but enough to wiggle the scope on my bench. Reseated the rings on the scope base, re-checked the torque (calibrated hand torque...maybe thats my problem) on the rings, and re-checked the tightness on the stock to the receiver. Performed a thorough cleaning and gave it a good once over.

Back to the range.... eventually.
    41c637e5dcf9c2ccd314710c49784aca.jpg

I have since added a higher cheek comb to the 10/22 stock. They're like big boy and mini-me, hah!

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    was having some accuracy issues with my rem700 at the range last week and couldn't figure out why. .......

Tonight, I was able to have some time to dig in. Magpul stock was tight, scope was tight in the rings. But the rings, ah hah!, the front ring had loosened on the scope base enough to be hard to notice in my frustration, but enough to wiggle the scope on my bench. Reseated the rings on the scope base, re-checked the torque (calibrated hand torque...maybe thats my problem) on the rings, and re-checked the tightness on the stock to the receiver. Performed a thorough cleaning and gave it a good once over.

Put a line of TorqueSeal / Slip Mark on all fastener. You can visually check if the line has cracked or changed allignment. Best to apply on inward surfaces to avoid accidental chipping. Zoom in on the pic to see it applied on my .300 Wby Accumark.
    20170425_133344.jpg

Attachments

• 20170425_133344.jpg
      20170425_133344.jpg
      269.5 KB · Views: 227

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Put a line of TorqueSeal / Slip Mark on all fastener.

I do a similar thing on mine using a silver Sharpie and place dots.

Chattanooga ran a special on 115 gr 9mm so I ordered a couple of bulk boxes and picked them up...hard to beat $.16 and I don't have to load um and I get to keep the brass.

Picked up a circa 78 Marlin 1894 in .44 Rem Mag...kinda feel like that was a score...needs a few replacement parts then GTG
    IMG_1783.jpg

Sized and cleaned all 75 pieces of the .44 Rem Mag I have.

Attachments

• IMG_1783.jpg
      IMG_1783.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 225

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Picked up my Israeli assembled FEG Browning clone from TGD after having it cerakoted Titanium color. I like it and think it turned out well!

FEG.jpg

Attachments

• FEG.jpg
      FEG.jpg
      414.3 KB · Views: 199

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Spent the weekend taking a crash course in shooting a pistol with a RDS(red dot sight). Well that was the focus of the class, but there were a lot of great points taught on defensive carry applications of the pistol. Ran a variety of drills and techniques from various positions, adding in multiple threats and utilizing cover. Of course there was quite a bit of discussion between each set about the "real world" application of these skills. Overall it was a great course and highly recommend Aaron with Sage Dynamics to anyone wanting to take a defensive handgun course with a RDS focus. I was the only M&P in the class and ran it proud. :D
    On a side note, I've been having issues with another pistol and can't quite single the issue out. I tried swapping out some parts this evening but to no avail. Tomorrow will give me some time to research some more...
    876f141e6a7ccef655e936e5a2a3ad11.jpg
    156a0ac5deee3be52701ef777b11a4c0.jpg

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    picked up another 60rds of 308 tonight to head to the range in the morning. Taking a damn tool kit with me this time!!

Anyone else gonna be at public range tomorrow morning 9-1130ish? I'll be on rifle range

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Finally got cell svc to order my tokarev pistol through Ubers
    Check out these aftermarket grips!

Attachments

• razor arms.jpg
      razor arms.jpg
      34.4 KB · Views: 132
    Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Daezee and I went up to my property and did a little playing around with some toys.

Trying out the Franklin Binary HK Trigger pack for the first time. I was standing right next to the cabin and you can hear the 9mm brass bouncing around between the deck and roof. Pretty funny.

HK MP5 K with the YHM Sidewinder Suppressor.

https://youtu.be/R4sVUprR4cA

Pic of the MP5 K

FnGCBdr.jpg

Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got up with JJ at his place and had him thread a rifle for me. Thanks again JJ.

Great guy to get work done by, very competent and explains things as he goes. He also addressed a fixed front sight issue on a pistol with a few well measured taps, something I did not trust my heavy handed self to attempt!

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got up with JJ at his place and had him thread a rifle for me. Thanks again JJ.

Great guy to get work done by, very competent and explains things as he goes. He also addressed a fixed front sight issue on a pistol with a few well measured taps, something I did not trust my heavy handed self to attempt!

Always worth the time to drop in on jj. In fact, we really did enjoy that tour of century that day, jj. It was really interesting. Very cool. Too bad we couldn't find Frank a house :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom