• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Thanks James!!
    It’s not very comfortable, but much more has been sacrificed for the sake of sexiness.
    At least until the novelty wears off. Then I’ll
    Probably go with a B&T folder. Lol
    And it’s so little without the suppressor, and doggone it does look good!

It DOES look good.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ I was just down the street from you at ERGC.
    I love a good 92, A3 is fun. Would’ve been fun to see your builds. They’re always first class.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up my SCCY CPX2 from my ffl dealer this morning. Hopefully can take it out to shoot sometime today or tomorrow.

Attachments

• sccy cpx2.JPG
      sccy cpx2.JPG
      94.4 KB · Views: 159

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sighted in red dot, and installed new stock.
    a7d4c5b3d541ab1a7a8f8f3eb7965b20.jpg

Came out nice... Can't wait for my tax stamps to come on for my MP5 SD... I see you decided on that nice trigger. You will not have any regrets on it!!!

We need to get together and have an HK Clone shoot!!!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Came out nice... Can't wait for my tax stamps to come on for my MP5 SD... I see you decided on that nice trigger. You will not have any regrets on it!!!
    We need to get together and have an HK Clone shoot!!!
    Yup! Love the trigger, love the stock.
    Absolutely! Just say when.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    cut a check to the overseeing eye. Approx 8 mos. from now I'll bring home my SBR AK built by Rifle Dynamics

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've been slowly working on my gun/reloading room in the new house.

It started like this (after replacing the overhead light with LED):

W3zmPYJ.jpg

Then after a coat of primer:

nvqusxz.jpg

Then paint (it's gray, but looks pretty light in the photo):

IVQsdcA.jpg

Then I moved all the boxes into the room, to get them out of the main part of the basement for a while. I'm hoping to start shopping for cabinets in the next few weeks:

VoFP2Ii.jpg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nice! I have 15 gallons of white on the walls and ceiling and picked up 4 8' LED fixtures that should go up this weekend in mine.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Finished sighting in my Ruger Precision Rimfire. It likes one particular lot of Gemtech 42gr subsonic ammo (I tried 4 lots of it I had on hand), and tied with that for accuracy is Eley Target. Aguila .22 std velocity is very close in accuracy (and inexpensive), beating out Wolf. Wolf Match Target normally shoots nice, but neither lot I have shot super in the Ruger, so I'll save them for the rifles that like it. Trigger pull averages 2 lb 4 oz. I am liking the Ruger Precision Rimfire...its look is growing on me.

Oh, with a suppressor in place, it shoots to the same impact point as without the suppressor with that Gemtech ammo.

Contacted Little Jack's Guns and found that Nate still had some of that exact lot of Gemtech .22 left, which I'll be buying more of.

Dug out a couple of my .22 rimfire steel swinging target set ups (one has various diameter round targets and the other has a pig, turkey, chicken and ram), cleaned off the rust and painted them. Will be taking them to the range on my next trip.

Friend and I split a case of the (fairly new) CMP Eley .22 that Eley is making for CMP. Every accuracy report I've read about it was great (average of several 100yd groups in 4 target rifles were .4x", .7x", .93" and 1.01"), especially for the price...it arrived today. Weather permitting, that will be tested Sunday. $354.95/5000rd case delivered. Limit of 2 cases per year.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    went to the gun show and got $5 worth of sks stripper clips. I had to fight the urge to bring home a BEAUTIFUL M14 (M1A) man I wanted to bring her home.....

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    More testing with the Ruger Precision Rimfire at my club's 34yd plinking range. All groups were 5 shots, except 1 8 shot group. The orange dot is 1" in diameter. Pay no attention to the 9/16 and 11/16 and otr markings...just scribbling as I figured out the center to center measurements of some of the groups...the real CTC numbers are listed such as .277, .3395 and .464

First up, a new batch of Aguila standard velocity. Boxes marked Aguila Primed (old boxes marked Eley Primed). Shot to same poi of old stuff. Accuracy while OK for plinking and hunting wasn't as good as the old stuff. Old stuff would normally have all shots touching and seemed consistent from lot to lot. I have a few thousands of rounds of the old stuff still left.

DSCN3532.JPG

Next was Gemtech 42gr subsonic lot A31x41...it shot fine as always. Little Jack's had some more of that same lot so I bought 5500 more rounds of it...Thank you Nate! First is with suppressor. 2nd is without (and also 2nd was 8 shots). The Ruger Precision likes this lot, whereas some of my other firearms like different lots. Different lots give groups about 1 1/2 to 2 times as big in the Precision.

DSCN3530.JPG DSCN3528.JPG

Finally some of the new Eley CMP ammo. It would sometimes have 4 shots touching and 1 outside...ammo or me? Pretty good for 7.1 cents each delivered. Will need to try this ammo in the Winchester M52 with its 20x scope.

DSCN3529.JPG DSCN3531.JPG

Not shown were 2 lots of Remington 38gr subsonic. Both lots would keep the shots on/in the 1" target dots, but the poi would be all over the 1" dot. One lot had oxidized bullets, but they chambered with ease...this tells me the Precision rifle does not have a tight match chamber. Remington subsonic is OK for plinking or squirrel hunting, but the Precision is a bit heavy for that type of use in my opinion. I have 2 rifles that shoot the Remington subsonic much tighter and use them for squirrel hunting.

Attachments

• DSCN3532.JPG
      DSCN3532.JPG
      28.1 KB · Views: 128
    • DSCN3530.JPG
      DSCN3530.JPG
      25.9 KB · Views: 123
    • DSCN3528.JPG
      DSCN3528.JPG
      27.8 KB · Views: 128
    • DSCN3529.JPG
      DSCN3529.JPG
      31.4 KB · Views: 129
    • DSCN3531.JPG
      DSCN3531.JPG
      21.6 KB · Views: 131

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Finally got around to mounting my Hornady AR Gun Locker in my CX-5. Not a great fit, but I knew that going in. It is functional, and I included a de-humidification pack and a spare set of batteries in the locker compartment.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^^ That a pretty cool lock box! Not sure I'm on board with the RFID. I recall the RFID handgun's security was defeated. I imagine it could be left unpowered, nor sure if magnets could still crack it.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been slowly working on my gun/reloading room in the new house.

It started like this (after replacing the overhead light with LED):

W3zmPYJ.jpg

Then after a coat of primer:

nvqusxz.jpg

Then paint (it's gray, but looks pretty light in the photo):

IVQsdcA.jpg

Then I moved all the boxes into the room, to get them out of the main part of the basement for a while. I'm hoping to start shopping for cabinets in the next few weeks:

VoFP2Ii.jpg
    That's more boxes than I had in my entire house when you helped me move. Haha
    Over the last few days I've ordered some 300blk parts to put together a upper.
    Also been researching hunting rifles. Got my first elk tag this season, first time hunting period so I am excited. Will be getting a rifle soon.
    Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Bag I was using as a range bag was get way cramped. I decided to order the Osage River bag to replace it...one word... F'nHuge.

Osage.jpg

I do think the Light version may have been OK....thought for $10 more what could go wrong. Light 13.5X7.5 Standard 18X13

Lots of growing room

Attachments

• Osage.jpg
      Osage.jpg
      30.9 KB · Views: 177

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bag I was using as a range bag was get way cramped. I decided to order the Osage River bag to replace it...one word... F'nHuge.

View attachment 66038

I do think the Light version may have been OK....thought for $10 more what could go wrong. Light 13.5X7.5 Standard 18X13

Lots of growing room

Where did you order it from and what was your cost to your front door?
    Thanks in Advance
    bobinbusan :smilet-digitalpoint

Top Bottom